TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front License Plate

emailcm

In Cali, you have to have a front and rear license plate. Rear is no problem. But putting one of the front will totally ruin the look of the car...not to mention possible airflow restriction. Anyone in possession of their Shelby dealt with this yet? If so, can you post a picture or two for the rest of us?

Guest evilchris

In Cali, you have to have a front and rear license plate. Rear is no problem. But putting one of the front will totally ruin the look of the car...not to mention possible airflow restriction. Anyone in possession of their Shelby dealt with this yet? If so, can you post a picture or two for the rest of us?

Do what I do. Leave the plate off. When you get pulled over, put it on and have the ticket signed off. Then take it off again.

It's a "must" here in Illinois, too. I'm not doing it. It's not a moving violation and I'll pay a lot of tix before I'll drill the front end.

:shift:

bj

It's a "must" here in Illinois, too. I'm not doing it. It's not a moving violation and I'll pay a lot of tix before I'll drill the front end.

:shift:

bj

Ditto. I'll take my chances before I drill the bumper. We're currently working on a bracket that will hold the plate without drilling the bumper

There is no way in Hell that I would EVER put a plate on the front of my Shelby.

In CA there only has to be a plate facing forward. On the dash is good enough to get a fix it signed off.

Consider this:

How many Vettes, Ferraris, Lambos, etc do you see with a front plate. Nice cares get preferred treatment.

Also, it gives the officer a citation to write w/o having to cite you for excessive speed. Just pass the attitude test.

Ok, I talked to my dealer this morning and he asked if i wanted the front plate bracket installed, of course I said no, here in NC it's not required, and there are 2 things I don't want them to do to the my Shelby as part of PDI, they are "NO front plate bracket, and no dealer logo's, stickers, emblems of any type are to be put on my car."[

BTW ETA is approx 9-5 we'll see

T

Saw one at a dealership in NH where the plates are mandatory. The holes were already drilled in the bumper and the tape stripes were covering them!

I think that is by design from ford. I can see the holes in my bumper, under the stripes. It would cause less damage were you to mount though the holes into a machine screw thread than if self-tapping sheetmetal screws were used. The bunmper cover an my '96 looks like hell because of that.

Archived