TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just got back from Woodward

Mustang Joe

My son and I just got back from the Woodward Dream Cruise and we had a blast. Once the rain let up, things got hopping. Saw a couple of Shelbys there, so I may have seen some of you guys. Is this anyone on the board?

post-3014-1156098964_thumb.jpg

Anyways, we're walking the side streets and up ahead I spy a Shelby convertible with over-the-top stripes and I figure I'd better get a picture. We get a little closer and my son says, "Hey, where's the diffuser?". I just shook my head and said, "Son, there are all kinds of people in this world. Don't ever be one of those..." :)

post-3014-1156098710_thumb.jpg post-3014-1156098721_thumb.jpg

post-3014-1156098710_thumb.jpg

post-3014-1156098721_thumb.jpg

Hmmm... they forgot to put a Shelby front end, and a Shelby spoiler on it. Small little oversite I guess. :D

Damn Posers!

You know what. I saw the same thing in LA earlier this week. I was leaving UCLA heading down Westwood Blvd and my wife pointed it out to me (I was on the phone). It was exactly like the one you posted pictures of, except it was black. I tried as hell with traffic to line up our cars so I lambast him to the point that he would remove his stupid poser aftermarket labels. That stuff really :censored: me off.

Not what I would do. But why does anyone care? Is the car some sort of status symbol to you?

I care because it trailer trashes the essence of what a shelby truly represents. But, then again maybe you're right...I shouldn't. Ladies purchase fake LV purses all the time and it doesn't water down that brand. Mullet heads should have their dream come true too!

My son and I just got back from the Woodward Dream Cruise and we had a blast. Once the rain let up, things got hopping. Saw a couple of Shelbys there, so I may have seen some of you guys. Is this anyone on the board?

Anyways, we're walking the side streets and up ahead I spy a Shelby convertible with over-the-top stripes and I figure I'd better get a picture. We get a little closer and my son says, "Hey, where's the diffuser?". I just shook my head and said, "Son, there are all kinds of people in this world. Don't ever be one of those..." :)

post-3014-1156098710_thumb.jpg post-3014-1156098721_thumb.jpg

That's definitely a POSER wannabee!! But here's the REAL THING!! And IMO,looks 100% better with the stripes on the convertible! It's a friend car and it looks hott!!!!! What a difference!!! He had stripes added on at dealers!! :rockon:

post-2674-1156110865_thumb.jpg

post-2674-1156110908_thumb.jpg

post-2674-1156110999_thumb.jpg

Is the car some sort of status symbol to you?

Well, from the tone of your post it's obvious you don't think there's anything special about the car. However, there are plenty of people who do. The evidence is the fact that people have spent time and money to create a clone.

It seems like that bugs you. That must be why you keep trying to rain on everyone's parade...

Guest evilchris

Well, from the tone of your post it's obvious you don't think there's anything special about the car. However, there are plenty of people who do. The evidence is the fact that people have spent time and money to create a clone.

It seems like that bugs you. That must be why you keep trying to rain on everyone's parade...

It seems to me you're trying to rain on that guys parade who put some emblems on his car. Let him do what he wants. You aren't "better" than him. It seems YOU are bugged. I am not bugged at all by that guys car.

I care because it trailer trashes the essence of what a shelby truly represents. But, then again maybe you're right...I shouldn't. Ladies purchase fake LV purses all the time and it doesn't water down that brand. Mullet heads should have their dream come true too!

What does it truly represent?

Guest evilchris

People who see it and think it is a Shelby end up thinking it isn't very special after all. It deteriorates what the car really is, but what is the saying 'imitation is the greatest flattery' (or something like that). In this case it is not very flattering.

Do you care what other people think of it? I sure as hell wouldn't. If you like the car why do you CARE what someone who saw a fake thinks of it? I keep my 5.0's around because I LOVE them. Most people don't. Does nothing to me.

Caring what other people think of your car and whatever "image" you think it lends to you is where the term "penis extension" comes in.

Are you buying the car so people look at you getting out of it and think "wow he's so cool, he has a Shelby"? They aren't. They might think "nice car" and admire the car, but couldn't care less about the driver. So I say again, who cares?

It doesn't detract at all from the value of the car because anyone in the market to buy one will already know what it is and be a fan of it.

Guest evilchris

Question: Are all the fake 60's "Shelby's" all lame now? Most of them are fake that are out there. I think they're pretty damn cool and a lot are better than the real thing performance wise.

100_3036.JPG

100_3032.JPG 100_3034.JPG

Well he thinks he has a G.T 500. OH Well takes all kinds.

Guest evilchris

Well he thinks he has a G.T 500. OH Well takes all kinds.

I like the GT500 rear spoiler and will put one on my GT. I guess I am just a POSER LOLOLOLOL like some of the posters above believe.

Guys have been putting Bullitt badges on just about everything since they came out and now it'll be Cobras badges and GT500 stickers. Honestly I am embarassed for the guys that do this. I saw a V6 vert with Bullitt rocker stickers, trunk badges and NOS stickers. I just smile and try not to embarass the guy while driving into the shop with my Bullitt and a whistling noise coming from under the hood. ;)

Guest evilchris

Guys have been putting Bullitt badges on just about everything since they came out and now it'll be Cobras badges and GT500 stickers. Honestly I am embarassed for the guys that do this. I saw a V6 vert with Bullitt rocker stickers, trunk badges and NOS stickers. I just smile and try not to embarass the guy while driving into the shop with my Bullitt and a whistling noise coming from under the hood. ;)

According to the above posters putting a blower on a Bullitt makes you a poser though, you copied the Cobra! :)

It's been Cobra badges since forever, I see it all the time but don't care.

Question: Are all the fake 60's "Shelby's" all lame now? Most of them are fake that are out there. I think they're pretty damn cool and a lot are better than the real thing performance wise.

\

The only problem I see is when they try to & pass it off as a Shelby when they sell it .

Guest evilchris

You know in 1991 I had Cobra emblems on my 5.0, and wired my alarm LED to its eyes. It was slick as hell. That was 2 years before Ford made an SVT Cobra.

I like the GT500 rear spoiler and will put one on my GT. I guess I am just a POSER LOLOLOLOL like some of the posters above believe.

You know in 1991 I had Cobra emblems on my 5.0, and wired my alarm LED to its eyes. It was slick as hell. That was 2 years before Ford made an SVT Cobra.

This kind of stuff does not bother me. However, the guy with the silver Gt that has the Bullitt trunk badge and is trying to pass it off as the elusive silver Bullitt, you know, the only silver one ever built. He even did a VIN check and all and it exists...... Those one require :devil2:

Question: Are all the fake 60's "Shelby's" all lame now?

Yes. That's why they cost significantly less than the real thing.

Are you buying the car so people look at you getting out of it and think "wow he's so cool..blah..blah..blah

What? Are you Dr. Phil now? Stop already with the psychotherapy bullsh!t. It's only in your fevered imagination that people look at cars and say, "What a cool driver!". Most car people look at the car and say "now that's a cool car". Hell I just spent the last two days saying not much more than, "now that's a cool car".

I like the GT500 rear spoiler and will put one on my GT.

Good for you. You going to put the GT500 rocker stripe on it too?

Guest evilchris

Good for you. You going to put the GT500 rocker stripe on it too?

Never considered that, but since it gets your panties in a bunch I just might, would be worth it!

Archived