TEAM SHELBY FORUM

i just bought an '87 Shelby CSX!

TurboSedan

the other night i was really bored and decided to search craigslist.com in the Denver area. what do you know, i found an '87 Shelby CSX for sale! no pics were posted, and all the ad said was "runs good but needs work, high miles. $1000/obo." i tried calling the owner a couple times but got no answer so i just figured it must have already sold. well the next morning she called back! so my brother and i decided to drive down and take a look at it for the hell of it. turns out the car is quite nice! it was repainted in 2000, clean interior besides the front seats being worn. doesn't even look like anyone ever sat in the back seat. dash is near perfect, headliner doesn't sag at all, carpet and door panels are nice and clean. no dents anywhere on the car and the grill and bumper covers aren't cracked or anything. it has 185,xxx miles but it could pass for having 85,000 miles. it has obviously been taken care of. all of the Shelby specific items are the except the Centurion wheels :( right now it's wearing a set of wheels from a Cavalier Z24. ah well. we took it for a short test drive and it definately needs a tune-up, but otherwise ran fine. it also needs a passenger side motor mount (collapsed) and new tires. even though the ad said "$1000/obo" she really didn't want to take anything less. i finally managed to haggle the price down to $950. that's fine with me though considering the car was wayyyy nicer than i thought it would be!

here are some pics we took:

http://www.turbosedan.com/shelbycsx667

only bad thing is that there is a rather large rust hole in the trunk floor right above the muffler. which is wierd, because there is NO rust anywhere else on the car; not even near the E-brake cable. this is my first numbered car and my 3rd Turbo Dodge. i used to own an '89 Lebaron GTS with factory T2/A555 (1 of 268 made) and right now i own a blue '91 Dodge Spirit R/T. my brother owns two '91 Dodge Spirit R/Ts (one red, one white), an '86 Omni GLH Turbo, and Shelby Lancer #127. '87 CSX will be right at home :)

i will be posting pics later on tonight or Monday!

• 10 months later...
Interesting that the engine tag and CSX numbers are different on the Dodges.

I know this is several months old, but...

There's a formula to find the CSX production number from the engine serial number:

last 3 digits of model year - last 3 digits of serial number = CSX number

So my 1987 is #321, and the engine serial number is...666! I'm doomed. :devil:

My '89 is also #321, with engine serial number 668.

I know this is several months old, but...

There's a formula to find the CSX production number from the engine serial number:

last 3 digits of model year - last 3 digits of serial number = CSX number

So my 1987 is #321, and the engine serial number is...666! I'm doomed. :devil:

My '89 is also #321, with engine serial number 668.

And here I was just about to post that there is a guy in Texas with #321.....

David just can't get used to your new location :P

If I recall didn't we try to find 1988 CSX-T #321 thru CarFax a couple years back? I don't think we were sucessful on that one.

I'm sure we can find you a Shelby Mustang with that number though.

Steve

Archived