TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1970 GT500 found

SGT/SC#0471

So over the last week I was taken by a car under a blue tarp in a driveway (I have a car habit, and I am always on the lookout for old cars) in Western WA with a CS front lic plate frame. It was tarped well and I am not into trasspassing. No clues. Driving by again the owner was in the driveway. Turned out to be an original 1970 GT500. Owner was a really awesome guy and had owned it forever. He loved the SGT, and said he digs the white the best. His car was in nice original shape and stock. No repro parts. Nice to see one from 1970 up close and in person. The guy was cool enough to take the tarp off and show the car to me as well as pointing out the CS mods. I can tell you our cars are really keeping with the tradition and accurate as far as the "feel". Very cool and a cool car with a right on owner! He was into letting it gain that "patina" as only an old car can. He was also into the cool cars before they went as seen on TV. Anyways, thought I would share my experience...

So over the last week I was taken by a car under a blue tarp in a driveway (I have a car habit, and I am always on the lookout for old cars) in Western WA with a CS front lic plate frame. It was tarped well and I am not into trasspassing. No clues. Driving by again the owner was in the driveway. Turned out to be an original 1970 GT500. Owner was a really awesome guy and had owned it forever. He loved the SGT, and said he digs the white the best. His car was in nice original shape and stock. No repro parts. Nice to see one from 1970 up close and in person. The guy was cool enough to take the tarp off and show the car to me as well as pointing out the CS mods. I can tell you our cars are really keeping with the tradition and accurate as far as the "feel". Very cool and a cool car with a right on owner! He was into letting it gain that "patina" as only an old car can. He was also into the cool cars before they went as seen on TV. Anyways, thought I would share my experience...

Very cool! Shame to hear it's just under a tarp though. That will be you one day talking to some kid 20 years from now.

:happy feet:

It's really rare to find someone that has had a car for years and actually has kept up with"The scene".Obviously he has knowing what the SGT was considering eeven some dealers are in the dark about it!Cool find indeed!Now where is it,I might want to borrow it :hysterical:

Very cool! Shame to hear it's just under a tarp though. That will be you one day talking to some kid 20 years from now.

:happy feet:

I sure hope so Jeff!

:stop: Under a tarp and not in a garage? :cry:

I was surprised by the tarp too, thats why I intially thought I was in a dream when I first spotted the front plate frame and the lines of the car under the tarp. The fenders were looking longish up front. The reason was that the dude did not have a garage. But he digs his car.

Did you ask him if he was interested in selling it?

The guy will own it forever, that much is true. He said he could care less about what its worth, its just "a car" and he digs it. He would have sold it when the GT500 first came out if he was into it for the dough.

It's really rare to find someone that has had a car for years and actually has kept up with"The scene".Obviously he has knowing what the SGT was considering eeven some dealers are in the dark about it!Cool find indeed!Now where is it,I might want to borrow it :hysterical:

He said the car is a beast to drive for sure, I am with you its a trip. Like I said the guy was an interesting and cool dude. He liked it well used and original verses overrestored and undriven. He was aware of the new cars and liked the SGT's. He had an old SAAC sticker on his other car. It's one of my all time great finds in old cars in yards, 70 fastback cool, a 70 GT500 almost unbelieveable.

Archived