TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need finance opinion from members

slamarre

All,

Sat down today to talk about the steps to buy a 07 SGT. The options on the car are IUP, AAT, Shaker1000, SAT.

They offered me (i signed nothing yet) a price of 36,500$ with a 0.9% or 34,000$ with something like 6.9%. And as you know, they told me that it is a 2,500 rebate or the 0.9%.

I you take a loan calculator, you will see that the total cost of the car after 60 months is almost the same (1,000$ less for the 0.9%). In addition, the monthly payment is about 15$ less on the 0.9% financing.

What shuold i do? Is this a good deal? 36,500$ is approx 4,000$ less than the MSRP.

Thanks.

I think that you may be able to do better than the $36,500 right out of the box. I am not up to speed on the current customer incentive program but why would they offer the car at $34,000 for 6.9%? I have seen "new" 07's in the $34,000 range. If it were me, I would negotiate the $34,000 at 0.9% because there 785 left over 07's right now on dealer lots. But that's just me. I think Michael Morris has offered you one for less then $34,000.

All,

Sat down today to talk about the steps to buy a 07 SGT. The options on the car are IUP, AAT, Shaker1000, SAT.

They offered me (i signed nothing yet) a price of 36,500$ with a 0.9% or 34,000$ with something like 6.9%. And as you know, they told me that it is a 2,500 rebate or the 0.9%.

I you take a loan calculator, you will see that the total cost of the car after 60 months is almost the same (1,000$ less for the 0.9%). In addition, the monthly payment is about 15$ less on the 0.9% financing.

What shuold i do? Is this a good deal? 36,500$ is approx 4,000$ less than the MSRP.

Thanks.

It's a wash at the end. If you think you'll pay it off early, figure out how much sooner and go back. If you're going to hang on to it for the whole period, it's no different to your total out of pocket, so choose the one that gives you the best (save the $1K).

Are you the one that had the $10K underwater truck? Will this absorb that? If so, go for it!

All,

Thanks.

Buy the one from the dealer in TN for $29,988

I took the financing, but at the time it was 0% for 60 months and the rebate was only $1500. My payment is lower and it will only take 2 years for the pay-off to equal out. I do not plan on selling any time soon so that was my decision. Figure out how long it will take for the pay-off to equal out, that helped me decide. In the end I saved like an extra $4k in finance charges instead of a $1500 rebate, obviously this is if I do not pay it off or sell prior to paying off.

A simple interest loan can be paid off ahead of time if you have the extra capital.If not,Fight for the lowest payment and make it affordable.It does get confusing but once you take the rate,The actual payoff is higher if you pay early.Again it gets confusing!Remember right now it is a buyers market!

Archived