TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Side skirts, front splitter, rear diffuser

ACCLERCR

Going nuts tonight...last new topic posting, I promise...

On these areas, what's the best cleaning solution out there? I was told by one person that because of the plastic nature of these 4 areas, they may be prone to turning white over time, if not sprayed with some type of (silicone-based) solution. Also, if I have it garaged and covered, when not at a car show or when driving, what are the chances of this happening over time? I know that this has happened with my truck but that's always outside facing the elements (sun, etc.)...

Your feedback please...

Going nuts tonight...last new topic posting, I promise...

On these areas, what's the best cleaning solution out there? I was told by one person that because of the plastic nature of these 4 areas, they may be prone to turning white over time, if not sprayed with some type of (silicone-based) solution. Also, if I have it garaged and covered, when not at a car show or when driving, what are the chances of this happening over time? I know that this has happened with my truck but that's always outside facing the elements (sun, etc.)...

Your feedback please...

Everyone has there preferance. I use Meguiars Gold Class car wash to clean the car along with the lower black trim, I would use a seperate wash mitt to clean these as the lower rocker panels can get alot of grim and grit. You do not want to drag this across your paint so I do them last. I use a 2 bucket system and a grit gaurd to help reduce the chance of bringing something back to the car. As for protecting the black trim I use Trim detailer and apply it with a sponge to the lower trim and the aresol spray for the grill. I lightly wipe with a micro fiber towel. This works great for me. Here is a link to these products. http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_lis...sectionID=16101

Hope this helps :)

Everyone has there preferance. I use Meguiars Gold Class car wash to clean the car along with the lower black trim, I would use a seperate wash mitt to clean these as the lower rocker panels can get alot of grim and grit. You do not want to drag this across your paint so I do them last. I use a 2 bucket system and a grit gaurd to help reduce the chance of bringing something back to the car. As for protecting the black trim I use Trim detailer and apply it with a sponge to the lower trim and the aresol spray for the grill. I lightly wipe with a micro fiber towel. This works great for me. Here is a link to these products. http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_lis...sectionID=16101

Hope this helps :)

Thanks...I may go for the exterior aerosol spray for these areas...looks good!

Thanks again!!! :happy feet:

I used turtle wax ice paste on these areas, it works good on plastic pieces, mine turned out fine. But the easy solution is to get them painted. I bought painted rockers, bout to buy painted mirror covers and getting estimate for the exhaust piece to be painted. The front chin spoiler I am leaving black.

Archived