TEAM SHELBY FORUM

got hail damaged

fatboy

title says it all. :fan:

i just went out and looked it over with a flashlight. doesnt look good and its dark outside too. cant imagine what it will look like when sun comes up. :censored:

i've no garage or car port ...so there was nuthin i could do.

it busted out one of the windows on back side of house. tore the screen and bent the window frame of my bedroom window.

know any good body shops?

edit: just noticed the windshield is busted....

oh and another super storm cell is coming

man, I am so sorry to hear about this; up here in kc, I have replaced two roofs and fixed 4 or 5 cars because of hail damage. I actually have a phobia about it now, and get kinda freaky when they predict hail. I would recommend just taking a breath, and see what it really is like in the morning with good light. sometimes the damage is much less than what you initially fear. some dents can be popped out, or come out on their own with heat/cold cycles. If you think that a body shop will have to be part of the equation, get into a good one early tomorrow, because after a hail storm the good shops get backed up with work. Good luck with it. also, if you have dents in your hood and trunk, they will probably just get replaced since they are aluminum, so you are really only going to have repairs to top and fenders. then paint and stripe replacement.

edit; well after your additional information, you definitely want to find the best body shop in the area. Surprisingly, the best around me is at a ford dealer here in town. My son had 16K damage to a brand new sport trac from a dodge ram going into his rear, and it came out of the shop looking and driving better than new. They really can do wonders with body work. Just make sure you pay attention to the storm coming, in case it spawns a tornado or two.

john

title says it all. :fan:

i just went out and looked it over with a flashlight. doesnt look good and its dark outside too. cant imagine what it will look like when sun comes up. :censored:

i've no garage or car port ...so there was nuthin i could do.

it busted out one of the windows on back side of house. tore the screen and bent the window frame of my bedroom window.

know any good body shops?

I would seek a PDR (paintless dent removal) person in your area.

It would be covered by insurance and they could possibly get out quite a bit if not all damage.

I would seek someone that has been doing it for 10 or more years.

Not sure who is in your area but I would look for 'Dent Doctor' or 'Dent Wizard', they are two of the bigger more qualified companies.

I would seek a PDR (paintless dent removal) person in your area.

It would be covered by insurance and they could possibly get out quite a bit if not all damage.

I would seek someone that has been doing it for 10 or more years.

Not sure who is in your area but I would look for 'Dent Doctor' or 'Dent Wizard', they are two of the bigger more qualified companies.

We are sorry to hear about the damage to your car. We had bad storms here in Orlando and Central Florida over the weekend and a car show was on Saturday. No rain during the show but on the way home the skies opened up bad ..so bad that we brought the speeds down to 30 mpg. All we could see was white. We prayed for no hail in those clouds. I questioned myself why I even brought the cars out to the show. No hail! When I got the cars in the garage and it was still raining heavy I thought to myself all this stress for the sake of a mustang show in Lakeland Florida. The things we do for the love of our cars.

www.hotelkingdom.com

yea i figured the hood and trunk will probly have to go. wont be original anymore if thats the case. but we'll see. i'm usually laid back about this stuff... but man... all my life i never seen hail this big. now that i got a shelby....it comes a good one.

i guess i need to invest in an awning over the driveway or something.

the windshield has cracks all over but i dont think its leaking.

oh yea the scoop looks better than the car now. no dents in it. must be made of rubber <_<

Man that sucks! We have a garage, so I went and pushed all our stuff to the sides and put the SGT in it. I'll have to post a pic of the garage in the morning it looks ridiculous. Non of the storms in the 5 years I've lived here have been this bad. Now I'm looking into some covers, any thoughts on a good one that can stop hail?

I forgot to mention Classic Collision does amazing work. They fixed my SRT when it got hit 2 weeks after I got it and did an amazing job. I can send you an Email of pics where the damage was after the repair, I changed laptops and can't find the before pics. Just let me know

Man that sucks!!!!!!!!! :mad: Definitely invest in a carport with metal roof or a lean shed off your house. You only want to have to go through this once. At least you had a sense of humor about it. Gotta love them hood scoops.

Hope it all works out for you, keep us posted.

Does insurance pay for acts of mother nature? Gawd, I hope so.

i'm goin to get the insurance man out here before i do anything to the car and get as much out of them as i can.

also kinda wondered.... has anyone ever claim total loss for hail damage?

if i have the dents fixed i really rather not have them fill them with putty. i'd rather just replace the hood and trunk. the hood really got it bad.

i'm gonna get offline and unplug everything because they are still showing more storms coming.

laters.

yea i figured the hood and trunk will probly have to go. wont be original anymore if thats the case. but we'll see. i'm usually laid back about this stuff... but man... all my life i never seen hail this big. now that i got a shelby....it comes a good one.

i guess i need to invest in an awning over the driveway or something.

the windshield has cracks all over but i dont think its leaking.

oh yea the scoop looks better than the car now. no dents in it. must be made of rubber <_<

The scoop thing was funny. I guess you have to have some humor in all of this. Sorry to hear about your car. Now you may be able to get the latest a greatest upgrade on the hood scoop NOT. We know all about that situation. How big was the hall balls and do you have pics of the damage?

Jim

Sucks Brother,

Here is a inexpensive carport.... http://www.carolina-carports.com/

what sucks more is that a week ago i was thinkin about gettin one of those, but thought of waiting.

looks like i shouldnt have waited. now it gonna cost more.

well its gotten a little light out and i went out and looked at the car and saw more dings than what i could see last night. some on the fenders too. :rant2:

oh and guess what? i've added insult to injury to myself..... when i walked around to the passenger side i realized for some reason my passenger window was rolled down. and it rained all night. everthing from the center console to the passenger door is sopping wet. i must have bumped the passenger window switch before getting out of the car at some point yesterday. :banghead: i hate those window switches that roll the window down automatically when u fully press them.

i might as well take this pony out to the pasture and shoot it. then set it on fire and push it off into the river just so i could complete the apocalypse of hail, flood, and fire. all i need now is some kinda plague. accually i'm sick to my stomache now after seeing the car this morning. so i guess thats counts as the plague part.

hey michael morris...you got any white 07 SGTs left on discount? how much will u gimme on a trade in? :spend:

Sorry about your car-good luck with the repairs. Look at it this way-here's your chance for a CS6 hood if you wanted one!!

accually i wanted to keep this car original as possible. the scoop as a matter of fact is really pretty good shape. not very much lift on it.

i'm goin to try to save the hood and everything and see if i can get the divits fixed. maybe most of it can be done to a point where i can be satisfied and live with it.

<_<

The scoop thing was funny. I guess you have to have some humor in all of this. Sorry to hear about your car. Now you may be able to get the latest a greatest upgrade on the hood scoop NOT. We know all about that situation. How big was the hall balls and do you have pics of the damage?

Jim

hail was golf ball size...i'll get some pic whenever the sun comes out. right now its just p!ss pouring outside....

oh and the wind sheers last night damaged some shingles and my roof is leaking. awsome huh? :rockon:

edit: ok here are some pics...

the windshield was cracked by a single hail stone that hit the very top passenger side corner and the crack basically spiderwebbed and branched off all over a 3rd of the windshield down to where it meets the hood. if the hail stone was just over 3 inches it would have missed the car. <_<

post-10642-1207838225_thumb.jpg

post-10642-1207838361_thumb.jpg

post-10642-1207838456_thumb.jpg

post-10642-1207838570_thumb.jpg

post-10642-1207838225_thumb.jpg

post-10642-1207838361_thumb.jpg

post-10642-1207838456_thumb.jpg

post-10642-1207838570_thumb.jpg

I feel for ya. A trip to Classic Collision may help understand cost of repair before the insurance guy comes out. I would try to get the insurance company to replace the hood and trunk lid, then figure out the best option for the fenders.

Wow sorry to hear that. I live in Leawood in Little Rock and the nado' last Friday missed my house by 1.5 blocks. Leawood is in bad shape. Where are you AR guys located? I haven't seen any other Shelby guys in Little Rock.

I'm by the NLR airport which got banged up pretty bad. I think something like 20 planes were upside down. Millions in damages. I saw it go over my house. Shelby was nice n tucked away in the carport tho.

You might want to try covering the top panels and glass with two-layers of corragated cardboard until you can get the car under a proper shelter.

The corragated cardboard is cheap and disposable, and double layers of it should be enough to absorb the hail impact and protect the body panels, otherwise I agree with My Wicked Shelby that gym work out pads would also be effective too.

Just a thought.

I feel your pain FatBoy. That really makes me sick but I'm sure you'll it fixed and all will be good again. As someone else suggested, check out Dent Wizzard for the repairs. I had a friend that had a Black ForeRunner a few years ago that some punks decided to kick in the doors and sides A real mess and it was only 6 months old or so. I was just amazed at what Dent Wizzard did with it. Black and you couldn't tell there had been any damage at all. Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Jim

local ford has a body shop. i dont know how good they are at hail damage.

as far as insurance i may have to take a hit on the windshield and try to get it fixed sooner because i dont want it to get worse and end up springing a leak. the insurance agency is busy~ busy~ busy~ busy. i'll probably be lucky to get an estimate within a week or 2.

i may wind up replacing the hood and trunk as bad as it is. what a shame. the roof of the car i guess cant be replaced? the fenders got just a few dings but i think a good repair shop can handle them.

damn...it wont be original anymore if i replace stuff. i dont even know any good body shops around here. i never had to use them. i just have to shop or ask around.

Arky51, i live in the Fort Smith area. it was a mess. some streets were closed off due to flooding. trees down in some areas. my roof was leaking. the ceiling over the kitchen and dining has water stains and damage. we have blow-in type insulation in the attic so it probably soaked real good up there. the water was just pouring through the exhaust hood over the stove. had to lay a string of pots all over the place to catch the water. we had to put a tarp over that part of roof of house.

i live with my folks right now and their garage is full of our Harley motorcycles and one yamaha. i couldnt get the car in there even if i stacked the bikes on top of each other. its really not a garage its basically turned into a storage space LOL. we have the 2nd refridgerator in it. a rolling tool box. an air compressor. laundry room in the back part. i couldnt even get 2 inches into the garage with the door open. but i had the car as close to the house as possible but i guess the storm blew where it didnt get much protection. my folks' vehicles got pounded too. and the popup camper's roof A/C unit's fiberglass cover has holes in it. the boat probably got the least damage being that its covered in heavy canvas including the outboard motor.

i'm investing in an awning of some sort.

i need to move out if i want a house with an accessable garage or carport. :hysterical: i'll probably have to sell my bike before i do it. i prefer living in a condo with a garage...less home maintenance.

our neighbors just had their house re-roofed last week. they probably could have waited another week and got it for free, eh?

everyone just got hit hard and fast around here. at least we didnt get blowed away.

i dont mean to ramble on but i was wondering if i get the hood and trunk replaced would i have to send the car out to Vegas to get it restriped or can the Ford dealer order the stripes from them and install them along with the imfamous scoop?

Sorry to hear about the storm fatboy. We got hit hard here in H-town in 06. Hugh golf ball size and up hail that took out our roof and then the water took out the upstairs ceilings The truck got hailed on pretty good, more dents than you could count and the paintless dent remover took them all out and you cannot tell. He can remover the headliner and get them off the roof also. Anywhere that he can touch the backside of a damaged body panel he can remove dents from. They did a great job.

Also, if you have a car cover over your car, you can set sheets of ply wood on top of it to offer super protection. We have done that to some of the kids cars when we knew it was coming.

Wow sorry to hear that. I live in Leawood in Little Rock and the nado' last Friday missed my house by 1.5 blocks. Leawood is in bad shape. Where are you AR guys located? I haven't seen any other Shelby guys in Little Rock.

Im in benton, the tornado missed me by just a little bit. It got the Buick dealer in Bryant and a bunch of other places. I had the 'stangs put up in the garage and carports. My naighbors thought we where crazy, outside moving the cars undercover, but you have to have your priorities right.

Im in benton, the tornado missed me by just a little bit. It got the Buick dealer in Bryant and a bunch of other places. I had the 'stangs put up in the garage and carports. My naighbors thought we where crazy, outside moving the cars undercover, but you have to have your priorities right.

You must have quite a bit of garage space. I'm suprised I haven't seen you guys driving around. Come to think of it I have seen one Shelby GT at a liquor store on JFK.

Archived