TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT Brake Duct Bezel & PIAA Driving Lights

Has anyone purchased the 5S3Z-2K004/5-GT Brake Duct Bezel Kit from Shelby Performance Parts Catalog?

Have called on this item and it sounds like they are currently having to remanufacture them...

I am interested in this product, but looks like you would need to break out the Hole Saw to Install these and potentially mangle your California Special Chin Spoiler. What is actually required to install these inserts?

Also wanted to ask the Mod Shop if they install the Lower Grille w/Driving Lights ($425.00 08 Installed Option for 2008 Shelby GT), do they also paint the ABS Black California Special Chin Spoiler to match the cars body color as shown on all the catalog pictures of the Performance White Shelby GT's?

Thanks for your help,

James / ShelbyGT07

Has anyone purchased the 5S3Z-2K004/5-GT Brake Duct Bezel Kit from Shelby Performance Parts Catalog?

Have called on this item and it sounds like they are currently having to remanufacture them...

I am interested in this product, but looks like you would need to break out the Hole Saw to Install these and potentially mangle your California Special Chin Spoiler. What is actually required to install these inserts?

Also wanted to ask the Mod Shop if they install the Lower Grille w/Driving Lights ($425.00 08 Installed Option for 2008 Shelby GT), do they also paint the ABS Black California Special Chin Spoiler to match the cars body color as shown on all the catalog pictures of the Performance White Shelby GT's?

Thanks for your help,

James / ShelbyGT07

Where to begin?

The kit is not yet for sale and there are, and have been, conflicting stories of when they might be available. Search these threads for more background information.

The installation I will leave to someone that has it installed at the mod shop or that has an 07' Hertz car who can look and see perhaps what's involved.

The Mod Shop WOULD have installed these when the car was initially at SAI for conversion. SAI is currently not accepting, as far as I know, shipped 07 or 08 SGTs for modification. However there are two authorized mod shops, one in RI the other in TX, that may be able to do this, but I can't say for sure. SAI itself will open the mod shop to shipped SGTs at some later date after the SS program has run its course.

The white lower fascia was ONLY on the prototype car that car was used for a lot of the PR pictures. Any good body shop could paint it for you but be careful how you park! If you wanted SAI to do the painting that would have to be a discussion with them when they open the Mod shop to our cars.

Best I can answer...I'm sure others will chime in!

Thanks for your help,

James / ShelbyGT07

You may want to look at this as an alternative:

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/S197/shelbyscoops.html

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/S197/brakecooling.html

Where to begin?

The kit is not yet for sale and there are, and have been, conflicting stories of when they might be available. Search these threads for more background information.

The installation I will leave to someone that has it installed at the mod shop or that has an 07' Hertz car who can look and see perhaps what's involved.

The Mod Shop WOULD have installed these when the car was initially at SAI for conversion. SAI is currently not accepting, as far as I know, shipped 07 or 08 SGTs for modification. However there are two authorized mod shops, one in RI the other in TX, that may be able to do this, but I can't say for sure. SAI itself will open the mod shop to shipped SGTs at some later date after the SS program has run its course.

The white lower fascia was ONLY on the prototype car that car was used for a lot of the PR pictures. Any good body shop could paint it for you but be careful how you park! If you wanted SAI to do the painting that would have to be a discussion with them when they open the Mod shop to our cars.

Best I can answer...I'm sure others will chime in!

Thanks for the info Jeff...

James / ShelbyGT07

Archived