TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Garage Door 1 Shelby Stripes 0

Make sure you pull all the way in the garage. I backed the Shelby out just enough to to do a little engine detailing and ran in the house. Someone other than me saw the garage door open and decided to close it not seeing the Shelby was not all the way in. Hit the remote and the results can be seen in the pictures. The rear stripes on the bumper are toast. I called Kenny at SAI Performance and provided him with the verification that this is the real deal and he should have the new stripes ordered tomorrow.

Moral of the story, don't take anything for granted.

Yuck.

Stripedamage3.jpg

StripDamage1.jpg

StripDamage2.jpg

That sucks...but as you say...could have been worse. Are you going to have a local body shop replace them?

Yes. When I spoke with Kenny at SAI Performance he recommended that a good repair shop do the work.

Yes. When I spoke with Kenny at SAI Performance he recommended that a good repair shop do the work.

Sorry about your misfortune. But at least it was only the stripes. Also taught the rest of us a good lesson, too.

Care to share which body shop? I need someone to stripe my vert with Ford stripes that can get the spacing right and do a good job.

Oh man, sorry to see that happen. She'll be good as new again real soon.

A big thanks for posting. I just disconnected my garage door opener. It

may be a pain getting in and out of the garage but better safe than sorry.

Dan

Don

i was searching for a specific thread and saw the post and didnt pay attention to it and out of the corner of my eye i saw your name attached too it

I tell myself " pls dont say its so"

and it was ... that had to be so painful !!!... The only damage to my car has also been self inflicted ... a couple of door edge dings opening it and hitting the side of the garage ... and pulling my car up on my car hauler and getting to close to my diamond plate tongue box and putting two small dimples smack dab on the center front of my front bumper

Hopefully u can get it repaired with out much fuss !!

THAT SUCKS !

Sorry about your misfortune. But at least it was only the stripes. Also taught the rest of us a good lesson, too.

Care to share which body shop? I need someone to stripe my vert with Ford stripes that can get the spacing right and do a good job.

msmap,

The best body guy in Beaumont is Collision and Classics, Gerald Condon is a friend and will make sure that it is done right.

Thanks everyone for your condolences. A lesson learned. Sort of like not going off and leaving something cooking on the stove. Don't leave your car parked halfway in the garage.

It's kind of funny in an odd way. Nobody will fess up. It's like when my kids were growing up; we must have others living in the house. We called them the children in the attic. They did all the stuff my kids never did. I guess they have escaped to the garage.

Everyone has taken that position, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks everyone for your condolences. A lesson learned. Sort of like not going off and leaving something cooking on the stove. Don't leave your car parked halfway in the garage.

It's kind of funny in an odd way. Nobody will fess up. It's like when my kids were growing up; we must have others living in the house. We called them the children in the attic. They did all the stuff my kids never did. I guess they have escaped to the garage.

Everyone has taken that position, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

We had them in our house growning up. Dang little buggers. They messed up everything and I always got blames :hysterical:

michael morris

• 1 month later...

Well,

I finally got the stripes in from SPP and had them install the bumper stripe. It tuned out very good. When you try to replace some of these controlled items on our cars, it takes some time to get your parts and get it fixed. The top part of the bumper is the only part of the stripe to be replaced. I am going to replace the entire trunk back down to the bumper because the new stripe doesn't quite match. Most likely no one will notice but me, but I've got the stripes anyway. SPP only sells the rear trunk "kit".

RepairedStripe.jpg

After

StripDamage2.jpg

Before

Well,

I finally got the stripes in from SPP and had them install the bumper stripe. It tuned out very good. When you try to replace some of these controlled items on our cars, it takes some time to get your parts and get it fixed. The top part of the bumper is the only part of the stripe to be replaced. I am going to replace the entire trunk back down to the bumper because the new stripe doesn't quite match. Most likely no one will notice but me, but I've got the stripes anyway. SPP only sells the rear trunk "kit".

RepairedStripe.jpg

After

StripDamage2.jpg

Before

Hi Don;

the new stripes look good!

mike

Archived