TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KRs on the way to SAI

Talked to one of my Ford dealers today & he said that his KR was already built & in route to SAI for the KR conversion. I was surprised to hear that. Can anyone confirm that KRs are there, that the conversions have started & how long this process will take @ SAI?.....shoyoright

Edit by sharon just to add photo caption, photos on second page.

There are 87 showing up so far.

Most are Silver or Black.

About 7 red and 6 vista blue

Where is all the counter intelligence that usually exist in finding out all the secrets on the new Shelbys. We knew everything about the GT500s & the Shelby GTs. This damn KR thing is like a cloke of secrecy. We need to know what dealers got KR allocations so we can pursue our cars instead of cashing the deposits they are sending back. Where are all of the pics of the KRs arriving to SAI? What is the estimated conversion time for a KR & how soon after completion are they leaving for their prospective dealers? Somebody chime in & give us some answers.....shoyoright

Where is all the counter intelligence that usually exist in finding out all the secrets on the new Shelbys. We knew everything about the GT500s & the Shelby GTs. This damn KR thing is like a cloke of secrecy. We need to know what dealers got KR allocations so we can pursue our cars instead of cashing the deposits they are sending back. Where are all of the pics of the KRs arriving to SAI? What is the estimated conversion time for a KR & how soon after completion are they leaving for their prospective dealers? Somebody chime in & give us some answers.....shoyoright

ALL PART OF THE KR HYPE IN MY OPINION, LEGIT LOTTERY HMMN.

87 UNITS WHERE AT SAI ALREADY HOW DO YOU KNOW THE COLORS ORDERED?? RED AND BLUE WOULD HAVE BEEN ORDERED IF PEOPLE HAD PICS TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE SPENDING 80,000 ON.

No, 87 KR's are showing up in locator. That means those cars have been released from the plant for shipping. So they could be sitting in MI waiting to be shipped, or enroute to SAI being shipped, or at SAI being converted, or completed at SAI and enroute to the dealer, or already in stock sitting at dealer.

The colors are listed. So they could be KR's that were sold already or KR's that dealers had to order and they just picked the color and options they wanted to order if they haven't been sold yet. It appears most have not been presold since a lot of dealers seem to be advertising they have one to sell which has already been ordered.

When in May? In time to take a 500 mile drive to my mom's for Mother's day or in time to drive to Sedona, AZ for Memorial day?

I am not holding my breath! I say if it was by Labor Day......I would be impressed.

I heard from an unreliable source that there is some Ford hold up that they want to ship all the vehicles at one time to SAI and then when they are all completed send them out ......but as I said....unreliable. Perhaps someone else has better info?????

I was told by a fairly reliable source there

are parts shortages and delivery of the KR

cars will be later than previous delivery

schedule. It always takes longer to get

the initial production up and running.

parts shortages by Ford or SAI?.....shoyoright

What's going on inside the hood scoop? It looks from the photo like it is non-functional. Perhaps its just the photo, but it looks kind of unfinished - I would have expected black-out paint in there.

Here is a Picture of the VISTA BLUE KR that is finished and sitting on the SAI showroom floor....

I was there yesterday to pick up my 40th / SS upgrades..... The last picture is my car yesterday! Smokin Fast!

Archived