TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Torque Wrench

rheller

Can anyone recommend a particular brand and model of torque wrench that is easy to use and won't score the lug nuts? Thank you.

I like Snap-On, click type. I bought a set of wheel sockets that are teflon lined, they won't scar your wheels. I'm not aware of a socket designed to protect your lug nuts. The Snap-On lug nut socket set that I use, has not damaged any of my lug nuts.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand and model of torque wrench that is easy to use and won't score the lug nuts? Thank you.

You can get a decent torque wrench at Sears thats much cheaper compared to SnapOn or MAC tools.

Those teflon coated sockets are also available at places like Eastwood Company or Harbor Freight.

Steve

Those sockets are slick looking. I'm going to look into those. As for the torque wrench, I use a click style Craftsman. Works great.

You can get a decent torque wrench at Sears thats much cheaper compared to SnapOn or MAC tools.

Those teflon coated sockets are also available at places like Eastwood Company or Harbor Freight.

Steve

I just bought my second torque 1/2" Drive 0-150 ft/lb range for $73.00 at Sears and have to say, still an excellent wrench. I used my 20 year old wrench as a comparison and still "clicks" at the right spot just like my new one. Bought it for nothing, but I figured after 20 years, this old wrench had to be alittle off. Wrong answer. Since I'm the kind of buyer who pays, walks out, never returns an item like my wife, I now own two of the same Craftsman.

Airborne

Sears Craftsman. I use Gorilla brand splined lug nuts that comes with it's own socket, so marring is never an issue for me.

Your next question might be what the torque spec is for the lug nuts. It's 100 LBS/TQ so make sure that the wrench you buy covers that range of torque; because not all torque wrenches have the same calibrations.

Those sockets are slick looking. I'm going to look into those. As for the torque wrench, I use a click style Craftsman. Works great.

For the sockets, try sjdiscounttools.com - 7pc. - $46.20 plus shipping. They are an excellant quality set, got mine there.

Archived