TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 40th came home today!!!!!

My baby made it home today and I will say it was worth the wait!!

Take a look at these pictures and let me know what you think. Does this look right to you?

post-12950-1207694406_thumb.jpg

post-12950-1207694526_thumb.jpg

As always, your comments, opinions, and ideas are strongly encouraged!!

1FST ASP

Take a look at these pictures and let me know what you think. Does this look right to you?

1FST ASP

My SSs CF looks just like that. I asked SAI and Son of GT (SS) and they all look like that.

Now the stripe just didnt get wrapped around the edge. You should go ahead and wrap it so that dirt doesnt get on the sticker, then they will never stay. Then stripe on the top of my car had a SMALL piece that was like yours, but mine was right in from of the rear window. I just took a small pencil and pushed it flat. Havent had a problem since.

Would love to see pics of the WHOLE car

michael morris

:happy feet:

My SSs CF looks just like that. I asked SAI and Son of GT (SS) and they all look like that.

Now the stripe just didnt get wrapped around the edge. You should go ahead and wrap it so that dirt doesnt get on the sticker, then they will never stay. Then stripe on the top of my car had a SMALL piece that was like yours, but mine was right in from of the rear window. I just took a small pencil and pushed it flat. Havent had a problem since.

Would love to see pics of the WHOLE car

michael morris

:happy feet: hey what number were you? I am #122. car has been there 3 weeks.

:happy feet:

:happy feet: hey what number were you? I am #122. car has been there 3 weeks.

08SS0014. I have had my car 2 weeks or so. You havent posted your CSM in the Super Snake forum. Please do, I keeping a spreadsheet with SS numbers, location, HP and body style. I have posted the list. Go take a look

michael morris

08SS0014. I have had my car 2 weeks or so. You havent posted your CSM in the Super Snake forum. Please do, I keeping a spreadsheet with SS numbers, location, HP and body style. I have posted the list. Go take a look

michael morris

:banghead: my mistake. My car is getting the 40 th only. kyle temple

1FST ASP

I just had my rear stripes replaced. I watched the stripe guy do the work. On any of the edges that had to be rolled down, he cleaned the edge of the body panel with Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to aid in adhesion. He then used a heat gun and gave the stripe a little warmth. Then he pressed it on.

You could pick up some Isopropyl alcohol at the drug store, and clean the back edge of the fender. Then use a blow dryer to very lightly warm the stripe. Then press it on. I am sure it would stick that way.

Just my opinion, the quality control is'nt being controled. If I or one of my employees delivered a poor quality product like that to one of my customers that just spent 11 grand with me, I would'nt here the end of it. It looks like an end result of "rush crises" management. I am now glad I have waited to have my mods performed, maybe S.A.I. will get a handle on quality in the next couple of months. I am expecting a much better fit and finish on my car. Mark Podeyn

Mark - just noticed your post. Congrats. What a ride, huh? That thing is sharp looking - great pics. We need to cruise some time, dude.

My rocker CF is cut the same way. Haven't thought about what to do. I guess some epoxy is the way to go.

My rocker is similiar though it doesn't appear as bad. For kicks I went out in the parking lot at work a few minutes ago to look at a new 2008 Mustang GT.

The rocker is molded with material across the top and is flat in the area we are talking about. If you are concerned about water or things getting into the rocker on the 40th, it appears you have the same problem on the stock unit as there is quite a gap where the rocker fits to the body in that area on the new 2008 I just looked at.

Seems either need some type of fill for either the gap on the stocker or the cut area on the carbon fibre. :shrug:

I'm waiting to hear back from Adrienne from Shelby today.

I'm sure they will make things right!!

Keep you posted.

1FST ASP

I just got contacted that my car is done and ready to ship. I want to make sure I do not have quality problems and I want the rocker panels to fit better. Any response from Shelby yet?

Yesterday, I had to put all my issues with my 40th and my take off parts in an email to Adrienne. She then forwarded it to management who has yet to reply back to her or to me.

I'm sure they are working on a solution and as soon as I know, I will update this forum topic.

BTW, my car is still awsome and I'm really glad I did the modifications!!

1FST ASP

1FST ASP

I checked mine and can see one small strip on the door starting loosen up and the fit on the passenger side could be better... I have also noticed a small scuff on one of my stripes on the front bumper that you can only notice in the right light.... I can only advise that when anyone picks up their car, you put aside your excitement and inspect it extensively, Ken

1FST ASP

I checked mine and can see one small strip on the door starting loosen up and the fit on the passenger side could be better... I have also noticed a small scuff on one of my stripes on the front bumper that you can only notice in the right light.... I can only advise that when anyone picks up their car, you put aside your excitement and inspect it extensively, Ken

post-13013-1208397430_thumb.jpg

post-13013-1208397430_thumb.jpg

Archived