TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SPRING HAS SPRUNG

SHELBYCS6

I know many of you live in warmer climates and drive your cars most of the year...but for us up north there is nothing sweeter than the first weekend of warm weather when you can roll out your car......give it the first cleaning and get back behind the wheel.

For those of you that still have too much snow...the warm weather is on it's way......I actually had the top down most of the weekend........

Bring on the heat !!!!!!

post-10626-1207568129_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568140_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568152_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568164_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568331_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568129_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568140_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568152_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568164_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1207568331_thumb.jpg

Your CS is beautiful and inspirational, I might just have to build one!

Thank you very much.....

It took a lot more time, money and effort than I had anticipated to complete this car but regardless of all that I'm very very pleased with the outcome and it's just a thrill to drive.

I'd highly recommend building one....

Hey all, Just wanted to stop in and say Whaaatzz up! Man, finally Spring IS HERE! :happy feet:

I had a chance to take my Mustang out and about. During the Winter I added a few mods. I installed a BBK throttle body, BBK Underdrive pulley, 20 inch Shelby Razors and the Baer GT Plus brake updrade. I even installed the CS grille on my Shelby! I think the CS grille is the best grille Shelby has! Some of my friends still can't believe I sold my CS8. They loved that car. I was going through my stuff and I noticed my passport will expire in 14 days! :banghead: I will have to submit for another real quick if I want to make the trip to Canada. I think having passports just to goto Hockeyland is bogus! :redcard: I got to drop about 150 bucks just to visit my Northern nieghbors. :angry22: Anyways, hope everyone has a good Spring and a kick a$$ Summer! Will stop by again soon. -FB

Will keep you posted on my progress to Ottawa. After all its only 850 miles away. ( Nice cool drive) :superhero:

post-12648-1207628379_thumb.jpg

post-12648-1207628405_thumb.jpg

post-12648-1207631264_thumb.jpg

I added a bigger picture. The other one was to small.

post-12648-1207630098_thumb.jpg

post-12648-1207628379_thumb.jpg

post-12648-1207628405_thumb.jpg

post-12648-1207630098_thumb.jpg

post-12648-1207631264_thumb.jpg

Hey...the car looks great......it's no CS8...but it's nice all the same..hahahahahahahahahha

Me thinks you have the Frankenstein complex....trying to rebuild your monster...lol.....

Seriously......I couldn't agree more....that CS grill is one of the nicest additions you could make...it's just so unique...

I get so many compliments on my car and a good portion of them are on the grill & lights.

I very happy to hear your going to the Ottawa show as it will be a rare opportunity to see more that one of these vehicles at a time.

The great thing is they are all unique, coupes & verts and all different colors and what are the chances of that with only a handful of vehicles.

We will be there Friday, Saturday and leaving on Sunday I might even head down Thursday if the weather is good.

Hope to see you there...

Randy

Firstly, your car looks great!

Secondly, it turned out to be a great day here in CT, hitting 78 degrees. My wife, daughter and I took the SGT out to dinner, and afterwards took a nice drive w/ Classic Vinyl (Sirius) playing. It was GREAT. Also, it was amusing, yet flattering, to see all the heads turning and people pointing at the SGT once again as I drove around, including when I filled the tank and a guy said "nice Shelby!".

It just doesn't get any better than this! :happy feet:

Spring has not completely sprung here... at least not yet. After a few nice days this week, we got hit with another 10cm of snow today and some more is expected tomorrow morning. That's over 560cm overall for the winter. :banghead: Shelby won't be back on the road for another 2-3 weeks. Too much sand and salt still on the road.

That being said, your car is awesome Randy! I love the CS hood and grille and your color combo is very nice. If all goes according to plan, I should be able to make it to Ottawa on May 10. I hope to see you there.

I know many of you live in warmer climates and drive your cars most of the year...but for us up north there is nothing sweeter than the first weekend of warm weather when you can roll out your car......give it the first cleaning and get back behind the wheel.

For those of you that still have too much snow...the warm weather is on it's way......I actually had the top down most of the weekend........

Bring on the heat !!!!!!

It is a beautiful car!!!

We had our first nice day in MI yesterday 65, today they are expecting snow I am ready to :angry22: of winter.

Thank you all for the compliments....

It's really fulfilling to have a concept in mind and then have it transformed into reality.

Those of you that considered the "class" aspect of the car, that is exactly the look I was shooting for...

It's what I call "elegant performance".......

Appealing to the eye......agressive on the road...

The car goes to DaSilva racing in Pickering Ontario on Tuesday to have the FRPP struts, shocks & front & rear sway bars installed as well as a rear end girdle & drive shaft loop.

I'm going to leave the Eibach springs as the ride height is good but the rest has to go..

It will also be re-calibrated on the dyno to adjust for the new S/C pulley....we hope for final numbers around 425hp.

I'm going to video the run and... if we don't blow it up.... it will probably be the last time it will be run on a dyno as that's twice the factory V6 HP so I'm not going to push my luck.

Keep your fingers crossed......

Randy

It will also be re-calibrated on the dyno to adjust for the new S/C pulley....we hope for final numbers around 425hp.

I'm going to video the run and... if we don't blow it up.... it will probably be the last time it will be run on a dyno as that's twice the factory V6 HP so I'm not going to push my luck.

Keep your fingers crossed......

Randy

Ford says the engine is good to ~450hp, so if you don't regularly push it, you should be fine. I don't know if you have an auto or a stick but that would be more my concern. The auto is a smaller spined version of the one in the GT and oddly is stronger than the stick. The stick (T-5) is only rated to 300 ft/lbs torque. Power launches are likely to break it. This is one of the reasons I went only to 2.87inch pulley* (~380hp) and never power launch.

*The Paxton came with 3.25inch

Archived