TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Timesheets

Is it safe to assume the car on the left won? :banvictory:

Are you a gambler? :superhero:

It was close everytime, but the combo of his 4:10 gears and me having the udp's helped me pull on him enough to catch him half way and then his final shift to fourth with me still in third pretty much sealed the deal.

The stock SGT is setup perfect from the factory for the 1000ft run.

Are you a gambler? :superhero:

It was close everytime, but the combo of his 4:10 gears and me having the udp's helped me pull on him enough to catch him half way and then his final shift to fourth with me still in third pretty much sealed the deal.

The stock SGT is setup perfect from the factory for the 1000ft run.

My daughter rode with me on that run and recorded the run on her phone. I had the black car to about the 8th mile mark. Then he shot by me like a bullet. There is some inapropriate language we Brian blew by me. We ran 3 or 4 times after and all with the same outcome. Ford spent millions of dollers to get the car right, so I think mine will go back to 3 55s. I got the under drives on, so I'm going to run again Saturday night and see what happens.

My daughter rode with me on that run and recorded the run on her phone. I had the black car to about the 8th mile mark. Then he shot by me like a bullet. There is some inapropriate language we Brian blew by me. We ran 3 or 4 times after and all with the same outcome. Ford spent millions of dollers to get the car right, so I think mine will go back to 3 55s. I got the under drives on, so I'm going to run again Saturday night and see what happens.

I am really amazed that a stock SGT without the 4:10's beat a SGT with the 4:10's, even in the 1000! I really think the SGT with the 4:10's would win against a stock SGT with 3:55's in a 1/4 mile run.

Went to Centerville last night, I ran 11.43 with the street tires. I bolted on the nitto's, and ran 11.87. The time sheets are in the truck and I havent got up yet so I dont remember the mph. I made about 6 passes, I out ran an 04 cobra with a kenne bell. He was spinning like crazy. He woulnt even look over at me. I ran him twice. He was running 11.10s but he couldnt get of the line. then disaster hit, The fan came unplugged. The car overheated doing a burn out. Stupid me was not looking at the gauges untill after a run. It blew all the water out, so we were done. Im going to go unload the car and get some coolant in it and see if it is hurt. later

Went to Centerville last night, I ran 11.43 with the street tires. I bolted on the nitto's, and ran 11.87. The time sheets are in the truck and I havent got up yet so I dont remember the mph. I made about 6 passes, I out ran an 04 cobra with a kenne bell. He was spinning like crazy. He woulnt even look over at me. I ran him twice. He was running 11.10s but he couldnt get of the line. then disaster hit, The fan came unplugged. The car overheated doing a burn out. Stupid me was not looking at the gauges untill after a run. It blew all the water out, so we were done. Im going to go unload the car and get some coolant in it and see if it is hurt. later

Sorry about the overheating Ricky. Hope everything's OK after you check it out. Let us know

Jim

I am really amazed that a stock SGT without the 4:10's beat a SGT with the 4:10's, even in the 1000! I really think the SGT with the 4:10's would win against a stock SGT with 3:55's in a 1/4 mile run.

I agree that it does sound a tad odd, but the other factor at play is tranny gearing, and 4:10s may be counter productive here. Hard to say without more heads-up, this-equals-that testing. Then, there is driver skill to balance out, by trading cars in then testing.

I had hoped to be adding a few stats here myself today, but our local Ford-Chevy event at Union Grove got cancelled due to weather. Maybe soon, I'll get another chance to run my stock driveline SGT down the 1320. Keep y'all posted.

I checked out the car this morning. It lost about a gallon of coolant. I topped of the coolant, bleed the system and ran the car it seemed ok. I didnt unload it, and my daughters buddy stopped by and told me he was heading to Prescott to test his 87 GT, so I said I would go with him. The SGT ran fine. I ran 11.6s and no problems. My wife ran the car a couple of times, she ran 12.20s. She outran a Camaro, so she is real happy. :happy feet:

Hay Brian, whens Turkey dinner? :hysterical:

I checked out the car this morning. It lost about a gallon of coolant. I topped of the coolant, bleed the system and ran the car it seemed ok. I didnt unload it, and my daughters buddy stopped by and told me he was heading to Prescott to test his 87 GT, so I said I would go with him. The SGT ran fine. I ran 11.6s and no problems. My wife ran the car a couple of times, she ran 12.20s. She outran a Camaro, so she is real happy. :happy feet:

Hay Brian, whens Turkey dinner? :hysterical:

Man that is some strange stuff you got going on there. I can't imagine how you would get faster times on the stock tires unless you were already overheated by then. These things do need a quick cool down after a run or two it seems. No turkey yet, maybe this weekend the wind won't be blowing 100mph. After that I'll be ready to get back on the track. Can't bring myself to wash off my drag numbers yet :)

Man that is some strange stuff you got going on there. I can't imagine how you would get faster times on the stock tires unless you were already overheated by then. These things do need a quick cool down after a run or two it seems. No turkey yet, maybe this weekend the wind won't be blowing 100mph. After that I'll be ready to get back on the track. Can't bring myself to wash off my drag numbers yet :)

We liked to got blown away at the show and shine at Cogswell saturday. Good luck this weekend, we are going to stay home and catchup, We have been doing something every weekend.

My 60 ft times are faster on the drag radials but my et is slower also. I think it is becouse the dragradials are about 3 inches shorter then the street tires. This will make the effective gear ratio lower causing the lower ets. But thr car jumps out of the hole. That is how I outran the SC Cobra. I beat him of the line. But He was comeing fast and the finishline. He just didnt make it in time.

Here's my time slip from last night. Was only able to make 2 runs since a guy on a sport bike blew his case and dumped oil halfway down the track. I need some more seat time to get my 60' times down, it's been a looooong time since I've been to the track.

Looks like I'm about 1.2 seconds ahead of you at the 1000' mark but it is not a stock SGT so figure about $500 per 1/10th...

Hope to be in the 11's with the next few mods but it's getting pretty warm here and you can lose 1/2 second easily just from the temperature difference.

Long way to go to catch Louie... one mod at a time.

post-8098-1208469545_thumb.jpg

Here's my time slip from last night. Was only able to make 2 runs since a guy on a sport bike blew his case and dumped oil halfway down the track. I need some more seat time to get my 60' times down, it's been a looooong time since I've been to the track.

Looks like I'm about 1.2 seconds ahead of you at the 1000' mark but it is not a stock SGT so figure about $500 per 1/10th...

Hope to be in the 11's with the next few mods but it's getting pretty warm here and you can lose 1/2 second easily just from the temperature difference.

Long way to go to catch Louie... one mod at a time.

Going for 10.90s this year, made some upgrades ,pulley 12.5psi, tokicos, spec clutch 2+, 295x45x17 mt dr, 235x45x17.

100oct 503 rwhp, 448rwtq, che k member with torque limiters and mgw May track rental Atco NJ.

Going for 10.90s this year, made some upgrades ,pulley 12.5psi, tokicos, spec clutch 2+, 295x45x17 mt dr, 235x45x17.

100oct 503 rwhp, 448rwtq, che k member with torque limiters and mgw May track rental Atco NJ.

Just 1 question. . . . . . did you do any upgrades to the 4.6L bottom end? Different crank/pistons? I'm just curious.

T-Dogg

Just 1 question. . . . . . did you do any upgrades to the 4.6L bottom end? Different crank/pistons? I'm just curious.

T-Dogg

No! Made 12 passes and keeping fingers crossed!!

Realspeed tune the car and has a great rep for tuning.

If its lets blows!! oh well time to build a stroker!

My every day tune is less timing and 460rwhp.

When ever I race the car always use 100 oct. plus I have Alcohol Injection System Stage 2.

No! Made 12 passes and keeping fingers crossed!!

Realspeed tune the car and has a great rep for tuning.

If its lets blows!! oh well time to build a stroker!

My every day tune is less timing and 460rwhp.

When ever I race the car always use 100 oct. plus I have Alcohol Injection System Stage 2.

Hey Louie,

Let me know how the Spec 2+ works out for you, new clutch is probably in the near future for me. I've already burned out the stock limited slip differential clutch packs (too many burnouts). The dealer offered to replace them under warranty but I went for an Eaton instead.

I can smell the stock clutch at the track so I'm sure it's days are numbered, I've heard some good and some bad about the Specs. Hey it's only $'s and I knew it was coming when I started, gotta pay if your gonna play. I keep telling myself I'll stop when I get to 11.50s but you know how that goes.

I grew up near Raceway Park in Englishtown and used to run there in my younger days but that was 30+ years ago. Still need to get the hang of the fly-by-wire throttle and the hydraulic clutch on my launches.

Good luck at Atco...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived