TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Timesheets

No doubt I was shakin with adrenaline. That was a blast! Car felt good all day and drove perfect except wheel spin was a bit of a problem. I think the difference was the pulleys. Once you get those in with those Nittos I'm gonna have to get another mod.

Made about 8 or 9 runs today. This was my second run and best time at 1000 ft. I'm car #22. Car #21 is a SGT too.

Might want to make this a sticky one.

ts1.jpg

Just shows you how much the driver can make a difference...driving skills the cheapest mod of all!

:happy feet:

Please explain...I have my swap to 4.10's scheduled in 2 weeks.

I ran the car 3 weeks ago bone stock with the stock tires. I was running 11.8s @94 mph with alot of wheel spin. The nittos fixed the wheel spin, but with the 4 10s I had to shift into 4th just before the 1000 ft or hit the rev limiter. With the 3 55s I didnt need 4th gear, and I was running 94 mph @ the traps. I tried a 2nd gear launch, and was able to ge about 94mph through the traps, but only at 11.97, I think it was. So Im thinking the extra split second shift to 4th, along with the 3rd gear speed not as fast really killed the car.

I talk to a freind of mine that runs an 87 GT. He changed the gears to 3 73 and lost speed and time. So Im going with Brian and put the underdrive pulleys on, lose the 4 10s and keep the drag radials. Hopefully I can get in the low 11s. The drag radials and line lock I really liked.

They don't go to a full 1/4 mile due to insurance purposes mainly. We didn't do any altitude correction.

Kelsey - Prescott and Centerville are the 2 that are closest to LR. Centerville will be closer to you. It's just south of Russelleville. I'll try to give you a shout next time we go. Both tracks are 1000ft tracks, but if you look at the readout on the timeslip you'll see they measure other times up to 1000ft.

I wish we had a track nearby :cry:

[/quote You might have an eigth mile track nearby and not even know it.Try a search.There is one 13 miles from my house and Beech Bend in Bowling Green Kentucky is about 60 mile away.That's where they hold a lot of NMCA events and a Fun Ford weekend every now and then.There are more tracks close to me that I didn't even know about,Searched and found them on the web.

There are none in CT - the lawyers and government ran the last one out of the State. The one's in NY and MA are too far away for me for a Fri or Sat night. So, the only thing I can really do around here is autocross and maybe someday a little track time (which isn't so bad). Still, it would be fun to take a ride down the 1/4 w/ the SGT. I used to live an MD and went to Capital Dragway a few times w/ other cars.

Where do you guys go to? I'm in Fort Smith AR and don't really know my way around to well.

There is a mustang show @ Cogswell motors in Russelville Saturday, I'm thinking about taking the SGT and going to Centerville after. That is if I have time to put the 3 55s back in. But Ill be at the show either way. Hope to see you there. The Mustang club from up in Fort Smith is comeing down, they are supposed to have about 10 cars. If you want to go let me know and I will get you hooked up with them. We need some SGTs to show off.

First off ..just looking at the 60 ft times tells you that a good drag radial is needed and aired down to about 18lbs...i will post time slips soon going to the track again this week . 301rwhp 07 shelby gt ..with 3.55 ..12.93 @105.3 1.86 60ft ..same car W/4.10s and udp both at sea leveland same track and 50 degree days ...60ft 1.71 12.51 @108mph 410s are the answer for these cars in N/A form........P.s as for the guy who said since the 4.10s he has to shift 4th ....that is good ...in reality you should be going through the traps in 4th at around 6100rpm if your car is set up properly for the quarter!!!! so in actuality these cars should have 4.30s with a 26" tall tire ....for true gear ...

First off ..just looking at the 60 ft times tells you that a good drag radial is needed and aired down to about 18lbs...i will post time slips soon going to the track again this week . 301rwhp 07 shelby gt ..with 3.55 ..12.93 @105.3 1.86 60ft ..same car W/4.10s and udp both at sea leveland same track and 50 degree days ...60ft 1.71 12.51 @108mph 410s are the answer for these cars in N/A form........P.s as for the guy who said since the 4.10s he has to shift 4th ....that is good ...in reality you should be going through the traps in 4th at around 6100rpm if your car is set up properly for the quarter!!!! so in actuality these cars should have 4.30s with a 26" tall tire ....for true gear ...

But we have 1000 track and the 4th gear shift is just before the finish line with the 4 10s. Since the 3rd gear top speed is lower, there isnt enough time for 4th gear to up the time or speed. Should I shift at a lower rpm? I'm shifting at 5500. any input sure would help.

What have you done to get 301 RWHP? Also +1 on your 4:10's theory. If I do not SC my car, which it is looking more like I will not, I will also go with the 4:10's and some N/A stuff for more HP. I have always loved these Shelby's but I really wish they would have come stock with about 380 crank HP.

Swede

Here we are, I hoped this works.

Im trying to put some picks of the SGTs on here. I may have to have you do it Brian, if I cant hit it with a hammer, I cant figure it out. :hysterical:

Im trying to put some picks of the SGTs on here. I may have to have you do it Brian, if I cant hit it with a hammer, I cant figure it out. :hysterical:

You have to browse for the pic then click upload. After that you have to select it in the drop down box. You can email em to me if ya want me to post them. TheKurgan@att.net

Here we go. It wouldn't let you upload because they were too big(500K max). I used some software I have for sizing them down a tad. Brian's camera was high quality which makes for a bigger file size. bling bling!

prescott2.jpg

prescott1.jpg

(The process is not very intuitive)

prescott2.jpg

prescott1.jpg

Archived