TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Bucked Clarification....Please!!

yenrod

Yes, I used the search feature, but did not find a real concise answer as to what "bucked" actually means. Is it just that the car has been put into production? Any help appreciated.

There is a "definition" on another thread - Called the 800# and Im Bucked! -

I'll try to paste the def., hold on to your hats boys and girls!!!

If you're asking about the meaning of "bucked"...this is how it was explained to me...

"A "buck" is an obsolete British term for the body of a wagon.

Hence, the term "buckboard wagon".

The term carried over to automobiles in the early days, and the tooling that forms the frame also are referred to as "the bucks". Not too long ago, floorpan, sides and roof panels (or roof bows) would go into a bucking fixture and get welded together, and that body would get assigned its VIN. (Now, with modern manufacturing methods getting away from fixed tooling, the point where the sides, floor and roof come together would be the bucking point.)

So, in short, when your car is "bucked" it means that the major frame/body parts are together and there's a shell with your VIN on it."

provided by: flashfearless

Hope this helps

DLW

I'll try to paste the def., hold on to your hats boys and girls!!!

If you're asking about the meaning of "bucked"...this is how it was explained to me...

"A "buck" is an obsolete British term for the body of a wagon.

Hence, the term "buckboard wagon".

The term carried over to automobiles in the early days, and the tooling that forms the frame also are referred to as "the bucks". Not too long ago, floorpan, sides and roof panels (or roof bows) would go into a bucking fixture and get welded together, and that body would get assigned its VIN. (Now, with modern manufacturing methods getting away from fixed tooling, the point where the sides, floor and roof come together would be the bucking point.)

So, in short, when your car is "bucked" it means that the major frame/body parts are together and there's a shell with your VIN on it."

Hope this helps

DLW

Sarcasim aside, thanks. Next time try slamming two carbons with a hydroxy goup, tilt back and enjoy!

Hope this helps

DLW

I can't take credit for that as much as I would like. It actually came from OAC_SPARKY from Blue Oval Forums..Basically, if the car is bucked, give it about 12 hours of production time and it will be born. Congratulations on your ADM hog. :baby:

Archived