TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 or 08 Shelby GT?

slamarre

All,

Just went back from Shelby Automobile in Vegas and this was the event that make me decide to go ahead and buy a Shelby GT. I will need to sell my existing Nissan Altima 3.5 SE but who cares...

BTW, i saw the last Shelby GT in the factory. Adrienne told me that it was the last for 08. This is also why i am kind of worry because there will be no more shipment and i think i need to act fast...

So, what are the difference between the 07 and 08 Shelby GT? What is the price point for the 07 today? How much it is less than the MSRP? Should i go with a 08 (more expensive) or a 07 with a good rebate? At what price it is a good deal to buy a 07 considering that it is 1 year old and the depreciation.

ShelbyDude, If it is not too hard, could you give me all the 07 and 08 Shelbys (Coupe and Vert) in a 250 miles radius from 32092. You can send me a private message.

Thanks a lot.

All,

Just went back from Shelby Automobile in Vegas and this was the event that make me decide to go ahead and buy a Shelby GT. I will need to sell my existing Nissan Altima 3.5 SE but who cares...

BTW, i saw the last Shelby GT in the factory. Adrienne told me that it was the last for 08. This is also why i am kind of worry because there will be no more shipment and i think i need to act fast...

So, what are the difference between the 07 and 08 Shelby GT? What is the price point for the 07 today? How much it is less than the MSRP? Should i go with a 08 (more expensive) or a 07 with a good rebate? At what price it is a good deal to buy a 07 considering that it is 1 year old and the depreciation.

Could i get a 07 Shelby Vert for the same price as a Coupe 08?

ShelbyDude, If it is not too hard, could you give me all the 07 and 08 Shelbys (Coupe and Vert) in a 250 miles radius from 32092. You can send me a private message.

Thanks a lot.

1. Move fast.

2. There were no SGT Verts in 2007, only in 2008.

3. Besides coming in a coupe or a convertible, the primary differences between the two model years would be that the 2008's offered H.I.D. headlamps, ambient lighting, and came in three colors. Nationally, blue with silver stripes, in California they offered 300 cars in Grabber Orange/silver stripes, and in Arizona they sold 100 special Barrett-Jackson SGT's that came black with corral (redish) colored stripes. The 2007's were only available as a coupe, came in either black or white with silver stripes, and do not have the 2008 options mentioned above.

4. In addition to the above differences, 2008 SGT's also have specific billet aluminum hood pins that the 2007's cars don't have.

Hope this helps.

Congrats on the SGT! I would think an 07 would be the way to go unless you want the Vert. Whites are the fastest after all! :hysterical:

I agree! I would think you could get the absolute best deal on an '07. Performance wise, there is no difference. The '08's have a few cosmetic improvements, but they aren't free.

I do have 2 08 converts and 2 07 coupes.

I have both colors in 07 with almost the same options. If you would like I can send you a PM with the price including rebate. On the 07s I will give up Holdback and an extra 1K and you still get the rebates.

Let me know

michael morris

I do have 2 08 converts and 2 07 coupes.

I have both colors in 07 with almost the same options. If you would like I can send you a PM with the price including rebate. On the 07s I will give up Holdback and an extra 1K and you still get the rebates.

Let me know

michael morris

You have a white 07 with automatic?

You have a white 07 with automatic?

What ever I paid for it. Think I'll get my return or I have to suck it up? *L*

All,

Thanks a lot.

When were you there? I was there a week ago Friday (28-Mar). It was one of the biggest tours ever. The very last GT was on the lift. Everything now is SuperSnake and converting to KR line.

'07 vs '08: The differences are minor unless you're looking for a an instant gratification Supercharger upgrade. There were something like 5500-6000 '07's and only 2300 '08's, but the 08 had the convertible. The Shelby 'verts are super cars.

The '08 is supposed to be the end of the GT series. Shelby does seem to be busy with the SS/'40th upgrades and the onslaught of the KRs, but somehow I feel there will be a GT follow on coming for the '09 year.

Don't wait - '07's are on fire sale now (2 model years old) and '08's are coming down especially with rebates.

You won't be disappointed - they are great fun-mobiles.

If you want to try one on for size find a Hertz place and get a GT-H for a weekend. Dealer demo drives don't count.

One more thing. Don't be afraid to get one from MM or any of the guys that have them here. The weather is turning nice. Get a plane ticket, get your car (drive it for a couple of days there) and then take a road trip home. Get a good camera and take pictures. Trip reports are mandatory here. :)

The 2007 Shelby GT's are a great car at current prices of around $32 to $33K. :D

The 2008 version, of the same car, will cost you, at least, $37.5K.

If I were in the market, I'd grab a 2007, at the price he quoted, from Michael Morris, in GA, as you are in North FL, I believe.

One more thing. Don't be afraid to get one from MM or any of the guys that have them here. The weather is turning nice. Get a plane ticket, get your car (drive it for a couple of days there) and then take a road trip home. Get a good camera and take pictures. Trip reports are mandatory here. :)

+1 that's what I did and had a blast! It doesn't hurt that I buy my cars from my old hometown, and get to tool around with my high school buddies. You can really get yourself in some trouble when that happens! :hysterical:

+1 that's what I did and had a blast! It doesn't hurt that I buy my cars from my old hometown, and get to tool around with my high school buddies. You can really get yourself in some trouble when that happens! :hysterical:

Somehow it's not fair to buy it in your home town, drive it 1000 miles around the loop and take it home. :)

Here's to Mike with the '70 Mach 1 (in our senior year in '71) that got me hooked. ("I drove the ***s out of it, or as is oft quoted here "I drove it like I stole it"!)

with the deals out there on 07's, you could paint it Blue and still be ahead!

Yes, do that! That would make mine just a tad more valuable! :happy feet:

I just purchase a black 07 SGT. I had a choice between a blue 08 and the black 07. The choice was easy for me ... black is beautiful! Plus its the first year they produced the SGT, and all are limited production cars. Which ever one you choose, you will love it. Its a Shelby for GOD'S sake!

Archived