TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Before and after

You got the right pipes my friend. Sounds terrific! Did you get a chance to drive under a overpass yet?

I hope I post this right. One is with the borla that comes on the car and the other is the new FRPP mufflers. I just looked.

LISTEN TO THE SECOND VIDEO FIRST!!!!!

th_MOV002.jpg

th_MOV001.jpg

michael morris

Fantastic sound Mike where can I get mine done before I ship it to England

Wow, I dont know? Any Ford dealer would be able to do it. Where are you shipping your car to before it comes to England. East or West coast?

michael morris

Long beach . I bought the car at Friendly Ford in Las Vegas about 15 mins from Shelby, I will speak to Randy Block who I bought the car from

Thanks Rob

Thanks Mike

Okay, here it goes...

The mufflers that Michael and I have on our cars is:

FRPP part number: SGT. This muffler will create interior drone from 1,800 to 2,100 R.P.M. in a stock GT500, but the drone is eleminated in Super Snake cars because of the 3.73 gears. The Borla part number for this muffler is 11750.

If you do not want to experience the interior drone in your stock GT500, then the mufflers you would want to install would be:

FRPP 5GT or Borla part number 140210. In outward appearance, these mufflers look the identical to the SGT/11750 mufflers, but on the inside, they are baffled to eleminate the drone issue. The problem with these mufflers is that while they eleminate the drone, they end up being just about as quiet as the stock GT500 mufflers are.

You can either order the mufflers and have them shipped over and installed there in England, or you can work something out with your dealer to have them install the mufflers before they truck the car over to the Port of Los Angeles.

And speaking of shipping, while it's on my mind, even though Bud is good about shipping the cars with the hood pins stowed, please be sure to admonish your dealer to keep the pins and lanyards tucked away under the hood too. And I also recommend that someone along the way take SEVERAL DETAILED date and time stamped photographs of the car, the indivdual components, and the undercarrage in order to protect yourself from any shipping damage or theft in transit claim issues that may arise. I would also consider having SAI ship your floormats seperately as opposed to leaving them loose in the car's boot.

There's another issue that you may want to consider addressing. There is/was an owner here who had his car shipped overseas about a year ago or so, and it would not start when he went to pick it up at the docks. He found out later that the reason it would not start was because the spark plugs were all fouled out. That's an indication of the engine getting flooded, and that probably occured because someone along the way kept mashing the throttle pedal down while starting the car, and that's a no no. The car's computer will handle the cold start proceedure, so all one has to do is just turn the key without applying any throttle. But some people don't know that, think that it's an old carburated car, and they mash the throttle pedal down when starting the car. My suggestion to overcome this potential issue would be to have your dealer print out a sign saying something like "DO NOT APPLY ANY THROTTLE WHILE STARTING CAR, ONLY TURN KEY" and tape it somewhere predomently inside the car.

Sorry, didn't mean to take a left turn on this forum, but I thought that I would mention this stuff in an effort to help your shipment go smoothly as possible.

Okay, here it goes...

FRPP 5GT or Borla part number 140210. In outward appearance, these mufflers look the identical to the SGT/11750 mufflers, but on the inside, they are baffled to eleminate the drone issue. The problem with these mufflers is that while they eleminate the drone, they end up being just about as quiet as the stock GT500 mufflers are.

Son,

You have it backwards. The 5GT's came out first and were for the Mustang GT and they are drone monsters at 1900 RPMs. The Sgt's have more baffles and are slightly different in sound. Don, 1badsho has had both and there is a thread floating around where he gives much detail on both. 5GT's are louder than SGT's and slightly deeper. I don't do clips, but perhaps someone with a 5gt will post. Either are what this car should come with on the 725 SS.

I hope I post this right. One is with the borla that comes on the car and the other is the new FRPP mufflers. I just looked.

LISTEN TO THE SECOND VIDEO FIRST!!!!!

th_MOV002.jpg

th_MOV001.jpg

michael morris

M.M. ARE THE MUFFLERS FROM FRPP THAT YOU INSTALLED THE SAME ONES USED ON THE GT500KR???, TRYING TO ACHIEVE THE LOUDEST SET POSSIBLE, YOURS SOUND REAL NICE, CONGRATS ON THAT BEAUTIFUL CAR. WHAT DID AMY B MEAN BY ( OPEN TO BUY )

Son,

I am confused

In that vid it sounds like the 5GT is the louder of the two. I am really confused now on what one is the 5GT and what is the SGT

My Opinion..............

I hear what you're saying......my best guess is that MM's second video (on bottom) are the S Gt's and his first video (on top) are the Five GT's.

I listened to your youtube link and FarmDog's sound exactly like MM's first video. I hope I'm right - those are my choice (Five GT). They sound great guys.

I also like the Bassani's. They actually sound better than both of these but I'll stick to my words.

Mike so do you have the (Five GT) or the (ssss GT) system?

I posted the videos backwards by accident. I posted that the videos should be viewed the second video first.

I have the SGT, NOT the FIVEGT. From what I understand they are the same muffler, but one is for the GT and the other GT500.

michael morris

I posted the videos backwards by accident. I posted that the videos should be viewed the second video first.

I have the SGT, NOT the FIVEGT. From what I understand they are the same muffler, but one is for the GT and the other GT500.

michael morris

MM, I need to get this straight - you have the SGT's - which video is the video that supports the SGT muffler sound.

Is it the video of your car leaving the showroom floor ....or.... is it the video of the car standing still and revving up the engine.

Thanks

Bob

MM, I need to get this straight - you have the SGT's - which video is the video that supports the SGT muffler sound.

Is it the video of your car leaving the showroom floor ....or.... is it the video of the car standing still and revving up the engine.

Thanks

Bob

The car outside with me revving the engine.

michael morris

The car outside with me revving the engine.

michael morris

MM-

Thanks for the post. How much more growl do the FRPP mufflers give the car, 20%, 30%, or ??? Do you have any drone when at cruising speed? Probably depends on your cruising speed which is anyware from 65 to 165 mph...

Also, I thought Borla made the FRPP exhaust. It seems unusual that they would create two different mufflers that look identical.

Any new findings with your SS? Once again inquiring minds are curious.

Thanks again!

JW

MM-

Thanks for the post. How much more growl do the FRPP mufflers give the car, 20%, 30%, or ??? Do you have any drone when at cruising speed? Probably depends on your cruising speed which is anyware from 65 to 165 mph...

Also, I thought Borla made the FRPP exhaust. It seems unusual that they would create two different mufflers that look identical.

Any new findings with your SS? Once again inquiring minds are curious.

Thanks again!

JW

I dont know how to answer the first question. The car just SOUND BAD now! Like a 725HP beast should sound! Alot of folks are going to be fine with the borlas, it just wasnt what I was looking for. At 70 there seems to be a small amount of drone, but nothing I cant live with. I think I have been told that Borla does make the FRPP mufflers and just stamps Ford instead of borla, but someone smarter than me can answer that one.

The weather is been bad here and I have had the car out since Friday, but Friday the car was FAST!!!

michael morris

Archived