TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My framed engine plate and production certification

I've been getting a lot of PM questions on the pic in my sig, so I thought I'd post the answer and save us all a few keystrokes.

First off - I got the idea from ORF on our TeamShelby tour of the Romeo engine plant last August. During the tour, I had a chance to meet one of my engine builders, Vito Duoba. My other builder, Jim Donovan, had retired the month before. That's bad because Ford gives you your engine stamp when you retire - and I wanted another plate. Luckily, Vito still had a couple extra plates with his and Jim Donovan's signature on it. I told Vito I planned to frame the plate with a pic of my actual engine plate and certification, but I also wanted to have his and Jim's actual signature on the pic. Vito said "no problem - Jim lives down my street". So once I got home - I mailed a pic of my plate to Vito and he got with Jim and returned the signed pic.

These guys really got a kick out of our interest and enthusiasm in their work. The plant management shut the line down while we were there and let the builder's come out and look at our cars. Here are some pics of that day - parked in front of the Dearborn Inn, the caravan to the plant, Vito with my car.

th_P8090542.jpgth_P8090540.jpgth_P8090573.jpgth_P8090570.jpgth_P8090563.jpgth_P8090561.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If Ford SVT can sell the paper certificates for $45, imagine how much they could charge for a certificate, signed picture, and duplicate engine plaque all framed. Any guesses? Maybe I should be glad they don't offer these for sale :)

I just ordered mine today.....Will be here next week...

JW

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered mine today.....Will be here next week...

JW

So, does SVT sell the engine plates as well, or just the certificates?

Keith

Archived