TEAM SHELBY FORUM

REQUEST A CALBRATION TOOL

dupuyf

FILLING OUT MY FORM FOR TUNER FOR COLD AIR INTAKE

ON 2008 MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 STOCK , HAS ANYBODY

FILLED IT OUT, SEE IF I'M RIGHT ON THESE BELOW

1-AXLE 3.31.1 GEARS

2- TIRES P285/40ZR18 REAR (CIRCUMFERENCE WILL CHECK )

THANK

FD

SNOOPY

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP , YOU SURE DID GO OUT YOUR WAY

THANKS AGAIN

FD

I THINK I MITE BE IN THE WRONG FORUM,WHEN I JOIN IT LOOK LIKE

EVERYBODY WAS TOGEATHER TO HELP EACH OTHER, BUT LOOKS LIKE

I WAS WRONG, WELL SNOOPY DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS ,I WILL NOT

BE BACK

FD

You're welcome, I think? :huh:

I still have no idea what your 1st post is about, and I don't think anyone else does either, perhaps you could clarify and someone more intelligent than myself might have an answer.

If you don't like the way I post, report me. We could use some excitement around here. :hysterical:

You're welcome, I think? :huh:

I still have no idea what your 1st post is about, and I don't think anyone else does either, perhaps you could clarify and someone more intelligent than myself might have an answer.

If you don't like the way I post, report me. We could use some excitement around here. :hysterical:

WELL SNOOPY, IM NOT REPORTING ANYBODY,YOU ARE RIGHT,I'M NEW,JUST TRYING TO FIT IN.

ABOUT MY POST

I HAVE PURCHASE THE FORD POWER PACK,THAT IS A COLD AIR INTAKE,WITH IT THERE IS A FORM

TO FILL OUT ON LINE, THAT ASK QUESTIONS,LIKE THE AXLE GEARS, THE CIRC OF THE BACK TIRE

JUST DID NOT WAN'T TO FILL IT OUT WRONG, AFTER FILL IT OUT THEN THEY WILL SEND YOU THE TUNER

FD

If your car is stock you can just use the word stock and they will know what it means. You can also call the guy that the form goes to. Ray Herron (800) 367-3788

THANKS FOR THE HELP

I WILL CALL HIM MONDAY

FD

Do you fill this out as you order or after the fact?

I've never heard of this.

SNOOPY

AFTER ORDER AND GET THE POWER PACK THE PAPER WORK

WITH THE VOUCHER NUMBER IS IN THE BOX,THEN YOU HAVE TO GO

ONLINE TO FORD RACING PERFORMANCE REGISTRATION AND

REGISTER FOR A REQUEST CALIBRATION TOOL ,THEN THEY WILL

SHIP TO YOU .TO HAVE A FORD DEALER TO INSTALL

FD

Do you realize that writing in all caps looks like you are yelling or on the defensive?

NO I DON'T! :jackinbox:

Ignore this post. I don't have anything worth a damn to say.

FILLING OUT MY FORM FOR TUNER FOR COLD AIR INTAKE

ON 2008 MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 STOCK , HAS ANYBODY

FILLED IT OUT, SEE IF I'M RIGHT ON THESE BELOW

1-AXLE 3.31.1 GEARS

2- TIRES P285/40ZR18 REAR (CIRCUMFERENCE WILL CHECK )

THANK

FD

I understand you are new to the forum and I strongly suggest you attempt to edit your narrative prior to hitting that "add reply" button. This is not meant to be cruel, but it is hard to follow your grammar, writing style, bottomline, your vocabular. We are all proud GT500 owners who are here to help each other and that is what I'm about to do. It appears you've purchased an FR-1 pack or something to that effect which may have been through a dealer or speed shop like JEGs. Regardless of it's source, I'm sure you don't want to install something that could destroy your car, void the warranty or set you back a few more $$$. So here it goes: Once you've purchase your upgrade and installed the components within the box, the rest is rather simple. You will have to go on line using the internet address given to you as stated on the yellow card shipped along with your box of upgraded goodies. You'll have to fill in the blanks as prompted on FORD Racing website. You'll need to register your car by VIN number, tell them what kind of drive axle ratio you have, which is usually a 3.31 ratio, in short means: your car's drive shaft spins 3.31 times (aka. rotations) for every one full turn of your rear wheel. You'll have to measure your wheel's entire circumference which is the actual dimension from start to end in inches. In short, pick a point on the edge (or lip) of the tire and using a measuring tape, roll the tape completely around the contact surface of the tire until you touch the same spot where you started. This is approximately 84 inches. The rest is self explanatory i.e: year, make, model, engine size (5.4L) etc. Once you are done, FORD Racing will send you (via FED EX) a small white box labeled by VIN number, containing a black plastic box having a long cable, OBD II end connector end made specifically for your car. This "IS" the reprogrammer. It will come with your new, updated parameters changing your engine's attitude from factory mild to monster power house. It will come with a label affixed to the reprogrammer possessing the same information you submitted and they (FORD) verified is for your car. The reprogrammer is a simple plug in tool that connects underneath the dash, right hand side. There is a switch at the top of your new black plastic box giving you two settings: 1, for FACTORY original and 2. for that wild PERFORMANCE. The PERFORMANCE software is preloaded from Ford which is married to your car for life. DO NOT throw it away or you'll lose you car's identity. The way it works is again--simple. Once you move the top switch to PERFORMANCE, it will send (or PUSH) the new algorithems software parameters into your car's computer which is located underneath the hood, passenger side, directly behind the head lamp. It is a silver triangular shaped box and mounted vertically with three square black plastic shaped connectors attached to it. I forgot to mention, part of the registeration is for you to disconnect the three connectors (all having a special latch over clamp that can easily be broken ), dismounting the computer from it's side bracket and reading the computer's part number located underneath or along side the silver body. Look for a white barcoded label with a lot of numbers and letters. Your second option in getting these number is to have the dealer tell you what kind of computer you have once they connect direct to your computer using their Integrated Diagnostic System (or IDS). Okay, back on subject; once you place the switch to PERFORMANCE and turn the key, WITHOUT STARTING THE CAR then by concept (which by the way is proven to work) FORCES the new parameters into your car's computer, while the car's current parameters is sent back to your black box, downloaded and stored for life. Obviously, if you lose your reprogrammer your screwed. This valuable information of your factory settings should be protected just in case you want to reverse this process. Once done, you'll only have to switch back from PERFORMANCE to FACTORY and turn the key WITHOUT STARTING THE CAR for the same thing happen, this time in reverse. Once the changes are made you will see a green light flash on your little black box letting you know you've done it right. Whether you set the parameters for PERF to FAC or FAC to PERF, your goal is to see a green light flash when it is all said and done. Anything less (example: stuck yellow) will cost your a trip to the dealer with problems. Hence, the previous thread suggestion of taking it to the dealer.

Airborne

That is one heck of write up Airborne, Good Job!

Thx Doc. I could however use some help on posting some pictures. I took a bunch at a recent Dayton Convention Car show and wanted to share. I've seen other posts with pictures attached directly below their narrative and can't figure out how to do it. I wanted to show the new '08 KR, a black Bullet with a jewel cut dash board, and forgive me for even throwing this out there, but since I do appreciate most muscle cars, it's only natural to attach the new Challenger SRT. I was contemplating between the Shelby or the Challenger and I've narrowed it down to owning both. :hysterical: Also, Sharabi, that ACF50 works very well. Quick shipping, right to my front door.

Airborne

Thx Doc. I could however use some help on posting some pictures. I took a bunch at a recent Dayton Convention Car show and wanted to share. I've seen other posts with pictures attached directly below their narrative and can't figure out how to do it. I wanted to show the new '08 KR, a black Bullet with a jewel cut dash board, and forgive me for even throwing this out there, but since I do appreciate most muscle cars, it's only natural to attach the new Challenger SRT. I was contemplating between the Shelby or the Challenger and I've narrowed it down to owning both. :hysterical: Also, Sharabi, that ACF50 works very well. Quick shipping, right to my front door.

Airborne

Both the Shelby and the Challenger are beautiful cars - wish I can have both; but I guess the Shelby will have to do. :happy feet:

To include pictures as attachments, use the browse button at the lower right hand corner of the Edit Window to select the file to upload. There are limitations to the file size that you can attach to your post - 500Kbytes. Picture files tend to be rather large so you may have to resize them using a photo editor program. Once you have selected a file, click on the green "UPLOAD" button. Assuming you didn't exceed the max file size - the Manage Current Attachments window will show the number of attachments in parentesis (1). If you click on the pulldown arrow it will show the name of the file. The "Max single upload size will show how much file size you have left to attach. Once you submit your post, your file attachments should appear at the bottom.

Personally, I use Photobucket.com and post my pictures there and copy/paste the IMG code into my posts. That's how folks get full size pictures to appear in their posts. Here's a link to Photobucket.com. Photobucket also has some powerful photo editing tools built-in including the means to resize pictures to make their file size smaller.

http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu

Hope this helps. Here's a picture that I attached (at bottom) and the same picture copied from Photobucket:

Mar_22_2008.jpg

post-9625-1207719297_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1207719297_thumb.jpg

That is one heck of write up Airborne, Good Job!

Ditto that... Airborne that was very informative.

I own an 08 SGT and was considering a tuner upgrade to my vehicle. Is this a similar process for the SGT and is there a particular one that you might recommend?

And, yes, I realize that I am in the wrong forum and not trying to hijack this one, but just recongnized that some of you folks know a lot more than I do and I'm just trying to learn more about my own car. I would consider myself novice level compared to most people here.

Thanks,

Andy.

Airborne...

I noticed in your write up you said that the connection port for the programmer was on the right hand side of the dash. The port was to the right side on my 03 Mach 1. Isn't it under the dash just to the left of the steering wheel for the 05 and later models? Unless of course there are 2 ports under there, one on the left and one on the right. Just curious, please clarify.

Joe

Airborne...

I noticed in your write up you said that the connection port for the programmer was on the right hand side of the dash. The port was to the right side on my 03 Mach 1. Isn't it under the dash just to the left of the steering wheel for the 05 and later models? Unless of course there are 2 ports under there, one on the left and one on the right. Just curious, please clarify.

Joe

Sorry Joe, my military right, your actual left. I stand corrected. It actually points downward, just under the headlamp switch control panel and next to the hood release handle. I tried to make a funny on the military right thing. So much for my humor.

Airborne

Ditto that... Airborne that was very informative.

I own an 08 SGT and was considering a tuner upgrade to my vehicle. Is this a similar process for the SGT and is there a particular one that you might recommend?

And, yes, I realize that I am in the wrong forum and not trying to hijack this one, but just recongnized that some of you folks know a lot more than I do and I'm just trying to learn more about my own car. I would consider myself novice level compared to most people here.

Thanks,

Andy.

If you've bottomed out your gas pedal at least once, you're not a novice. :hysterical: I love these little moving picture things. Aren't they great? I don't want to sound like a Ford sales man but I have to say, I consider myself a very careful buyer after doing enough homework. I found the FR-1, 2 and 3 packages sold by Ford Racing will do the job on a GT, but read on for the full story. Steeda will tell you their tuner reprogrammer which will do an even better job boost your power curve simply because they offer more parameters then just the PERF piece. And, if you go the factory FR-1 route, you'll actually see STEEDA stamped on the side of the box, which prompted me to call. Yes, they do work closely with Ford from it's inception to final production and yes, they have corrected many weak points (wheel hop etc.) of the car, but what they can't deliver is a Ford factory warranty. I cashed in that warranty when my MAF sensor went out, compliments of Ford's outstanding service. Even though I had a Friday part in my monday car, they fix it with no questions asked. I use to own an '07 GT (not SGT) and it was decent in the power range, then I added the FR-1 pack and it brought it up to your SGT standard. Now for the rest of the story, your SGT is a supped up GT with some Shelby touches not available on any other factory GT Mustang. If I'm not too far off the mark, your SGT should have the following packages built into it. An FR-2 system with some of the FR-3 components less shorty tube headers. FR-2 should have an open air cleaner, high flow through exhaust with the 4" chrome exhaust tips (a very attractive touch which I still prefer over my current exhaust system), x-pipe for great exhaust flow and reprogrammed to beast level. You should also have a short throw close ratio shifter adjusted to your car's body. You should also have a high pressure/high flow Ford Racing oil filter which almost doubles filteration and flow of oil. This is often over looked yet a direct contributor towards Horse Power, but that's another subject all together. I'm guessing here, but I think you have the 3.73 rear end, which is the best choice for this car in my opinion and finally, some of the FR-3 suspension upgrades that are GT500 components making stability is non-issue. I know I said alot, but to make a long story longer, your SGT came packed with power, handling and looks right out the box. Plus, Shelby's CSM accountability and not to mention, built at his factory. I know you're looking for "more tune?" and I do hate to be the barer of bad news, but if you really look close at your machine, you're sitting on a hot car. I quickly realized after dumping into my first GT an FR-1 power pack, that this was going to be a chase to the GT500 finish line. I wasn't satisfied with just plain old sick power, I wanted disgusting, puke in your pants power. Came close...but that was only after forking out another 20gs to trade up to a GT500. I would keep your SGT as stock as possible. Again, Andy, this is purely my opinion, but you do have a gem on your hands and no true collector (what I like to call my next buyer with an even bigger wallet, 10 years from now) will definitely comb through your car for originality. I'm not talking about a Barrett-Jackson auction. Today's buyer are smarter than we give them credit and if you venture too far out side of the FOMOCO home, it will lose value. If you really have to have that extra 200 horses, I could only suggest you stay within the Ford Racing family's enterprise and yes, they are conservatively built parts not to over stress your engine and it's housing (that being the body) but then who wants to really trash their car. If you have that kind of money, I'm definitely in the wrong business. An honest answer for what it's worth.

Airborne

Sorry Joe, my military right, your actual left. I stand corrected. It actually points downward, just under the headlamp switch control panel and next to the hood release handle. I tried to make a funny on the military right thing. So much for my humor.

Airborne

No problem Airborne, I got the humor. I actually work for the military as a civilian, been doing it for close to 20 years now. There is more humor in it than you think. :hysterical:

Joe

Archived