TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for everyone

I have mixed feeling about adding non-original items to my 40th. I am unsure if it will hurt the value of the car. such as adding the shelby shifter knob, quarter window covers, and under the hood bolts.

What do you guys think, will it hurt the value of the car to put these items on even though they are not part of the 40th package

Thanks

I have mixed feeling about adding non-original items to my 40th. I am unsure if it will hurt the value of the car. such as adding the shelby shifter knob, quarter window covers, and under the hood bolts.

What do you guys think, will it hurt the value of the car to put these items on even though they are not part of the 40th package

Thanks

As long as you maintain a detailed list of your changes and parts, seems it wouldn't be a problem to put back to original 40th condition. IMO

I say make it the way you want it. I'm going to make some similar changes you listed to my 40th and SS.

In the end you can do as LuckySnake said, keep a list and change her back.

Well that's my .02 anyway.

I've thought about that a lot. As posted above, documenting everything done seems to be the best practice. The Shelby name is one of the things that gives the car it's value. So far, all my add ons have been purchased from Shelby Performance Parts. Not the cheapest way to go but keeps it "Shelbyized". At the end of the day these cars are for fun. Fix them them up the way you want, enjoy them, drive them. If the "investment" happens to work out, great.

Thanks

It's going to be my kids or grand kids problem.

The debate over investment will be endless with these cars. I am one of those that believe that these cars will not see the kind of appreciation that Shelby's in the past have seen for a couple of reasons. First, there are too many of them. I have done several things through Shelby to try to cut mine out of the pack, but there are still a lot of these cars floating around.

Second, younger generations do not have the same understanding and appreciation for the Shelby brand that previous generations have. It seems that nobody drives their car, so nobody gets the opportunity to see them and lust after them like we did. I think the addition of the 09 model year for the GT500 and perhaps the SS will actually do more to enhance the value of the car long term because more people will have the opportunity to see them. Especially if it is a short model year run and prices get to MSRP or below where more people will use them as daily drivers.

For this wave of Muscle Cars, I think it is more about bragging rights to an all Shelby car versus a great Shelby car exactly the way you want it. When the "Great Stripe Debate" was going on with Amy, she candidly pointed out that when we get our cars back, we could and perhaps should, put whatever stripes on them that made us happy.

Look at the attitude of many of the SGT guys. If you have a stock Shelby GT500, you don't have a "real" Shelby.

With that said, I am making modifications to my car for my enjoyment. My logic pretty basic, why be unhappy with such a great car.

Look at the attitude of many of the SGT guys. If you have a stock Shelby GT500, you don't have a "real" Shelby.

Not all SGT guys share that attitude. You have a "real" Shelby in my book. Just not born the same way...but a real Shelby.

If you bought it to enjoy...personalize it. I'm adding a few SAI parts here and there....but nothing I can't reverse if I ever wanted to go back. I keep the documentation and the old parts. Whatever you do.... :shift: them.

Not all SGT guys share that attitude. You have a "real" Shelby in my book. Just not born the same way...but a real Shelby.

If you bought it to enjoy...personalize it. I'm adding a few SAI parts here and there....but nothing I can't reverse if I ever wanted to go back. I keep the documentation and the old parts. Whatever you do.... :shift: them.

Berg,

I didn't mean to imply all. There are many, many great SGT guys, but know what I am talking about.

Berg,

I didn't mean to imply all. There are many, many great SGT guys, but know what I am talking about.

Oh I know. No offense taken...it's all good. Usually it's just a vocal minority group that gets all the attention. I just subscribe to the Shelby family thinking, that all Shelby's are special in their own way :rockon: (including modded ones) and would hope that most Shelby owners would not draw lines around certain Shelby models. Of course world peace would be nice too. :)

Thanks to everyone I will make it the way I want it and it can still be reversed.

I know the GT500 was not born the same as the SGT, but having the 40th package will give it the same Shelby blood lines and the fact the 40th package is very limited will enhance the value of them, RIGHT?

What did everyone think of the new Knight Rider show?

I know my A.D.D. is kicking in with all the questions, but

My GT500 is at SAI now. I used BJ auto transport the price was good and the driver was nice, But it was not as professional as wanted. Do ya'll have any suggestions on this?

Thank

40th 142 :lurk:

Thanks to everyone I will make it the way I want it and it can still be reversed.

I know the GT500 was not born the same as the SGT, but having the 40th package will give it the same Shelby blood lines and the fact the 40th package is very limited will enhance the value of them, RIGHT?

What did everyone think of the new Knight Rider show?

I know my A.D.D. is kicking in with all the questions, but

My GT500 is at SAI now. I used BJ auto transport the price was good and the driver was nice, But it was not as professional as wanted. Do ya'll have any suggestions on this?

Thank

40th 142 :lurk:

Good call. I've modded some old Mustangs, and always kept the original take-off parts (unless it was trash). Just having it enhances the value.

On the transport, I suggest driving your car home from Nevada. Cheaper, faster, more fun. You can be as professional as you want, even wear a tie. Or not.

Archived