TEAM SHELBY FORUM

B.C. Shelby is home

cobra2go

Hey everyone

My car came in last week, and I finally picked it up today .. what a ride!

I took some pics, but I have to downsize the files before I can post them.

Richport had a red one in last week, but I'm not sure where the car went.

So there's a big car show up in Duncan on Sunday we were planning to go to - we'll see what kind of response we get.

Hang in guys - it's worth the wait!

Hey everyone

So there's a big car show up in Duncan on Sunday we were planning to go to - we'll see what kind of response we get.

Hey, good news Doug! Congrates on your new ride. Be ready to field a lot of questions at the car show. There is a site that you can down load a program to resize pictures but I don`t know how to show the link here. Enjoy

Congratulations Doug! Enjoy your car!

How long did it take from the time the order was entered into the system to delivery?

If you're running Windows XP then Microsoft has a power toy that you can use to resize them. Click on "Image Resizer" in the column on the right. After it's installed you can just right-click on the image and select the size you want it to become. Very convenient.

Excellent Doug!! If you don't mind, drive by my Brother Joe's place in Brentwood Bay to show him what my, your, Shelby looks like!! ;)

Thanks guys - it really is good to hear from you.

Hehe, sure, let me know where he lives and I'll do a little demo for him!

The car was ordered May 4, built june 26, originally scheduled to arrive at the dealer July 10, but was bumped to August 10 for unknown reasons.

Today I found documents that it was returned to Autoport, with two inspection sheets dated July7 and July 13. I had the stripe delete, so it looked like quality control items. So if they keep pushing your delivery date back, you can be sure it's being thoroughly checked over.

There is a bit of clutch chatter in stop and go traffic - I find the clutch release higher on the pedal than the 04 Cobra, so I'll have to get used to giving it a bit more gas off the line.

In the 'hey I didn't know it had that' department, it has a mp3/ipod jack to the car stereo system, mirror compass (cuz I never know which direction I am getting lost in around here), and front seat side airbags.

There was no SVT charge, but I did get dinged 3% for luxury tax.

Wait till you hear the car start up - sweet!

hmm, only uploaded one photo, here is the other one ...

shelbyrr.jpg

shelbyfr.jpg

shelbyrr.jpg

shelbyfr.jpg

The car was ordered May 4, built june 26, originally scheduled to arrive at the dealer July 10, but was bumped to August 10 for unknown reasons.

Today I found documents that it was returned to Autoport, with two inspection sheets dated July7 and July 13. I had the stripe delete, so it looked like quality control items. So if they keep pushing your delivery date back, you can be sure it's being thoroughly checked over.

There is a bit of clutch chatter in stop and go traffic - I find the clutch release higher on the pedal than the 04 Cobra, so I'll have to get used to giving it a bit more gas off the line.

In the 'hey I didn't know it had that' department, it has a mp3/ipod jack to the car stereo system, mirror compass (cuz I never know which direction I am getting lost in around here), and front seat side airbags.

What a nice ride!

You are going to have to take a run up to Tofino before the weather changes what an awesome run that is out of Victoria.

BTW that Roll Bar is not std equipment is it, or did you have have it istalled?

It looks really good is it functional too?

What a nice ride!

You are going to have to take a run up to Tofino before the weather changes what an awesome run that is out of Victoria.

BTW that Roll Bar is not std equipment is it, or did you have have it istalled?

It looks really good is it functional too?

thanks! i'm trying to plan a couple road trips before the monsoon season starts here.

the roll bar is a CDC styling bar with brake light in the horizontal top. i had the dealer install it, but it comes with instructions if you want to do it yourself. It's purely a trim piece, it has a thin rolled metal tube surrounded by foam. it bolts to the door jamb behind the rear seat trim panel.

Hey everyone

Congrat`s `Cobra2go`G ive us some feedback when you get some miles on her .Sorry k/m

Yeah waiting is getting harder every day now. Good Luck.

Added Note: Like the lite bar sure sets off the verts should have been standard on all verts.

Hey everyone

Looks great Doug, I got your PM and will send you an e mail next week when I find out if my car showed up. Its suppose to arrive tomorrow ? :happy feet: :cheerleader: :bandance:

Excellent choice with the roll bar - its amazing how much this adds to the verts. Very nice.

With any luck I will be out your way around the 29th. W'ell have to hook up.

Enjoy the ride - Very nice !

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations !!

I was curious on the roll bar whether its functional or just for looks...I deffinitely like the look but if you did go over is there any protection we talking about verts over beer with a bunh of the guys and they all seem to think that unless its rolled Steele...those things would just as soon snap like a tooth pick if you rolled over.

Enjoy looks fantastic! We get out to Duncan once or twice a year to visti the outlaws...Would love to see your Shelbywhen we come out...hopefully in January...

Cheers,

Requis

Archived