TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSM07XL0078 checking in

It got here Sunday and we had rain thru yesterday - finally got it out for a spin. I'm so happy with the handling and ride. It's firm, but not too stiff. The exhaust sounds bettter, but there is that bit of droan - although I don't mind it too much. The stripes are straight and line up well around the washer nozzles - I had seen some SGTs where they did a poor job. Overall - nice job and I couldn't be happier.

Here are the first shots...

th_410.jpgth_415.jpgth_417.jpgth_418.jpgth_424.jpg

Looks great FlyBoy! :happy feet:

Will you be taking it to Dearborn again?

Absolutely. Just waiting for the dates...SHARON.

I'll also be heading down to Nags Head for the gathering in April. Then SVT Cobra Club at VIR in May and All-Frod Nationals in Carlisle in June. Should be a great summer.

The car looks great! Congratulations!

2 questions:

How long did SAI keep your car?

What's that green stuff in the background?

Hahaha! How's life in the Great White North - eh? Don't worry - the green stuff is coming.

I shipped it on 2/11. They had it on 2/15. They started work on 2/25. They shipped on 3/24. So nothing to complain about. Though separation anxiety was setting in. I can't imagine the guys that waited months went thru.

It got here Sunday and we had rain thru yesterday - finally got it out for a spin. I'm so happy with the handling and ride. It's firm, but not too stiff. The exhaust sounds bettter, but there is that bit of droan - although I don't mind it too much. The stripes are straight and line up well around the washer nozzles - I had seen some SGTs where they did a poor job. Overall - nice job and I couldn't be happier.

Here are the first shots...

th_410.jpg

th_415.jpg

th_417.jpg

th_418.jpg

th_424.jpg

That’s absolutely gorgeous! How about a side shot, I am considering a 40th w/black wheels but haven’t had a good look at them yet and I've seen them advertised as Shelby-unique does this mean they are not available but by SPP?

Thanks!

Terrific car! Looks wonderful. Congratulations to you. I hope that you have many, many happy days driving it.

Congratulations! On the suspension did you go FFRP or the Shelby / Eibach? Also except for the Tail Light surrounds it looks just like mine. :shades:

Shelby Eibach on my 40th. Actually - I didn't know there was a choice on the 40th. Maybe the SS does?

Shelby Eibach on my 40th. Actually - I didn't know there was a choice on the 40th. Maybe the SS does?

You might be right. After driving mine I tried to change the SS, but it was already completed with the Eibach. I just thought the ride in the 40th was to harsh on some of our crappy freeways out here. I haven't noticed any drone at any speed, with the top up or down. My stripes going over the top were also good. Check the ones on your doors though. On mine both the driver and passenger door front, the decal is peeling off on the inside.

That’s absolutely gorgeous! How about a side shot, I am considering a 40th w/black wheels but haven’t had a good look at them yet and I've seen them advertised as Shelby-unique does this mean they are not available but by SPP?

Thanks!

Here's a couple. Late in the day - not good light.

th_DSC00984.jpgth_DSC00980.jpgth_DSC00976.jpg

The black 40th is a show stopper and the black wheels look fabulous. I am a chrome wheel guy, but this combination is quite stunning. Congratulations.

I'm with you on the chrome on our white 40th's, but those black wheels on his car look awesome!

Thanks, guys. It may seem odd when owning a car like this, but I was thinking of a more subtle or understated look with the wheels. That's why I got the black brakes as well. The red lettering stands out enough on its own. The car is already loud - thought I'd tone it down a bit. Does that make any sense? Bonus - it's now a quintuple black vert.

Thanks, guys. It may seem odd when owning a car like this, but I was thinking of a more subtle or understated look with the wheels. That's why I got the black brakes as well. The red lettering stands out enough on its own. The car is already loud - thought I'd tone it down a bit. Does that make any sense? Bonus - it's now a quintuple black vert.

GT,

Your car looks great, and YOU are the one that has to be happy. We were pimping cars in the 60's before the word pimp came into favor. For us, anything chrome on a car looks good, and I love my chrome wheels. I'm happy and you are tickled pink. Everybody wins. That's what is good about having a little choice in these packages. It would have been even better if we had a choice on the stripes, and it's not that these cars don't all look fabulous, it just that they would have reflected a little something about each one of us individually. (someone slap me for being out of line) :-)

I love the car! I have a black vert being converted right now. Black brakes, power upgrade and silver wheels! I will post pics but that is a few weeks away. I opted for the silver to match the stripes and silver is the color for the 40th Anniversary. Although I must say the black is sweet!!

The only other things I am doing is dynamat throughout and VMP tune and pulley.

Just found this thread John.....car looks beautiful , love the black/polished wheels against the black car and the silver stripes . Are the brake ducts connected too?

Congratulations....see you in NC soon.

Thanks, George. Yep - functional front and rear brake ducts. See you in Nags Head - only a couple weeks..

Archived