TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Windshield Notes

Pastor Passum

Today was one of those rainy, drizzley, foggy days, all day long. I went to the garage to do a little work. When I went in, the vehicles were all dry but after about 20 minutes with the door open they were all wet and covered with mist. I closed the door and started to dry the Shelby when I noticed writting on the windshield. Obviously it was from residue from a grease pencil or whatever they use to denote what has been done and what's next. Although the car has been washed several times the writing is totally not noticeable when dry or wet from rain or washing. The notes read;

On the drivers side, inside a circle that's been checked off

FRONT BUMPER

3/7/07

On the passenger side

READY TO

GO BACK TO

SHELBY AMERICA

F.F.B.S.

SPOT BOTTOM FRONT COVER

2/28/07

Anyone have any ideas about the spot bottom front cover or the initials F.F.B.S.

Actually, I know eventually it will totally wash off but I kinda like the idea of the record of assembly :happy feet:

Maybe you can see one of the notes here

P1010103.jpg

Jim

Today was one of those rainy, drizzley, foggy days, all day long. I went to the garage to do a little work. When I went in, the vehicles were all dry but after about 20 minutes with the door open they were all wet and covered with mist. I closed the door and started to dry the Shelby when I noticed writting on the windshield. Obviously it was from residue from a grease pencil or whatever they use to denote what has been done and what's next. Although the car has been washed several times the writing is totally not noticeable when dry or wet from rain or washing. The notes read;

On the drivers side, inside a circle that's been checked off

FRONT BUMPER

3/7/07

On the passenger side

READY TO

GO BACK TO

SHELBY AMERICA

F.F.B.S.

SPOT BOTTOM FRONT COVER

2/28/07

Anyone have any ideas about the spot bottom front cover or the initials F.F.B.S.

Actually, I know eventually it will totally wash off but I kinda like the idea of the record of assembly :happy feet:

Maybe you can see one of the notes here

P1010103.jpg

Jim

Be happy it doesn't say"Roof damage repaired"!I saw one hidden at my Ford dealer that had some serious roof damage.They said it was going back to Shelby for repairs and then it would be sold.

That's cool - I need to figure out how to duplicate your "misting event". It's not as humid up here in CT. I guess you should never clean your windows!

"Be happy it doesn't say"Roof damage repaired"!

Never thought of that '07 Shelby, Guess I should consider myself lucky, huh :happy feet:

"I would think spot would refer to spot painting."

Maybe '69 dejavue, good guess

And Jeff, kudos to you. I had no idea

F.F.B.S. = Friendly Ford Body Shop

The local Ford dealer that works with SAI?

I bet that's it. Thanks guys, all of you. Just another added bonus to being a T.S. member :hysterical3:

Or Bud M's part fetching car-reconnect odometer and replace tires before shipping!

lol...reminds me of that movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" where they left his friend's dad's Ferrari at a parking garage and the parking garage attendants took it out for a ride and u can hear Star Wars theme playing as they were jumping hills.

Archived