TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Imitation is the best flattery but.....

BergShelby

I know imitation is the best flattery but this just rubs me as a little deceiving. How many items can you spot that would make you question if it a real Shelby GT? I see six but it's the best copy I have seen yet. What I don't like is that the ad says it's a 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT with 17K miles and they are asking 48K for it....yes...48K. Then the ad goes on to say in the description that it is a "2007 Replica 1966 Shelby Cobra GT 350".

I don't know what makes me more mad...advertising as a SGT or that they are asking 48K for a 17K SGT copy. :banghead:

Fake :redcard:

6568301167.241391140.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x379.jpg

The real deal :happy feet:

2007-06-99.jpg

Link to Full Ad

...good eye if you see 6.

I see:

wrong fender badge

wrong wheels

wrong stripes color

wrong stripes on the lower front valence

cables missing on hood pins

wrong hood scoop

wrong side stripes

A winner...sorry...no prize. I would add that the pins are in the wrong location. And I'm sure the list would increase if you were to step around the back or inside.

A winner...sorry...no prize. I would add that the pins are in the wrong location. And I'm sure the list would increase if you were to step around the back or inside.

i was about to say the same about the hood pin locations...as they are too far apart.

something mentioned by Berg in his list of 'I see:' he says it has the wrong wheels.

although they arent stock SGT wheels, u cant really count that because some of us have changed our wheels on our SGTs. :burnout:

...good eye if you see 6.

I see:

wrong fender badge

wrong wheels

wrong stripes color

wrong stripes on the lower front valence

cables missing on hood pins

wrong hood scoop

wrong side stripes

It doesn't appeared to be lowered as much as an SGT either.

It doesn't appeared to be lowered as much as an SGT either.

I thought that too Ilmor, from the angle, it almost appears the rear rides a little higher. I'm sure the lettering on the decklid/hurst shifter/exhaust (as well as the obvious dash plate/sill plates/Shelby floormats) are all incorrect or absent as well

i was about to say the same about the hood pin locations...as they are too far apart.

something mentioned by Berg in his list of 'I see:' he says it has the wrong wheels.

although they arent stock SGT wheels, u cant really count that because some of us have changed our wheels on our SGTs. :burnout:

You are absolutely right...in fact the rims look to be Shelby's CS66. CS66's would not be unusual rims for SGT....now if they were stock 16" I would question it.

Archived