TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NORMAL

I was cleaning the front end of my car this weekend. I cleaned the grille and found there was another black plastic grille behind my chrome grille. ??????????????????????????????? has anyone looked and seen this?

Yes, it's normal. SAI does not remove the orginal Mustang GT grille when they install theirs.

I was cleaning the front end of my car this weekend. I cleaned the grille and found there was another black plastic grille behind my chrome grille. ??????????????????????????????? has anyone looked and seen this?

Yup, Normal....Thats the old GT grille that was partcially removed by SAI. :shrug:

yeah its the mysterious phantom running mustang stock grill.

on the 07's they kept the stock grill to provide support for the billet grill before they developed a different method with a cleaner look.

you will also notice the phantom holes where the running lights used to be. :ninja:

Yup! normal.......just think how rare these will be in 20 years, along with the hood scoops.

Yup! normal.......just think how rare these will be in 20 years, along with the hood scoops.

funny! I can see it now....Mike Joy going around the car asking for a close up camera shot at the 2028 Barret Jackson, to show the poor workmanship and how it was normal for its time.

funny! I can see it now....Mike Joy going around the car asking for a close up camera shot at the 2028 Barret Jackson, to show the poor workmanship and how it was normal for its time.

Better yet someone pointing out it's an 07' with a new cleaner 08' style grill and people stop bidding.

:happy feet:

Hey Guys, I'm going to install a Black Shelby Billet Grille in a customers GT in a couple weeks.

I'm useing the stock GT grille and trimming out all the unecessary plastic to replicate the

new SGT grille surround. Also installing a C/S front cover & lower grille. I'll post pic's as the

project begins, Probably next weekend B)

Hey Guys, I'm going to install a Black Shelby Billet Grille in a customers GT in a couple weeks.

I'm useing the stock GT grille and trimming out all the unecessary plastic to replicate the

new SGT grille surround. Also installing a C/S front cover & lower grille. I'll post pic's as the

project begins, Probably next weekend B)

Why wouldn't you just use the new 08' style housing? Cleaner, less labor, and sell the old grill.

This is normal on the 07's. Shelby reuses the old honeycomb grill.The 08 has a much better set up.

I would not say its "better", but it is different. SAI did a nice job it I think; I say that because after owning the car for 11 months I just went to look at it - never noticed it before! It makes our '07's more special and different; something to point out years down the road.

Some have been bothered by this but as you can see for yourself how long it took for you to notice. I bet the real reason SAI made the change on the '08 for to save the labor costs it took to modifiy the grill instead of just replacing it.

Some have been bothered by this but as you can see for yourself how long it took for you to notice. I bet the real reason SAI made the change on the '08 for to save the labor costs it took to modifiy the grill instead of just replacing it.

That could have been part of the decision too. However I will say that unless you are looking directly at the grill, and know what you're looking at, it looks better than the 08! The 07's has a dark almost black background at almost every angle, except straight on, while the 08's you can clearly see the radiator like in the GT500.

I kinda like it cut up grill for that reason.

That could have been part of the decision too. However I will say that unless you are looking directly at the grill, and know what you're looking at, it looks better than the 08! The 07's has a dark almost black background at almost every angle, except straight on, while the 08's you can clearly see the radiator like in the GT500.

Thanks for all the replies. I am a new owner and the car only has 100 miles. Still waiting for the sunshine

I know this has been mentioned before, by myself actually, but I still have the origianal GT grille behing my SGT grille. I have been thinking of replacing the chopped up GT for the simple reason it looks like crap at the bottom. It i warped so bad its awaful and it hasnt even been heated yet by the summer sun. It waves and is almost 3/4" high in some places. Im just wondering how bad its gonna wave this summer in August.

Do you think the original hood scoops willbe still on them in 20 years?

Yes I do.......what shape there in is another question. :hysterical:

Why wouldn't you just use the new 08' style housing? Cleaner, less labor, and sell the old grill.

Just something I've been wanting to try since the 07 came out. The customer is aware of what's being done and if it dosen't turn out we'll be getting the new grille surround. :)

Very good point!

I know this has been mentioned before, by myself actually, but I still have the origianal GT grille behing my SGT grille. I have been thinking of replacing the chopped up GT for the simple reason it looks like crap at the bottom. It i warped so bad its awaful and it hasnt even been heated yet by the summer sun. It waves and is almost 3/4" high in some places. Im just wondering how bad its gonna wave this summer in August.

i posted pictures of the waves in mine last winter (but that stuff was in the old forum). i was thinking of getting rid of my old grille for that issue.

Archived