TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oh... oh... oh... What SHOULD I do???

old guy

All of these "what should I do" type requests are getting pretty old. Should I buy a car and maybe make some money in 20 years? Should I buy a GT500 or a GT? Should I get the GT350? Would I be a fool for paying over MSRP????

For crying out loud... make up your own mind. Nobody knows what the future holds. Your asking for opinions? Suppose the majority of opinions don't make YOU happy???

Get a plan that makes you happy and stick to it. My point is, if you aren't committed enough to a plan, then you're only doing it for what others will think.

Investment: you probably can do better buying a(nother) house, but I don't know.

Would you be a fool for paying over MSRP? Well, I would think so.

With that said, go buy a GT500! :hysterical:

LOL.....Deep breathes,slow exhale, in through the nose,out through the mouth......Ah, humanity is fickle.

The beatles wrote a song that fits this thread. Are you compelled to sing it with me old guy? Oh you, tell me something.........come on! join in!

LOL - the Beatles wrote lots of good tunes. Not sure of the one you're thinking of, but if you hum a few bars I'll definately join in!

I wanna hold your hand! ( Oh you,tell me something )

oohhhhhh.... 'cept you got the words wrong. It's...

Oh Yeah I'll... tell ya somethin'

Thanks. Now I have that stupid song in my head. Grown men gettin' as many women as they can handle and they wanna hold hands. Yeah, right! :hysterical:

Should I read this thread or not? I'm not sure... maybe I should read that new book...

"Rid yourself of Doubt.... or should you?"

:lol:

No, I don't think you should read it. But I'll bet you will... :lol:

This Thread is rated "R"

You MUST have your mom to let you IN...

All of these "what should I do" type requests are getting pretty old. Should I buy a car and maybe make some money in 20 years? Should I buy a GT500 or a GT? Should I get the GT350? Would I be a fool for paying over MSRP????

For crying out loud... make up your own mind. Nobody knows what the future holds. Your asking for opinions? Suppose the majority of opinions don't make YOU happy???

Get a plan that makes you happy and stick to it. My point is, if you aren't committed enough to a plan, then you're only doing it for what others will think.

Investment: you probably can do better buying a(nother) house, but I don't know.

Would you be a fool for paying over MSRP? Well, I would think so.

With that said, go buy a GT500! :hysterical:

Oh yeah you forgot one -- What colour should I pick will the white stripes look good etc.

Give me break you sound like women at a dress shop PICK PINK `Ruf` would be proud of you.

Oh Yeah add stripes with pretty flowers in them.

I`am out here I need a cold one

Buy a GT and have a ball modifying it so it's one of a kind! :cheerleader:

Ruff - Answer the questions!

:baby: What color should I get? Do you think Blue looks better than red? If I paint the stripes on will it detract from the value? Should I even order stripes? What will it be worth in 20 years? Can I put my kids through college with it? Will my neighbors like it? Will they think I'm stupid? Should I drive it or store it? How long is too long to wait? Should I pay more than MSRP? Is the dealer trying to screw me? Will the prices come down in a year? Are you sure that I won't regret it? What about insurance? Will it cost too much to insure? What if I just bought a GT500 and sold it right away, then used the profit to buy a GT and modify it? Am I only buying it because it says "Shelby" on the back? Is it really a Shelby? Would I be better off with a Corvette? Maybe I should just buy a Hyundai. What should I do.... What SHOULD I do????? :roses:

C'mon guys. I hope you realize that I have my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek. But really, no one can make any of these decisions for you. If you're second guessing, then back off a bit. For those of you who know exactly what you are going to do, I salute you. You are my heroes!

I thought I did answer your question. You asked which of the 3 to buy.

I like knowing that I'm not driving something that many others are driving, too.

If you see me around town - you're gonna know it's me, baby!

But - I've been restricted by funds. If I had the dough - I'd buy the 500 - no doubt. All I'd do to that one would be rims/tires - gears - and boost the blower to 600.

I thought I did answer your question. You asked which of the 3 to buy.

I like knowing that I'm not driving something that many others are driving, too.

If you see me around town - you're gonna know it's me, baby!

But - I've been restricted by funds. If I had the dough - I'd buy the 500 - no doubt. All I'd do to that one would be rims/tires - gears - and boost the blower to 600.

Now THAT'S what I'm TALKIN about! Here's a man who knows exactly what he's gonna do. And he decided all by himself. 'course, I wouldda chose something other than pink, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Hey Ruff - no doubt in my mind that you're gonna love whatever you build!

A good analogy might be our house.

My wife didn't hire someone to pick out furniture and wall colors - she did it herself (with a little help from 'ol Ruf...). And she had a blast. When people come over - she likes to explain about why she chose this piece or that piece.

When I bring this GT to car shows - I'll have the same experience. I'll tell the folks why I did what I've done.

Very cool stuff, indeed. :shift:

I might even have the lettering guy put on RUF in front of the GT emblem on the front fenders!

Let the German guy sue if he wants. :hysterical:

A good analogy might be our house.

My wife didn't hire someone to pick out furniture and wall colors - she did it herself (with a little help from 'ol Ruf...). And she had a blast. When people come over - she likes to explain about why she chose this piece or that piece.

When I bring this GT to car shows - I'll have the same experience. I'll tell the folks why I did what I've done.

Very cool stuff, indeed. :shift:

I might even have the lettering guy put on RUF in front of the GT emblem on the front fenders!

Let the German guy sue if he wants. :hysterical:

So how does she explain the pink room? :hysterical:

All of these "what should I do" type requests are getting pretty old.

Should I respond to this post? What does everyone think?

I see what you're saying old...but you are a seasoned veteran. Some folks just are unsure of themselves...and want a second opinion. What I think is funny is when they say "I was going to get the Grabber Orange..but now I'm not sure...what does everyone think?" Then, after 100 people say "Get red" or "Get black"...they say "I think I'll stick with the Grabber Orange". :rant:

Dave

Why not remove the T and put RUFF...you'd have GRUFF!

I knew a guy in the mid 80s that had a Chevette. He took off the emblem and cut off the Che. :fan:

LOL - the Beatles wrote lots of good tunes. Not sure of the one you're thinking of, but if you hum a few bars I'll definately join in!

...help me if you can I'm feeling down....pleaaase won't you......when I was young...hmm hm hm

Cheers,

Requis

...help me if you can I'm feeling down....pleaaase won't you......when I was young...hmm hm hm

Cheers,

Requis

All good tunes that I had forgotten....

My memory isn't as good as it used to be... also, my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Should I respond to this post? What does everyone think?

I see what you're saying old...but you are a seasoned veteran. Some folks just are unsure of themselves...and want a second opinion. What I think is funny is when they say "I was going to get the Grabber Orange..but now I'm not sure...what does everyone think?" Then, after 100 people say "Get red" or "Get black"...they say "I think I'll stick with the Grabber Orange". :rant:

Dave

Why not remove the T and put RUFF...you'd have GRUFF!

I knew a guy in the mid 80s that had a Chevette. He took off the emblem and cut off the Che. :fan:

That would make it a poor mans vette :hysterical:

And, whom, dare I ask, is that weapon shooting at?

Shoot - it took me a flippin month to just decide on a color for the car! :hysterical:

And I'm still having second thoughts...I feel like wifey deciding on colors for the downstairs bathroom. :baby:

..oh let's just call it random violence :hysterical:

color choice does create some conflict, since several color/stripe combos look good, but no point asking another person since everyone has their own reason for liking the appearance of something.

Know what you mean about room colors, I just leave it all to wifey. If I let her take the lead, I know I can actually count on having to paint next year sometime :doh:

Next year? Hel-lo?

Our family room has chair rail. So she gets the bright idea to paint the upper and lower walls in contrasting colors. She brings home about 30 color cards from Lowe's.

Okay - fast forward.

Two months later - I've painted 3 - count 'em - 3 different color combos on the upper and lower walls.

After the last go 'round - I says, "This - my dear - is it" :fan:

But - she's pretty good lookin....

Next year? Hel-lo?

Our family room has chair rail. So she gets the bright idea to paint the upper and lower walls in contrasting colors. She brings home about 30 color cards from Lowe's.

Okay - fast forward.

Two months later - I've painted 3 - count 'em - 3 different color combos on the upper and lower walls.

After the last go 'round - I says, "This - my dear - is it" :fan:

But - she's pretty good lookin....

..check out the bosky dining room some day, chair rail, with 2 slightly different shades of green upper and lower. Gotta love em...

Archived