TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thunderhill Raceway - NorCal Track Events

WP64

Thunderhill Raceway's on-track school, Hooked On Driving, will be having a track day event presented by Roush Performance on June 27, 2008, the entry fee is only $285 which includes classroom and track time and is open to all groups from beginner to advanced. Thunderhill is the official SCCA run track in Northern California and is located apx. 1.25 hours north of Sacramento just off of I-5, Willows is the closest town to the track.

I can't go on June 27 due to other obligations, but here's a link to Hooked On Driving's 2008 schedule and sign-up information, scroll down to June 27 to find the Roush Performance event http://www.hookedondriving.com/category.cfm?category=1

The schedule says the Roush event welcomes "Mustangs and Cobras", funny that it doesn't say it welcomes Shelby's too... :hysterical:

Perhaps us NorCal Team Shelby members could put together a track day meet at Infineon (Sears Point) or Thunderhill this summer, what do you guys think? I'm already signed up for a Hooked On Driving refresher on April 25th at Thunderhill and I'll also be doing some other open track events there and at Infineon throughout this summer. Anyone like to join me?

Thunderhill Raceway's on-track school, Hooked On Driving, will be having a track day event presented by Roush Performance on June 27, 2008, the entry fee is only $285 which includes classroom and track time and is open to all groups from beginner to advanced. Thunderhill is the official SCCA run track in Northern California and is located apx. 1.25 hours north of Sacramento just off of I-5, Willows is the closest town to the track.

I can't go on June 27 due to other obligations, but here's a link to Hooked On Driving's 2008 schedule and sign-up information, scroll down to June 27 to find the Roush Performance event http://www.hookedondriving.com/category.cfm?category=1

The schedule says the Roush event welcomes "Mustangs and Cobras", funny that it doesn't say it welcomes Shelby's too... :hysterical:

Perhaps us NorCal Team Shelby members could put together a track day meet at Infineon (Sears Point) or Thunderhill this summer, what do you guys think? I'm already signed up for a Hooked On Driving refresher on April 25th at Thunderhill and I'll also be doing some other open track events there and at Infineon throughout this summer. Anyone like to join me?

I grew up about 10 miles north of that track, and I never knew it existed. doh.gif

• 8 months later...

I live in Sac and work about 1/2 hour south of Willows. Thunderhill is a great track.

Does anyone in NorCal have any plans to hit the track in 09?

If so, I'd like to organize a Team Shelby track event up there, similar to what the NorCal SAAC does a couple of times a year.

Any interest?

Ken

Archived