TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordering today!

Mustang Joe

Well, the big day has finally come! I'm heading off today to place my order at Erinwood Ford.

I've been away for the past week visiting a friend of mine in rural Newfoundland and I come back to find that it's time to order! :bandance: :happy feet: :bandance:

Whoo hoo!

Congrat`s -Let us know how it goes. Did you say you were 3rd on their list?

Supposed to be number 5. A while back I was told to expect delivery in November after ordering in October. Perhaps someone dropped off the list or the allocation has been more generous than anticipated.

Either way, I'm happy!

Let me know if you don`t mind what # you were on their list. Good Luck

Well, the deed is done. If I'm lucky I can expect delivery by the end of September. Red with white stripes with red inserts - just like Dave's. Apparently 3 of the 5 that they've ordered have been red/white.

I'm number 5 on the list and while I was there they were prepping the number 2 car for delivery. It's an alloy convertible with red inserts. Here are some photos of it taken with a cell phone so they're not the greatest quality.

post-3014-1155847842_thumb.jpgpost-3014-1155847859_thumb.jpgpost-3014-1155847873_thumb.jpg

post-3014-1155847842_thumb.jpg

post-3014-1155847859_thumb.jpg

post-3014-1155847873_thumb.jpg

Well, the deed is done. If I'm lucky I can expect delivery by the end of September. Red with white stripes with red inserts - just like Dave's. Apparently 3 of the 5 that they've ordered have been red/white.

I'm number 5 on the list and while I was there they were prepping the number 2 car for delivery. It's an alloy convertible with red inserts. Here are some photos of it taken with a cell phone so they're not the greatest quality.

post-3014-1155847842_thumb.jpgpost-3014-1155847859_thumb.jpgpost-3014-1155847873_thumb.jpg

nice machine! With that many red/whites you guys could enter a team into the local Santa Claus parade. If you don't mind me asking, did you pay an ADM on it?

No, I paid the Canadian MSRP plus a $500 SVT fee.

Good to see one dealer keeping his word on pricing. Congrates Joe! with a little luck it will come in sooner. Does the alloy look black? The owner at my dealer ship ordered alloy and then changed his to black.

Good to see one dealer keeping his word on pricing.

Yep, everything worked out in that regard. Back in May 2005 I signed a purchase agreement stamped "CUSTOMER AGREES TO PAY MANUFACTURERS SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE" in the remarks box. When we were doing the paperwork, the dealer mentioned some things that were quite interesting:

There is no law that prohibits ADM in Ontario

The contract I signed is only valid for 90 days and can then be cancelled by either the dealer or customer. Sure enough, if you look on the back it says:

Delays in the Delivery of the Vehicle

If the Vehicle is to be ordered from the manufacturer and you are unable to deliver the Vehicle to me within 90 days of the date of this Agreement, you will notify me in writing of the reason for the delay and thereafter either one of us may cancel this Agreement by giving written notice of the cancellation to the other person. Unless we agree in writing to a new delivery date, this Agreement will be cancelled automatically at the end of the 5 day period following my receipt of your notice of the delay. If you are unable to deliver the vehicle to me by the new delivery date, this Agreement will be cancelled automatically. If this Agreement is cancelled for any of the above reasons, you will return my Deposit and neither one of us will have any further obligations under this Agreement

Thankfully, he also said "Erinwood Ford wouldn't cancel the deal because we don't do business that way".

He said that he expects to get one 2008 GT500 and that that one would definitely have an ADM on it.

Does the alloy look black?

To my eye, it looks like a dark grey. The photos I took aren't great but if you compare the black roof to the alloy body you can see a difference. My last three cars have been black and while they look great clean, I find it's tough to keep them looking that good.

Archived