TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOOD CORROSION ISSUE

BLOWN

My Hood had corrosion on the under side just behind the Lip. They repainted the whole Hood. I think I may have spotted a little starting now in the same area on the Deck Lid. The Service Manager at my Dealership told me that it was a common problem.

David.

Hopefully I'll be getting mine out later today when it hits 50f+. Once that happens I'll get the car out of the car capsule & I'll check mine after sitting all winter long. But I really don't expect to see anything because I always wipe down all the seams under the hood, trunk & door areas after each car wash & would have noticed it long before now if it came from the factory that way.

I finally got around to checking my Mustangs. The 03 GT seems fine. Of course, she sits in the garage most of the time. Only saw a slight nick...perhaps something hit the underlayer where the two layers are stuck together just above the pony. I felt bumpy spots on the front center part of the hood on the 08 V6. Opened the hood to look and saw bumps at several spots. It looks like epoxy or something. Most of them were where the two layers were welded. However, at the very front center of the hood, the bumps are actually where the hood folds and comes back in. I wonder if the epoxy somehow dribbled down or something.

Archived