TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Air Bag Recall

Recieved a recall notice for recall # 08CO2 for my 07' SGT.

The description says " During an airbag deployment, if a small female in the front passenger seat is not wearing the safety belt, and has the seat in the full forward position, there may be an increased potential for a neck injury."

They will "reprogram the restraint control module"

Rich

If this is a programming problem and they just dump a new program in, it will screw up our tune. Does anyone know for sure if this will or won't mess up our tune?

I had mine done. It didn't screw it up, but that doesn't mean that it can't be screwed up. I would talk to the mechanic that is going to be doing it to make sure he knows what he's doing in respect to what area of the ECM/PCM he will be touching.

If this is a programming problem and they just dump a new program in, it will screw up our tune. Does anyone know for sure if this will or won't mess up our tune?

I had mine done 3 days ago and asked my service writer the same question. His reply was NO, they wouldn't touch the module that controls the tune, that they had done several SGT's and no problem. Mine is fine. However, I'd ask just to make sure they're sure they know what they're doing.

Jim

I have worked on GM vehicles for over 10 years and from what i read from ford they are only going to reprogram the computer that controls the airbags. But that doesnt mean that they wont mess up the ecm program because all the computer have to talk to each other. Sometimes it happens... :censored:

My appointment for this recall repair is today...and dang it, wouldn't you know it would be RAINING!!! :angry2:

I call the Ford Racing Warranty number 1-800-367-3788 and the guy who answered seem to be confident that the PCM does get a new flash and the Ford dealer will have the Shelby GT tune to do it!

I call the Ford Racing Warranty number 1-800-367-3788 and the guy who answered seem to be confident that the PCM does get a new flash and the Ford dealer will have the Shelby GT tune to do it!

Yet dealers are saying they don't touch that? How would a dealer know to do a SGT tune when they already don't believe they are doing anything that is different for an SGT?

Ugh...

:banghead:

Until we know more looks like I will be keeping small "females" out of my front passenger seat, unrestrained, with the seat in the forward position.

:finger:

Yet dealers are saying they don't touch that? How would a dealer know to do a SGT tune when they already don't believe they are doing anything that is different for an SGT?

Ugh...

:banghead:

Until we know more looks like I will be keeping small "females" out of my front passenger seat, unrestrained, with the seat in the forward position.

:finger:

I agree. I may never take it in. I've had too many horrible conflicts in the past.

Had my recall work done yesterday...no problems at all. In fact, my car seems even more powerful than before!!! :headscratch:

Now I can safely take more females in my car :P Although, my wife might not approve... :finger:

Got my first oil / filter change also; I guess I should check under the hood...

Archived