TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock exhaust rumble or harmonic on highway...Need help

DarkShadow

I am having trouble pinpointing where a rumble is coming from while cruising on the highway. It's almost like a drone but the exhaust is stock, is this possible? It usually happens around 75-80 mph while in 5th or 6th gear and steady on the throttle. It is rather annoying. Not sure if it's an exhaust harmonic, the driveshaft or the rear end. I was just under the car last weekend and all exhaust components are tight. Have any of you experienced something similar? Yeah I tried a search and came up with garbage.

Thanks,

Joe

DS, somthing is not right with your car, My Shelby was so quiet I went out and bought after market mufflers so I could hear the darn thing. :shrug:

If it was your drive shaft you would think there would be some vibration going on. JMO

DS, somthing is not right with your car, My Shelby was so quiet I went out and bought after market mufflers so I could hear the darn thing. :shrug:

If it was your drive shaft you would think there would be some vibration going on. JMO

Yeah that's the thing, it's not really a vibration. It seems like a sound wave that has a really deep rumble to it. It's not always present either. Anyone have an idea?

Joe

Yeah that's the thing, it's not really a vibration. It seems like a sound wave that has a really deep rumble to it. It's not always present either. Anyone have an idea?

Joe

Not that it answers your question, but I couldn't hear anything wih the stock system. Now with the FRPP axle backs, we are very pleased. I hope your issue does not turn out to be serious.

Thanks for the link. This is beyond a little hum though. I'll have my buddy take it in. He's a tech at a local Ford dealer. He's taken it in once already for the first oil change and he didn't seem to think anything sounded outta sorts after mentioning it to him. We'll see what happens. Keep the suggestions coming though.

Joe

Archived