TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Only this group can appreciate my problem

Rarecat

I love my Ford service writer, she takes great care of me, my wife and our Fords. I just got back from my first $80 Oil Change and Airbag recall for the GT-500. Of course I waited for it and was a nervous wreck, despite my service writer ensuring the safety of my baby. After an hour or so, my car car is declared ready to go.....and here is the bump....they washed my car :censored::redcard:

Now normally I'd be appreciative of the extra care and attention but not this time, I almost screamed. My service writer thought I was insane (which I am) as I grumbled and hurried home to dry the car before the waterspots set in.... :unsure:

The good news is that with the limited mileage I put on the car, I probably won't be going back to get my oil changed again for another year or two...

Anyway, I figured this group could certianly understand my anguish and enjoy the absurity of my silly situation.... :runaway:

I love my Ford service writer, she takes great care of me, my wife and our Fords. I just got back from my first $80 Oil Change and Airbag recall for the GT-500. Of course I waited for it and was a nervous wreck, despite my service writer ensuring the safety of my baby. After an hour or so, my car car is declared ready to go.....and here is the bump....they washed my car :censored::redcard:

Now normally I'd be appreciative of the extra care and attention but not this time, I almost screamed. My service writer thought I was insane (which I am) as I grumbled and hurried home to dry the car before the waterspots set in.... :unsure:

The good news is that with the limited mileage I put on the car, I probably won't be going back to get my oil changed again for another year or two...

Anyway, I figured this group could certianly understand my anguish and enjoy the absurity of my silly situation.... :runaway:

If that was their only mistake and no permanant damage feel fortunate, NO HARM NO FOUL??????????

roflol.gif That's great. When I took my Shelby in for the tranny replacement, they asked if I wanted it washed as it got dusty sitting in the shop. I said Absolutely Not! I'm glad they had the sense to ask.

Rarecat, I understand your anxiety with your dealer washing your Shelby without first asking, especially since they didn't dry it down afterwards. Not good for any car, especially your baby. I took my '07 in yesterday for it's first oil change and air bag recall. I had been dreading the day. Kinda like sending your kid off to summer camp for the first time :hysterical: I have a pretty good understanding with my service writer. He assured me they would not touch the ECM module while doing the recall. I asked if he needed the $24 coupon for the oil change and he said "keep it for the next time as the first service was free". Cool!! In less time than it took me to order and eat a Tuna Melt at the dealer snack bar my pride and joy was waiting outside. I drove about 1/2 mile and stopped and checked under the hood. All clean, no oil spilled anywhere, underneath was clean, inside was cleaned, mirrors, radio, seat adjustment, everything just as I had left it. I was assured that in the future the same tech would be assigned to my car. That's a big load off my mind. Jim Happy :happy feet:

Jim

Funny how a simple successfull oil change can bring such joy after all the "dealers cant even do that without screwing it up" stories.

Sad but true

Funny how a simple successfull oil change can bring such joy after all the "dealers cant even do that without screwing it up" stories.

Don't get me started on that point. Day 20 in the shop...3rd tranny and 3rd set of gears. Kitty is not a happy camper. :banghead:

I'm always amused the way threads twist, turn and morph into different topics and ideas..... I'm happy with my dealer and the service they did, I just thought my own anal retentive response was silly.......

I'm always amused the way threads twist, turn and morph into different topics and ideas..... I'm happy with my dealer and the service they did, I just thought my own anal retentive response was silly.......

Similar story. THe day we picked ours up, the dealer needed to do their checks. I thought nothing of it until some kid pulls my baby in dripping with water. I FREAKED! Poor guy.

Copilot says there is medication available for my condition. :hysterical::hysterical:

This is funny....on Monday, I take my wifes GMC Yukon XL in for its first oil change. I waited patiently in the lounge, sipped some coffee, ate some free cookies, read a car magazine....then the big white Yukon comes rolling around the shop, all clean! I was like, wow, looks great. That was nice of them! However, if that was my Shelby, I would FLIP OUT!!!!!! :)

BTW, anything special I need to know before I attemp changing my oil myself in the Shelby GT?

I totally feel your pain and would have reacted the same exact way! When my husband took our Shelby in for the airbag recall I asked him to stand as close to her as possible and never take his eyes off of her while they did the work. I also called periodically. He told me he watched her the entire time but he's not nearly as freaky about these details as I am so I doubt he did. And she came back exactly as she left which is what mattered most.

It is totally neurotic and that's why this forum is so great - we understand and accept these quirks as normal!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If we weren't ANAL about our cars, we would not be car guys! I am the same way! I won't even let them drive it into the service bay!!!

This is why I change my own oil.

BTW.....Oil gets old after 6 months and needs to be changed.

I changed the oil on my 429CJ once a year, over the course of the last ten years. Only drove the car an average of 250 miles a year. I did put about 45,000 miles on the engine over a prior ten year period and changed the oil every 1000 miles, because I ran it hard. When we took the engine apart for inspection and freshening of bearings, rings, and roller cam install, the engine was clean with minimal wear.

I have found changing the oil once a year has worked good for me, as long as the mileage is less than 1000, the Shelby will get the same treatment.

Archived