TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Hoods

Thanks those are nice. I like the CF Ram air hood with heat extraction.

Yah I think I like it too. I didn't see it untill you mentioned it. For 1 grand and you don't have to pay for painting it, it's a bargain. It looks like the supersnake hood too.

I found a site that offers carbon fiber hoods for mustangs:

http://www.carbon-fiber-hoods.com/enter.ht...target=d22.html

I really like the 05-08 Ford Mustang SS Carbon Fiber Hood by Seibon

Check them out!!! :)

I called them, they didn't know that the hood is different on the GT500, they tried to tell me that all their 05-08 Mustang hoods will fit "all" 05-08 Mustangs... I think these guy are more into Rice than American muscle.

I really like the 05-08 Ford Mustang SS Carbon Fiber Hood by Seibon

I just got my Seibon SS Carbon Fiber Hood yesterday from Page over at Stillen. It is a very cool, aggressive hood and the center section reminds me of the 2000 Cobra R. Here is the SS hood on my Mustang. It is just set on and not installed yet. One note in this hood, there is not a lot of clearance under it. There is no room for strut tower braces or Factory plenum covers if you have one. The Seibon hoods vary, so look carefully. For example the CD hood has a ton of clearance if you need it. Also, the carbon fiber looks great!

post-3252-1206670966_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1206670985_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1206671005_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1206670966_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1206670985_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1206671005_thumb.jpg

I just got my Seibon SS Carbon Fiber Hood yesterday from Page over at Stillen. It is a very cool, aggressive hood and the center section reminds me of the 2000 Cobra R. Here is the SS hood on my Mustang. It is just set on and not installed yet. One note in this hood, there is not a lot of clearance under it. There is no room for strut tower braces or Factory plenum covers if you have one. The Seibon hoods vary, so look carefully. For example the CD hood has a ton of clearance if you need it. Also, the carbon fiber looks great!

Tispco thanks for your pics. Can you take some close ones if you do not mind? I just want to see the creases, if the hood aligns well on the fenders or is it too close on one side and not on the other? Thanks

I haven't worked with Carbon Fiber much...anyone know how difficult it would be to install the hood pins with one of these hoods?

I want to know too because it looks like when you drill holes it might ruin the fiber weave.

Archived