TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ready to buy GT-H coupe

ITHERTZ

I hope you find one. I have seen one sell for $30, but it was really rough and at an auction. Stripes were completely shot and drivers seat was cracked and worn. I have seen a couple decent ones sell for $31-$32 with around 22K miles. That was about three months ago. It looks like bottom prices have moved up a bit in the past couple months to $33-$35 as there are not many left out there for sale as a first owner after Hertz. It is nice being the first owner after Hertz, as you get all the info from Hertz and the Shelby stuff, all mailed to you in your name. Most for sale right now are low milage cars where they are asking $40+. Keep watching e-bay, autotrader.com, and others, hopefully you find what you are looking for. It will be interesting to see where prices go over the next couple years. They may drop a bit, but.......

your going to have to move your expectations up to about 34k.most of the good deals are gone and the guys who got the real ruff units have already repainted and striped them.I hope you find one but your a little low with your price.

Alot low I'd say!

Oh, I'm not arguing with you. :drool: I think that there will be ones in the future bought at a lower price.

With the reports on the condition of the convertibles coming in (trashed), I think the coupes will be the collectibles in the future. The one's who wanted them, have them. The old supply and demand thing.

No prob!! :rockon: There are very few left in this price area. There are quite a few nice coupes out there for sale. Believe me, I think I found them all a few months ago. There are still some dealers out there that have them priced in the $75K range. There are fewer and fewer of them in the market. The price does seem to me moving back up slightly since the supply is shrinking.

The market has spoken. 1K mile car, unrented, unabused - $44K auction

Seems to me I'm not too much off

Which one would you want to have, #007 with 13k miles for $51k, or a 1k mile never rented higher number GT-H for $44k?

Which one would you want to have, #007 with 13k miles for $51k, or a 1k mile never rented higher number GT-H for $44k?

what's in a number if it is not 1 or 500. give me the one that was never rented. wish i would have waited. price went down i jumped didn't think i would have a better chance.

Assuming the price is right and the quality of the car is okay, then mileage is just a number, too! Those recent sales seem to show that, like you said, unless it is #1 or #500 (or maybe one of the stick-shift rarities), there might not be any value in keeping these cars in bubble wrap and never driving them.

We have a TS member that only sells GTH cars. I forgot his handle right now, but I suspect that he can help you find what you are looking for.

We have a TS member that only sells GTH cars. I forgot his handle right now, but I suspect that he can help you find what you are looking for.

Hertz world is his handle. Name is Dennis. He's an honest guy to work with, however I think they are out of cars.

Hertz world is his handle. Name is Dennis. He's an honest guy to work with, however I think they are out of cars.

I bought my GT-H #298 from Dennis and he is a good guy however, Aloha Liquidations was the dealership he worked for and they are now out of business. Bummer....

Dennis still goes by Hertzworld as his Team Shelby handle.

Randy

I bought my GT-H #298 from Dennis and he is a good guy however, Aloha Liquidations was the dealership he worked for and they are now out of business. Bummer....

Dennis still goes by Hertzworld as his Team Shelby handle.

Randy

I was wondering what happened to Dennis. He was helping me with GTH locations

Assuming the price is right and the quality of the car is okay, then mileage is just a number, too! Those recent sales seem to show that, like you said, unless it is #1 or #500 (or maybe one of the stick-shift rarities), there might not be any value in keeping these cars in bubble wrap and never driving them.

your correct. i am not keeping mine in a bubble. not a daily driver either but should be. this is one of the funnest cars i've owned. if had to do all over would have one to drive everyday and one to show. not made of money so drive from time to time and show when i can. :happy feet:

Archived