TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger Upgrade Question

zcp789

I want to add a little more punch to my '08 GT500. In looking at all of the supercharger upgrades available, I am really leaning towards one of the TVS kits (because i do not want to have to cut the hood or change it all together). 605hp's seems like a ton. However 735 or 775 hp's might be even better....

For those of you who have upgraded the supercharger with whatever the kit (TVS/FRPP, Whipple, Kenne Bell, etc), does the car become unstreetable when you get that much horsepower? My car is a driver, not a racer, so I do not want to lose practicality.

I want to add a little more punch to my '08 GT500. In looking at all of the supercharger upgrades available, I am really leaning towards one of the TVS kits (because i do not want to have to cut the hood or change it all together). 605hp's seems like a ton. However 735 or 775 hp's might be even better....

For those of you who have upgraded the supercharger with whatever the kit (TVS/FRPP, Whipple, Kenne Bell, etc), does the car become unstreetable when you get that much horsepower? My car is a driver, not a racer, so I do not want to lose practicality.

I got the TVS stage 4 and, like you, I'm not a racer. Everythings good when you get used to it, but at first I thought I had gone too extreme with the hp. Just have to respect it a lot more than I used to. Traction is non-existant.

I got the TVS stage 4 and, like you, I'm not a racer. Everythings good when you get used to it, but at first I thought I had gone too extreme with the hp. Just have to respect it a lot more than I used to. Traction is non-existant.

Question.....when you go down the supercharger upgrade trail, do you start to effect other systems.... fuel pumps etc....??

Question.....when you go down the supercharger upgrade trail, do you start to effect other systems.... fuel pumps etc....??

Well, according to Fred @ Evo, with the TVS you don't need fuel upgrades. I'm still using the stock pumps and injectors. The one thing that is recommended to upgrade is the heat exchanger, which makes sense. The factory one I guess is sufficient for stock, but once you start increasing boost, you need to keep those temps low. Also, the crank pulley should be changed (if it's an 07) even if you are just going with a smaller pulley on the stock blower. Ford realized their blunder and redesigned it for the 08 models.

I have a SS hood and will be going with the whipple just won't have to lower my engine. I am probably going to wait for the 725hp version that requires upgraded injectors.

I have the whipple on my GT and have been very happy with the results and Dustin and his company.

Archived