TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for It

cal66

I am on a quest to find a GT-H Shelby Convertible, low milage preferable but higher milage if in excellent condition. I am in S. Cal. Willing to ship. Prices on ebay, auto trader a bit steep. Anyone with any leads? Appreciate your help.

I haven't seen any real low milage cars under $60 yet. Like the 06 Coupes, it will probably take a year for the values to really drop. There is one on e-bay right now at a Hertz dealer in Utah with 634 miles on it. Not sure what the reserve is, but I believe they are asking $65K on their web site. It will probably be 6-12 months before we see any values below $45K I would think. With the economy the way it is, perhaps sooner.

Link to e-bay auction

Best of luck to you! I and many others believe that the Hertz cars will be the most collectible in the future, but can also be enjoyed thoroughly!

I am on a quest to find a GT-H Shelby Convertible, low milage preferable but higher milage if in excellent condition. I am in S. Cal. Willing to ship. Prices on ebay, auto trader a bit steep. Anyone with any leads? Appreciate your help.

Jeff,

Thanks for post. It seems like the best strategy might be to hold off buying anything for about 6 months, then with some luck, pick up a GT-H vert with a few thousand miles on it for between $40,000 and $45,000? It's tricky without the crystal ball. I've seen the same GT-H vert you describe on ebay. Low milage is great but what a premium! I want to drive it on weekends, not leave it on a trailer or in a garage. Friends say wait for price drop or bite the bullit. I think the coupe definitely has more punch in looks, but for long term investment and with funds for only one GT-H, I believe my search will be for the vert. Any other thoughts about finding "my next set of wheels"? Appreciate feed back!

I think there are 3 on ebay right now.

The one in FL has been on ebay a number of times before.

I saw that one in person at the auction in Concord NC. It is in better shape than most of the others that were there, but is still in "rented" condition.

Have fun in your search.

I haven't seen any real low milage cars under $60 yet. Like the 06 Coupes, it will probably take a year for the values to really drop. There is one on e-bay right now at a Hertz dealer in Utah with 634 miles on it. Not sure what the reserve is, but I believe they are asking $65K on their web site. It will probably be 6-12 months before we see any values below $45K I would think. With the economy the way it is, perhaps sooner.

Link to e-bay auction

Best of luck to you! I and many others believe that the Hertz cars will be the most collectible in the future, but can also be enjoyed thoroughly!

Jeff, I found a 2007 GT-H convertible with low low miles. Bought today, will be delivered within a few weeks to me in S. Cal in a closed transporter. I think I paid a bit much but when you get bit by the snake it's hard to shake it off. I like the wheel tire set up on your coupe but want to try the American Racing Shelby S1 chromes with the same size wheels and tires you have. Do the tires contact the wheel wells when you go over bumps? What do readers think about having Shelby install a manual transmission? Bad idea? Super charger? Thats about the only tinkering I was considering. Lastly, I read somewhere that registering the car through Shelby and getting a signed and numbered metal dash plate is something I should request. Thanks I am having trouble sleeping waiting for the car!

Very nice! You will love it. I was shocked, but I can't get it to rub the tires at all. I imagine if I had some heavy weights in the back seat, that it would be possible on the rears. But I have gone through some pretty good bumps with no rub at all. I don't know that Shelby does any manual tranny conversions, they might, but I don't know. There are 17 07 converts in existence, but those did start out as manual GT converts before they had the Shelby conversion done. There are a few guys who have added super chargers, nobody seems to mind. I would love to do it, but will probably wait on that if I do it at all. I would certainly rather have Shelby do it so that it is recorded in their Oasis system as an actual Shelby modification. But, to each their own, all of these cars are built to be enjoyed. Yes, when you get your car, make sure that you register your car with Shelby and contact Adrienne at Shelby directly and she will send you your Shelby packet. It's also a must to contact Hertz and have them send you the packet of info from them. You will get many great pieces of original paperwork from them. I have the contact info at home, I'm not there right now. It's also posted in the threads here somewhere if you take a search around. Bummer that you have to wait for the transportation now. It will be there soon enough, but you may have some sleepless nights for sure. When I finally found mine, I just ended up flying out that week and driving it home! Congrats! :happy feet:

Very nice! You will love it. I was shocked, but I can't get it to rub the tires at all. I imagine if I had some heavy weights in the back seat, that it would be possible on the rears. But I have gone through some pretty good bumps with no rub at all. I don't know that Shelby does any manual tranny conversions, they might, but I don't know. There are 17 07 converts in existence, but those did start out as manual GT converts before they had the Shelby conversion done. There are a few guys who have added super chargers, nobody seems to mind. I would love to do it, but will probably wait on that if I do it at all. I would certainly rather have Shelby do it so that it is recorded in their Oasis system as an actual Shelby modification. But, to each their own, all of these cars are built to be enjoyed. Yes, when you get your car, make sure that you register your car with Shelby and contact Adrienne at Shelby directly and she will send you your Shelby packet. It's also a must to contact Hertz and have them send you the packet of info from them. You will get many great pieces of original paperwork from them. I have the contact info at home, I'm not there right now. It's also posted in the threads here somewhere if you take a search around. Bummer that you have to wait for the transportation now. It will be there soon enough, but you may have some sleepless nights for sure. When I finally found mine, I just ended up flying out that week and driving it home! Congrats! :happy feet:

I should wait for the car to get here but I want to start with selecting some great wheels & tires, then sit and save a few dollars for additional stuff. I would appreciate any input on the tire size, specifically the rear tires. I have been looking at a lot of the photos and decided the Black Razors are the wheel for the vert, but I want to know if the 285/35/20's will fit ok. The fronts will be the same as you listed, the 255/35/20's.

I have sold a ton of GTHs. When they start running thru the Ford sales I think you will be able to buy a vert for 45k. We were just discussing this very topic

When they start at the Ford sale I will PM you which cars we end up with.

michael morris

Michael,

Thanks for getting back. I just bought (sleeeepless) a 2007 GT-H vert, probably for more than I should have but its got less than 300 miles, never titled. I am waiting (not very patiently) to get it transported to S. Cal but I hope to be able to get a GT-H coupe later this year, any milage but want the cosmetics to be excellent and the mechanics to be sound. If price is right, I will end up with a nice pair of GT-H's. When I'm ready, I'll post another message. How do I get in touch with you to see whats available?

Archived