TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW 2008 SHELBY GT500 OWNER

ACCLERCR

Hello all!

I am brand new to the site, and have a quick question, as I just picked up my 2008 Shelby GT500 yesterday.

In the trunk area, the rt side (passenger side), as the wall liner wraps around the side toward the back of the vehicle and tucks (or should) itself behind the plastic panel (rear of car), mine is a good 1-1/2 inches SHORT, and is just touching the inside of the plastic piece (which purpose is to hold this area together). The left side is perfect, but there seems to be a design flaw on the right side. I noticed it because the piece was already in flapped-out mode (and does come out very easily, as there is barely an 1/8 of an inch contact to keep it from flapping out). Inside this inner wall piece is a white insulated liner, just as another observation.

Can you do me a HUGE favor and check both sides of your trunk wall liner to see if you have the same issue I have? And, please, please advise what I should do outside of letting my salesman know of this. Again, it's a preformed fabric that's bolted in at specific points, and that's why I feel that it's a design defect, and not an installation issue. I'm really surprised that this was not caught during Quality review. I am going to request that it is replaced.

Please help...thanks!

Congrats...and welcome to this forum.

It will be helpful to post photos. Here is the link to how to:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...,posting,photos

Will try by the weekend...thanks. Also, I just realized that I dropped my first message under the 2009 (are they making these by the way) and not the 2008 forum.

Does your car have the problem I just found?

Will try by the weekend...thanks. Also, I just realized that I dropped my first message under the 2009 (are they making these by the way) and not the 2008 forum.

Does your car have the problem I just found?

Congrats on the GT500 and welcome to the forum. I moved you post to the 08 section

And yes Ford is building and 09

michael morris

No it seems perfectly aligned ..

Ok, thanks...I will bring it to my salesman's attention...

Anyone else have this defect?

Also, if anyone can remove the other thread that was transferred from the "2009" forum, I'd appreciate that.

What do you guys feel about 2009 GT500s being manufactured? I purchased my 2008 under the premise that it was the final year...

Ok, thanks...I will bring it to my salesman's attention...

Anyone else have this defect?

Also, if anyone can remove the other thread that was transferred from the "2009" forum, I'd appreciate that.

What do you guys feel about 2009 GT500s being manufactured? I purchased my 2008 under the premise that it was the final year...

It is a great car....still the 2009 numbers will not make it less great....just the fact that it is the reunion of shelby and ford after 40 years gives me the goose bumps ...You will not regret buying it once you hear the supercharger whine. :dance:

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. I wanted a GT500 and now I've got one so I'm happy. I know the car probably won't appreciate in value during my lifetime because there's always something new and "better" coming down the line from the car companies. I don't care if they make a million of 'em, I'll have a blast driving the one I have & if I ever get tired of it I'll get something else.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. I wanted a GT500 and now I've got one so I'm happy. I know the car probably won't appreciate in value during my lifetime because there's always something new and "better" coming down the line from the car companies. I don't care if they make a million of 'em, I'll have a blast driving the one I have & if I ever get tired of it I'll get something else.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Thanks, and thanks "sharabi" as well (thanks for replying)...I agree with both of you, and, yes, oh that sound of the supercharger...I now have about 70 miles on mine, and the blower sounds like an aircraft engine when it's just started...who needs a radio?

Can you guys recommend some cleaning products? Looking for a spray & wipe type (without washing the car)...also, what is the best product for the front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser area, as these are of plastic material? The serivce guys at the dealership recommended a silicone-type spray, as it will keep the black color from turning white over time. Then we have the tires and the wheels. Please advise if you know...thanks again!

On another note, have you guys heard that sound that comes from below the shifter when shifting?...I like the sound but I'm not sure if it's normal or not...it appears that it's just the sound of the exhaust resonating upwards into the cabin. Just wondering...don't go crazy on this one, as I was born with the curse of being very detailed and aware of every little sound.

Thanks, and thanks "sharabi" as well (thanks for replying)...I agree with both of you, and, yes, oh that sound of the supercharger...I now have about 70 miles on mine, and the blower sounds like an aircraft engine when it's just started...who needs a radio?

Can you guys recommend some cleaning products? Looking for a spray & wipe type (without washing the car)...also, what is the best product for the front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser area, as these are of plastic material? The serivce guys at the dealership recommended a silicone-type spray, as it will keep the black color from turning white over time. Then we have the tires and the wheels. Please advise if you know...thanks again!

On another note, have you guys heard that sound that comes from below the shifter when shifting?...I like the sound but I'm not sure if it's normal or not...it appears that it's just the sound of the exhaust resonating upwards into the cabin. Just wondering...don't go crazy on this one, as I was born with the curse of being very detailed and aware of every little sound.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...st&p=365463. I also used the ACF50, Sharabi mentioned. It didn't spray pink-more purplish-but wiped on as a clear and oily substance. I did keep the engine compartment looking fresh. There is not much you can do with the water spot build up on your anti-freeze reservior overflow containers. When washing your car, soap and water will funnel through the hood vents and pool up around the top of these bottles as well as the the hoses. I can only recommend you lift the hood after each wash and wipe them dry before firing up that engine causing these areas to heat up and fusing those annoying soap rings to your parts and pieces. I also looked at the Adams line as suggested by the next thread and although they have a great video tutorial, their prices are a little too much for the work you have to put into getting the same results. As far as the echoing under the shifter boot noise (possibly wind noise)? I haven't heard such a sound. There is sound deadening material to keep that area quiet. Open your center console lid and pop off the little emergency brake cable adjustment access panel on the left (driver side) next to the 12 volt power recepticle. Get a flashlight and a mirror and look to see if you have the pamper looking material. Now, if you're referring to the x-pipe hum, then you'll just have to accept the fact that your muscle car is flexing it's muscle.

Airborne

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...st&p=365463. I also used the ACF50, Sharabi mentioned. It didn't spray pink-more purplish-but wiped on as a clear and oily substance. I did keep the engine compartment looking fresh. There is not much you can do with the water spot build up on your anti-freeze reservior overflow containers. When washing your car, soap and water will funnel through the hood vents and pool up around the top of these bottles as well as the the hoses. I can only recommend you lift the hood after each wash and wipe them dry before firing up that engine causing these areas to heat up and fusing those annoying soap rings to your parts and pieces. I also looked at the Adams line as suggested by the next thread and although they have a great video tutorial, their prices are a little too much for the work you have to put into getting the same results. As far as the echoing under the shifter boot noise (possibly wind noise)? I haven't heard such a sound. There is sound deadening material to keep that area quiet. Open your center console lid and pop off the little emergency brake cable adjustment access panel on the left (driver side) next to the 12 volt power recepticle. Get a flashlight and a mirror and look to see if you have the pamper looking material. Now, if you're referring to the x-pipe hum, then you'll just have to accept the fact that your muscle car is flexing it's muscle.

Airborne

Thanks for the detailed response...well appreciated! Yes, the throaty noise between 1st and 2nd, I think it's just the airflow...cool sound though....perhaps the snake is just clearing her throat beteen stages...ha, ha...

Poor boys spray and wipe

This is by far the most useful and best detailing product you will ever use.

If you get this and don't like it, Ill pay pal you the money for it, all I ask is that you give it to me :D

It is the most slippery detailing spray you can buy and leaves an amazing shine, also works on glass and plastic unlike most!

Archived