TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TORCH RED SUPER SNAKE COUPE!!!

Hey Michael,

I know you are being peppered with questions but....how does the exhaust compare to the stock exhaust? How much louder at idle and at RPM's. Thanks in advance, steve

This is a tough question for me. I only drove the car for 2 days before it was SS. The car was delivered straight from Ford to SAI. I drove it during the BB in January. So much going on that weekend I never really cant compare it, but I have a new GT500 do in at anytime and I will put them side by side and compare for yall. I dont think its any louder than factory, but will let yall know tomorrow or the next day.

michael morris

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You let your wife drive the car already!!!????

:slapfight::finger::redcard::hysterical:

Trust me...his wife can probably drive better than most men on here :hysterical: When Michael got the "car" in Vegas before it became a SS, she got in that thing and smoked the tires like crazyyyyyy :happy feet: :hysterical: She made us gal drivers proud !! :happy feet:

I just can't imagine the whiplash you will get in that car with 725 hp ! I had whiplash riding in it when it was a measly GT500 :hysterical::hysterical3:

Thanks EVERYONE for looking at my car. Im very proud of it! Yes Brandi can drive the wheels off a car, but please dont tell her I said that! :hysterical:

Alcoa promotes these wheels like you can just pull up and SPRAY them off and they are clean, Well I hate to say this, but.... They are RIGHT!!!! I havent put many miles on it, like 10, but the wheels had some duston them so I decided to spray them off when I pulled the car inside for the night. I was AMAZED how clean they become with just alittle water.

Just thought yall would want to know.

michael morris

Trust me...his wife can probably drive better than most men on here :hysterical: When Michael got the "car" in Vegas before it became a SS, she got in that thing and smoked the tires like crazyyyyyy :happy feet: :hysterical: She made us gal drivers proud !! :happy feet:

I just can't imagine the whiplash you will get in that car with 725 hp ! I had whiplash riding in it when it was a measly GT500 :hysterical::hysterical3:

Just was kidding :hysterical::hysterical:

I'm sure she's a great driver! Im just jealous cause mines not done yet.

MM,

Did you get any special documentation with the SS? She looks mean, dude...

Not yet! I have EVERY email that I ever sent on the car. Doesnt matter who it was to or what it was about I have saved and printed them. Im not thinking the car will be very collectable anytime soon, but when my grandkids decided to get rid of it I want them to have all the paperwork. I bought a 69 mach 1 a few years ago from the orginal owner and he had the letter from the sales guy and recall letters and junk like that. I LOVED it. Im a Document WHORE! The more paperwork I can get for the car the happier :happy feet: I am!

You name it and I bet I have it for this car. In 40 years somebody is going to have a fit over this car :hysterical:

michael morris

Thanks EVERYONE for looking at my car. Im very proud of it! Yes Brandi can drive the wheels off a car, but please dont tell her I said that! :hysterical:

Alcoa promotes these wheels like you can just pull up and SPRAY them off and they are clean, Well I hate to say this, but.... They are RIGHT!!!! I havent put many miles on it, like 10, but the wheels had some duston them so I decided to spray them off when I pulled the car inside for the night. I was AMAZED how clean they become with just alittle water.

Just thought yall would want to know.

michael morris

Working those Baer brakes already? Easy cleaning that's good to know. Thanks

Just recovered conciousness from viewing your photos Monday!!!

WOW!!!

I swear it looks like it shoots fire from the exhuast!!

Here is a plate for you that is accurate-

VET ETR

or

THEFASTESTSTANGONTHEPLANET\\ :happy feet:

sorry, typing in dark...

LOL

Just recovered conciousness from viewing your photos Monday!!!

WOW!!!

I swear it looks like it shoots fire from the exhuast!!

Here is a plate for you that is accurate-

VET ETR

or

THEFASTESTSTANGONTHEPLANET\\ :happy feet:

sorry, typing in dark...

LOL

The tag is ordered but hasnt made it in yet....

08SS014

Kinda neat, but not real orginal :hysterical:

michael morris

Hi all,

I just wanted to clear up a couple of things.......

1. ALL 40th's and SS's will have the proper documentation. What we have been doing here is, if the customer personally picks up the vehicle, the paper work is given to them right then and there. If the vehicle is shipped, we personally mail the paper work to the customer. This way there is a lessor chance of the paper work dissapearing or getting damaged.

2. The ar that are getting the 725hp set up--the strut bar does not fit over the blower. We are in the process of having one developed so that it will fit the KB and the SS hood. As for one fitting a stock GT500 hood, I do not know if it fits or not. As soonas I am informed, I will post the info ASAP for all to see :happy feet:

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Hi all,

1. ALL 40th's and SS's will have the proper documentation. What we have been doing here is, if the customer personally picks up the vehicle, the paper work is given to them right then and there. If the vehicle is shipped, we personally mail the paper work to the customer. This way there is a lessor chance of the paper work dissapearing or getting damaged.

2. The ar that are getting the 725hp set up--the strut bar does not fit over the blower. We are in the process of having one developed so that it will fit the KB and the SS hood. As for one fitting a stock GT500 hood, I do not know if it fits or not. As soonas I am informed, I will post the info ASAP for all to see :happy feet:

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Thanks for the info Bud. I will be delivering and picking up both SS and 40th cars. I look forward to bugging you when my cars gets called up. :hysterical:

Thanks,

Dan

Hi all,

Thanks!!!

Bud

Thank you Bud. I will be personally picking up my SS from Tasca....

This is a tough question for me. I only drove the car for 2 days before it was SS. The car was delivered straight from Ford to SAI. I drove it during the BB in January. So much going on that weekend I never really cant compare it, but I have a new GT500 do in at anytime and I will put them side by side and compare for yall. I dont think its any louder than factory, but will let yall know tomorrow or the next day.

michael morris

MM, I hope it IS louder than stock. Stock exhausts aren't loud at all in comparison to other aftermarket exhaust Mfgrs.

They are the same as the Cal special and SGT. They have black plastic inside them. I will post a close up of both tonight. Yall might not think this, but I brought the camera AGAIN :hysterical: :happy feet: .

michael morris

MM,

Could you please take a pic of the rocker panel striping and wording next time you're shooting - can't quite make it out in the pic.

Thanks

Bob

Thanks for sharing the picture. Maybe it is just the picture and in person it looks different but does the rocker panel really look like it was cut off with a hack saw, the top part of it on the fender? Looks unfinished or not painted? I need to go look at my stock one now.

Thanks for sharing the picture. Maybe it is just the picture and in person it looks different but does the rocker panel really look like it was cut off with a hack saw, the top part of it on the fender? Looks unfinished or not painted? I need to go look at my stock one now.

Its JUST the picture!!! The rocker looks GREAT! I didnt mean to stir up anything. Just showing a picture of the tape stripe. I swear the rocker is AWESOME!!!!

michael morris

I think that may just be the nature of the carbon fibre, when a cross cut is made in it. Not sure though... Once road dirt gets in there, it will likely be there for good, and help hide the white. Or a little touch-up paint will do wonders.

For you sir,

MM124.jpg

michael morris

Mike, I don't want to blow out your candles, but I just noticed something in this photo that is different on your CF rocker panel vs. the shots I took of the proto type. The reason I bring this up is because SAI trimmed the edge off your CF & now it's exposed to the elements & water will cause it to break down over time due to not being protected (sealed with clearcoat). look at this photo I have & tell me if you can see the difference. (ps: I'm just looking out for ya ;) ) & you might want to check all CF parts for this?

post-768-1206801496_thumb.jpg

post-768-1206801496_thumb.jpg

Archived