TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TORCH RED SUPER SNAKE COUPE!!!

Let me guess.... the closest high walled canyon or tunnel is two hours away, right? :hysterical:

Well then young man, it seems to me that you'll just have to bring that bad boy out here to So Cal where we have plenty of canyons, tunnels, overpasses, and of course traffic, but not where we'll be driving!

In the meantime, if you can't find that kind of terrain near you, then go downtown (you do have a towndown, don't you?) next to the high rise buildings (you do have at least two high rise buildings, don't you?) and let everyone hear your car's exhaust note bouncing off the walls!

We do have a downtown, but the highrise in 2 stories high!!!! Can we say SMALL town. :hysterical: We drove it about 30 miles today. The new mufflers sound GREAT. Ill find me an overpass tomorrow.

michael morris

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, remember to break her in correctly before you romp on her...

So hurry up and drive her already, so you can tell us her she really handles in the turns, moves so sweatly down the road, and winds up, cuts loose and move out..... Dam I need to take mine for an afternoon workout.

No more post go dirve, for goodnees sake.....

enjoy

Some folks asked for a few more pics, so here yall go

First is the Quarter window scoop up close

Second is the front brake ducts

Third is the rear brake duct

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

michael morris

i suprized that the stock lower control arms did not get replaced in the SS upgrade????

Heres alittle info none of us has talked about! I drove the about 50 miles yesterday. Some interstate and some in town. The car rides fine the new mufflers sound GREAT. The car is SUPER quick. Going down the interstate at 80 MPH and drop the car to 4th and she SCREAMS down the road. I havent had this much fun with my cloths on in a LONG time.

OH yea back to why I started this. Any guess on the gas mileage in those 50 miles. Never really goosed the car until I was almost home. But that didnt really figure into the gas mileage. I had already been watching it.

So start guessing. They are no prizes for the winner, but this should still be fun. Lets say I post the answer at 5pm. That will give us plenty time to throw out some number. Remember the mileage was me not really getting into the KB MUCH!

michael morris

Just finished with the mufflers and they sound AWESOME. I know they will sound better the more I drive the car. I had my Bro-law bring his camera and video tape the sound before and after. It be will tonight (again) before I can figure out how to post them. Im thinking YOUTUBE and then post the link.

michael morris

MM,

Previous posts state that SAI mounted 275's on the rear of this SS package.

First, is that true - Does your car have 275's on the rear.

Second, how do you like the look.

I just can't imagine going in reverse and mounting slimmer tires than stock.

I'm more concerned with the look than the performance, for now. (that'll change quickly)

Thanks

Bob

MM,

Previous posts state that SAI mounted 275's on the rear of this SS package.

First, is that true - Does your car have 275's on the rear.

Second, how do you like the look.

I just can't imagine going in reverse and mounting slimmer tires than stock.

I'm more concerned with the look than the performance, for now. (that'll change quickly)

Thanks

Bob

They look GREAT! The wheels are wider so they look correct

michael morris

Heres alittle info none of us has talked about! I drove the about 50 miles yesterday. Some interstate and some in town. The car rides fine the new mufflers sound GREAT. The car is SUPER quick. Going down the interstate at 80 MPH and drop the car to 4th and she SCREAMS down the road. I havent had this much fun with my cloths on in a LONG time.

OH yea back to why I started this. Any guess on the gas mileage in those 50 miles. Never really goosed the car until I was almost home. But that didnt really figure into the gas mileage. I had already been watching it.

So start guessing. They are no prizes for the winner, but this should still be fun. Lets say I post the answer at 5pm. That will give us plenty time to throw out some number. Remember the mileage was me not really getting into the KB MUCH!

michael morris

What am I afraid of? :jackinbox:

Sorry guys Im late.

The car got 10.8 there and back. I might have goosed it more than I should, but when yalls get there then you will know how hard it is to drive something with a TON of power and not get into some :hysterical:

michael morris

2.8 KB gets about 1 GPG....that screwed your MPG...Oh yea GPG~"Gallon Per Goose" Mike did you notice a frequent loud whinning from under the hood? You gotta feed the bease!!! :spend:

:superhero:

Yes the car has BORLA exhaust on it. SAI changed from JBA because it would pass CAFE.

michael morris

How's the ride? Is it really stiff? Does it take bumps well? How about bumps going around a turn...does the tail end jump out on you?

Sorry guys Im late.

The car got 10.8 there and back. I might have goosed it more than I should, but when yalls get there then you will know how hard it is to drive something with a TON of power and not get into some :hysterical:

michael morris

Yowzer, 10.8?! I have no complaints then. With an avarage speed of 80 MPH including a 1.1 mile speed run at 145 MPH, on the way back from Vegas my average MPG was 19.6.

And don't forget the 3:73's. They also contribute to the poor MPG too, so you might want to consider using 5th and 6th gear more often. With the lower diff gears and the additional blower power on tap, using 5th and 6th gear at lower speeds does not cause the engine to lug as much as you would think it would. Since the conversion, I can now climb a 30 degree incline at 35 MPH in 3rd gear (3,200 RPM), something that I would have had to do in 2nd gear (3,800 RPM) before.

10.8? Son, you must have had your foot in it more than you think; otherwise you might want to consider buying an oil derrick in Texas, or maybe you could convert it to run on Peach Juice. :hysterical:

Not sure if anyone else post this

but u need to take a video of the SS and post it on youtube or something like that, so we all can hear the beast. :happy feet:

I already have the video. My brolaw is trying to email it to me. If I dont get it tonight I will have it at work tomorrow and post it then.

michael morris

Yowzer, 10.8?! I have no complaints then. With an avarage speed of 80 MPH including a 1.1 mile speed run at 145 MPH, on the way back from Vegas my average MPG was 19.6.

And don't forget the 3:73's. They also contribute to the poor MPG too, so you might want to consider using 5th and 6th gear more often. With the lower diff gears and the additional blower power on tap, using 5th and 6th gear at lower speeds does not cause the engine to lug as much as you would think it would. Since the conversion, I can now climb a 30 degree incline at 35 MPH in 3rd gear (3,200 RPM), something that I would have had to do in 2nd gear (3,800 RPM) before.

10.8? Son, you must have had your foot in it more than you think; otherwise you might want to consider buying an oil derrick in Texas, or maybe you could convert it to run on Peach Juice. :hysterical:

I might have been in it more than I like to admit :hysterical3::hysterical::hysterical:

I was having a BLAST folks!!!! Screw the MPG!!! This car is AWESOME :happy feet: I cant tell yall how much fun it is. Im a car guy not an English Major. I dont have the words for this BEAST!!!

Someone did ask if the car was for sale because it was sitting on the showroom, I have 5-6 guys ask me everyday if its for sale. Of course I say NO. I will end up selling a couple of SSs because this car is on the showroom. I need to get in touch with SAI and get them to send me a SS DEMO that I can keep around the store. :hysterical: ( not mine, I need another one!!!)

I will reset the MPG and drive the car this weekend and see what its really getting. I hope I can drive it without GOOSING it to much ( NOT GOING TO HAPPEN )

michael morris

How's the ride? Is it really stiff? Does it take bumps well? How about bumps going around a turn...does the tail end jump out on you?

It is stiff, but rides real well. The only time my wife complained is when the road was rough. The car didnt like it to much. To be honest I havent been in a turn thats bumpy. We have GREAT roads in GA. Hard to find a bad road around here.

michael morris

I have a surprise for yall next Monday or Tuesday. Its going to be AWESOME!!!!

Yall are going to LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

michael morris

COME ON! No doing that! You have the beast, we don't, and now you're going to leave us HANGING?!! I'm going to Chicago next Tuesday, so won't know 'til I get back. Don't do this!

Are you giving free rides? Raffling the car? What??? :lurk:

Archived