TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TORCH RED SUPER SNAKE COUPE!!!

Is there a way to have the TC default to off when the vehicle starts?

You can do that through a tune.

Yes, but be aware that the TC active icon (the swerving car icon) will remain illuminated at all times if you set the TC default to off, and it can't be turned on either. Just an FYI in case that might bug you.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I had ordered it back in November (was scheduled for an early May delivery). Unfortunately, I took a heavy hit of reality when I returned home to find that the trade in values were way less than I expected on what I currently own. Went to numerous dealers etc. and eventually realized that I was stuck with what I have and that the Shelby was going to have to wait. I knew I was going to lose some money in the deal but when I found out how much dealers were actually willing to pay for my trade in, I had to cancel the order.

No worries, life goes on and maybe I can pick up a GT500 before they are all gone. I figure I have about a year to figure it out/save money.

I have the Eibach and so far I really like it. I havent driven it alot, but I did get to drive on a short curvy and it drove GREAT. The brakes are REAL good, again I havent really pushed them hard.

How do you know they DONT say Super Snake? They dont, but I havent put the SAI mats in the car. I opened the box and looked at them, but Im NOT going to put them in. Im using the factory black mats.

Once I took the TC off the car is a BLAST to drive. That DANG TC really had me screwed up for a day or so, but now its AWESOME.

I cant wait for yall to get your cars!!!!

michael morris

MM, concerning the mats I noticed them on a SS and e-mailed Bud and he told me that they do no say Super Snake on them...I think that they should say Super Snake, just like the 40th the mats say 40th Anniversary on them. I just found them to plain for that package. Cause when you open the door the mats look plain...IMHO....no offense for those who like them like that...thanks

MM, concerning the mats I noticed them on a SS and e-mailed Bud and he told me that they do no say Super Snake on them...I think that they should say Super Snake, just like the 40th the mats say 40th Anniversary on them. I just found them to plain for that package. Cause when you open the door the mats look plain...IMHO....no offense for those who like them like that...thanks

They really don't say Super Snake??? That sucks big time!!! I thought they did...

Also they should have done SUPER SNAKE on the faux gas cap like they did for the 40th. :banghead:

They really don't say Super Snake??? That sucks big time!!! I thought they did...

Also they should have done SUPER SNAKE on the faux gas cap like they did for the 40th. :banghead:

I just don't get wht you guys are complaining about. The Shelby Site has this quote still listed on the super snake description:

"Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components" We are all getting the "EXCLUSIVE" blank floor mats. Where do you read it says anything on it, they are just exclusive. That's what we will be told at this point. The part I don't get is when I tried to order Shelby mats from Shelby Parts, they told me they would be different on the super snake and I should hold off since there would not be a credit for them. Blank was never discussed as different. I really can't believe (but not surprised) that this unique piece has been deleted. I guess the prototype SS mats are with the carbon fiber protoype hood in a vault somewhere.

I think the floor mats look fine. I didnt care what they said on them, I wasnt going to put them in the car! I wasnt going to even open the box, but couldnt take it and had to. They have the SNAKE just like the everything else on the car and CS signature.

They look fine guys, I dont guess I ever though they would have Super Snake on them. I might be in the minority, but I think there are plenty of super snakes on and IN the car.

michael morris

I think the floor mats look fine. I didnt care what they said on them, I wasnt going to put them in the car! I wasnt going to even open the box, but couldnt take it and had to. They have the SNAKE just like the everything else on the car and CS signature.

They look fine guys, I dont guess I ever though they would have Super Snake on them. I might be in the minority, but I think there are plenty of super snakes on and IN the car.

michael morris

OK, I feel a little better. At least they are not blank. Thanks Michael.

CONGRATULATIONS Michael!!! :party:

That is absolutely friggin' awesome!!! :happy feet:

Wishing you a many years of fun and good times with your new toy!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for positng all those fine pics too -- a real beauty, she is!!!

Dan

thanks for new pics!!!!! somebody beat me to it but is the CAR for sale if its sitting on the showroom floor??? I might sell a farm or swap if you are interested?

Guys,

It's all part of the SS package. It is an awesome combination of parts. Take another look at Mikey's car.

I suspect there will be more concern with the current Borla exhaust versus the lack of written SuperSnake on the floor mats. When Michael replaced his exhaust with FRPP SGT's he just spent close to $800 retail within two weeks of getting his 725 HP car back and now has to dispose of his old brand new mufflers. I put my 5GT's back on within a week. These are very similar to Michael's SGT's, just slightly more aggressive, but they drone at 1900 RPM's. (not an issue with 3.73 gears)

Most coupes are going with 725 HP SS and many or most of these guys are going to want a more aggressive exhaust. Constructive comments and suggestions are always received well at SAI. So I suggest that you make your wishes known to Bud and others at SAI. SAI has stated that they are working on an alternative and I suspect they will find one to satisfy folks and offer it as an option. It is a little perplexing to have to break the package to get a 725 HP sound.

Michael, your car is a beauty.

Guys,

It's all part of the SS package. It is an awesome combination of parts. Take another look at Mikey's car.

I suspect there will be more concern with the current Borla exhaust versus the lack of written SuperSnake on the floor mats. When Michael replaced his exhaust with FRPP SGT's he just spent close to $800 retail within two weeks of getting his 725 HP car back and now has to dispose of his old brand new mufflers. I put my 5GT's back on within a week. These are very similar to Michael's SGT's, just slightly more aggressive, but they drone at 1900 RPM's. (not an issue with 3.73 gears)

Most coupes are going with 725 HP SS and many or most of these guys are going to want a more aggressive exhaust. Constructive comments and suggestions are always received well at SAI. So I suggest that you make your wishes known to Bud and others at SAI. SAI has stated that they are working on an alternative and I suspect they will find one to satisfy folks and offer it as an option. It is a little perplexing to have to break the package to get a 725 HP sound.

Michael, your car is a beauty.

For clarity, the 5GT and the SGT mufflers are exactly the same; I confermed that directly from Borla. FRPP tags the mufflers differently for inventory reasons.

Just finished with the mufflers and they sound AWESOME. I know they will sound better the more I drive the car. I had my Bro-law bring his camera and video tape the sound before and after. It be will tonight (again) before I can figure out how to post them. Im thinking YOUTUBE and then post the link.

michael morris

Just finished with the mufflers and they sound AWESOME. I know they will sound better the more I drive the car. I had my Bro-law bring his camera and video tape the sound before and after. It be will tonight (again) before I can figure out how to post them. Im thinking YOUTUBE and then post the link.

michael morris

Aren't they great? I love how they pop and snarl when you downshift the car into a turn. Find yourself a tunnel, freeway overpass, or a high walled canyon road, roll both windows down, make sure that the radio is off, and then make the pipes "sing". I swear it's one of the sweetest sounds that you will ever hear.

And they will only get louder and naster as the packing within them loosens up.

Have fun my friend!

Aren't they great? I love how they pop and snarl when you downshift the car into a turn. Find yourself a tunnel, freeway overpass, or a high walled canyon road, roll both windows down, make sure that the radio is off, and then make the pipes "sing". I swear it's one of the sweetest sounds that you will ever hear.

And they will only get louder and naster as the packing within them loosens up.

Have fun my friend!

E did you forget I live in MIDDLE GA. We dont have tunnels or high walled cayons!!!! :hysterical::hysterical: I will try to find a over pass, we do have those :hysterical:

They sound GREAT when you down shift!!!

michael morris

E did you forget I live in MIDDLE GA. We dont have tunnels or high walled cayons!!!! :hysterical::hysterical: I will try to find a over pass, we do have those :hysterical:

They sound GREAT when you down shift!!!

michael morris

Let me guess.... the closest high walled canyon or tunnel is two hours away, right? :hysterical:

Well then young man, it seems to me that you'll just have to bring that bad boy out here to So Cal where we have plenty of canyons, tunnels, overpasses, and of course traffic, but not where we'll be driving!

In the meantime, if you can't find that kind of terrain near you, then go downtown (you do have a towndown, don't you?) next to the high rise buildings (you do have at least two high rise buildings, don't you?) and let everyone hear your car's exhaust note bouncing off the walls!

Let me guess.... the closest high walled canyon or tunnel is two hours away, right? :hysterical:

Well then young man, it seems to me that you'll just have to bring that bad boy out here to So Cal where we have plenty of canyons, tunnels, overpasses, and of course traffic, but not where we'll be driving!

In the meantime, if you can't find that kind of terrain near you, then go downtown (you do have a towndown, don't you?) next to the high rise buildings (you do have at least two high rise buildings, don't you?) and let everyone hear your car's exhaust note bouncing off the walls!

Care to guess how many car alarms he sets off?

Parking garages are great for that. Or so I've heard... :devil:

Archived