TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H #'s 33, 63, and 96 in TERRIBLE condition at LAX

for those of you in the market to buy a GT-H, be warned, numbers 33, 63 (it may have been 66), and 96 currently at LAX have been trashed. number 33 has very deep gashes where the hood pins slide in from people trying to secure the hood pins while the hood was too elevated, number 63 (or 66 sorry i can't remember) had gashes in the signature plate on the dash (WTF), and number 96 had numerous scratches and dents. The husband got in #33 with 16,000 miles on it and started it - whoa! can somebody say tune-up????

i was saddened to see such desirably low production numbered cars trashed like this. i suppose it's all fixable and heck, the lucky buyer may be able to use that to their advantage for discounted price (once they go on the market that is).

for those of you in the market to buy a GT-H, be warned, numbers 33, 63 (it may have been 66), and 96 currently at LAX have been trashed. number 33 has very deep gashes where the hood pins slide in from people trying to secure the hood pins while the hood was too elevated, number 63 (or 66 sorry i can't remember) had gashes in the signature plate on the dash (WTF), and number 96 had numerous scratches and dents. The husband got in #33 with 16,000 miles on it and started it - whoa! can somebody say tune-up????

i was saddened to see such desirably low production numbered cars trashed like this. i suppose it's all fixable and heck, the lucky buyer may be able to use that to their advantage for discounted price (once they go on the market that is).

Diva,

My wife and I rented 2007 #16 and drove it to/from Las Vegas for the Shelby Bull Run for Carroll's 85th birthday party and it was trashed!

Stuart

Diva,

My wife and I rented 2007 #16 and drove it to/from Las Vegas for the Shelby Bull Run for Carroll's 85th birthday party and it was trashed!

Stuart

we rented the 07 #356 in ATL last october and comparatively speaking it was in pristine condition! just a couple scratches here and there from luggage. :cry:

wow - you drove the gt-h to vegas from canton, ohio and back - sounds like a blast! i grew up in cleveland and got married at stan hywet hall in akron back in 2001. we live in colorado now but visit akron all the time to see my mom. heard you got 8" of snow last friday. TIME FOR SPRING!!!!!!!

I would not be surprised if ALL GT-H's are getting abused in some manner before they make it into the hands of people who really care about them.

we rented the 07 #356 in ATL last october and comparatively speaking it was in pristine condition! just a couple scratches here and there from luggage. :cry:

wow - you drove the gt-h to vegas from canton, ohio and back - sounds like a blast! i grew up in cleveland and got married at stan hywet hall in akron back in 2001. we live in colorado now but visit akron all the time to see my mom. heard you got 8" of snow last friday. TIME FOR SPRING!!!!!!!

No, we flew from Canton to LA, then, drove to Las Vegas (BullRun), then drove back to LA and Flew back home. It was still a fantastic experience! Actually, we got 18" 2 weeks ago--it's finally melting off. We are flying to Vegas on Monday to pick up our new 40th anniversary GT500 and driving it bnack to Canton--Spring is here!!! :happy feet:

I would not be surprised if ALL GT-H's are getting abused in some manner before they make it into the hands of people who really care about them.

Not all are abused. Take a look at the pictures of 391 on the GTH board. I had an Oasis report run from the Ford dealer as well. The only warranty issues done were; stress cracked headlight covers (replaced) and a dead battery (replaced. That's it.

It is a shame that the word's out and people are trashing the 'verts.

#433 was sitting in front of me in the Hertz retun line in Dallas yesterday (as I retuned a KIA!), the stripes on the rear bumpers were totally scraped up from luggage, the front had chips all over it. It seems that the newness of this program is gone that many of the converts are not getting the same care and attention that the coupes did.

#433 was sitting in front of me in the Hertz retun line in Dallas yesterday (as I retuned a KIA!), the stripes on the rear bumpers were totally scraped up from luggage, the front had chips all over it. It seems that the newness of this program is gone that many of the converts are not getting the same care and attention that the coupes did.

Jeff,

Where did you get that shelby plate?

It says Carroll Shelby Motors on it, so a bit of a design from the past. I found it on e-bay. They are re-makes but are on steel and are pretty nice. I haven't seen them for a while on there.

Thanks. I'll keep watching. I want one for the front of my Exploder, uh, I mean Explorer.

• 4 weeks later...

We just rented 07H033 from Lax April 20th-23rd, the car was not very clean, but drove well especially in LA traffic, We went to LA to purchase a mini moke. I wasn't planning to rent a Shelby, but when we got there I couldn't resist. We drove it all over LA putting 400 miles in 2 1/2 days. People were taking our picture in Beverly Hills, if they only knew it was a rental. When I returned the Gt-h it had about 15,800 miles. It wasn't in too bad shape, just needed a good cleaning. I would love to have an average condition vert as a driver. So far I have rented a Shelby Gt-h for about 800 miles. I have driven my 06 Gt-h about 40 miles.

• 2 months later...

Too bad they are getting worn out. They will need to be restored by the new owners. When I rented the GT-H convertible, it only had 300 miles on it and already had scrapes on the rear stripes from the luggage as well and a door ding on the rear passenger side that I did not notice during the inspection (under the dark covered parking garage at DFW). My dad pointed it out when he was taking the picture in my sig block. They noticed when I returned it but I was not charged (whew!).

• 4 weeks later...

We rented one too for the 85th Carroll Shelby Birthday Bash last January. Drove the Shelby Run to Las Vegas. The car was reasonable clean inside and had the luggage scratches on the back. But when the office manager opened the hood I wanted to cry. :cry: Man, it was like the Sonoran desert in there. Asked if they ever clean the engine bays. Nope. :redcard:

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

Archived