TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Billet Hood Pin Differences

motorjock205

In taking pics of my car recently, I noticed that my billet hood pins say "Shelby GT" on them and all the others I've noticed on the web sites only say "Shelby" Just wondering if my 08 is special or if they may have changed them from 07 to 08...Even the black ones for the GT-H only have "Shelby" on them...

post-19184-1206457669_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1206457694_thumb.jpg

The "Shelby GT" Hood Pins are stock on the 2008 SGT's. The "Shelby only" are the after-market pins offered through Shelby Performance Parts (and other distributors). I actually replaced my 2008 original hood pin plates with the "Shelby only" pin plates, from SPP, for daily use (they do get scratched and banged up). The originals will be kept "nice" for shows.

And YES - you and your 08 are SPECIAL. It's well documented that the 08's are the coolest ! :dance:

Hope this helps,

The "Shelby GT" Hood Pins are stock on the 2008 SGT's. The "Shelby only" are the after-market pins offered through Shelby Performance Parts (and other distributors). I actually replaced my 2008 original hood pin plates with the "Shelby only" pin plates, from SPP, for daily use (they do get scratched and banged up). The originals will be kept "nice" for shows.

And YES - you and your 08 are SPECIAL. It's well documented that the 08's are the coolest ! :dance:

Hope this helps,

I don't know about coolest, but it is definitely well documented they are more expensive at this point :)

Definitely not as fast due to increased hood pin weight and extra drag. :banvictory:

I don't know about coolest, but it is definitely well documented they are more expensive at this point :)

Definitely not as fast due to increased hood pin weight and extra drag. :banvictory:

Thanks - that explains why the nose dives when I take a turn "too hot"!

Notice I said "coolest".

EVERYONE I know with an 07 Black SGT, has made it clear to me that the BLACK cars ARE the fastest!

(Your results may vary, batteries not included, some assembly required, please don't try this at home.) :drool:

Blue might be the coolest (debatable) and Black might be the fastest (debatable) but atleast we all agree on one thing : White is the Best.

You may hear the saying "White is Right" from time to time which obviously refers to the White SGT. That statement came about when the SGT was introduced. I believe Carroll himself was quoted saying this and it may or may not be documented.

One more thing. Blue might be the "coolest" but we all know the "cool people" drive White SGT's.

Yes, I just happen to have a white SGT which in no way shape or form has anything to do with my opinion of the White SGT

Has anyone noticed the swivel piece inside the plastic casing on the lanyard rusting? Mine are rusting inside the plastic on both lanyards.

I have left several emails and voice mails for SPP and NO ANSWER FROM THEM WHAT SO EVER.

I will not buy another part until I get a response on this.

Shaking my head ..........and banging it :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sue it would appear that maybe the inside materials may not be stainless. But what do I know. Can't wait for the response. :headscratch:

In taking pics of my car recently, I noticed that my billet hood pins say "Shelby GT" on them and all the others I've noticed on the web sites only say "Shelby" Just wondering if my 08 is special or if they may have changed them from 07 to 08...Even the black ones for the GT-H only have "Shelby" on them...

post-19184-1206457669_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1206457694_thumb.jpg

The GT thing is 08, but you're still SPECIAL :hysterical:

Archived