TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer messed up my tune?

I would think you should be getting lean codes also.....

On the other S197 i had, i ran a CAI without a tune and CEL came on within a mile with a lean code. So as said above, im sure you would be having drivability issues and such if it were a "Stock Gt" tune and the Ford Racing CAI.

CAI stands for Cold Air Intake right? I just want to be sure :finger:

I would think you should be getting lean codes also.....

On the other S197 i had, i ran a CAI without a tune and CEL came on within a mile with a lean code. So as said above, im sure you would be having drivability issues and such if it were a "Stock Gt" tune and the Ford Racing CAI.

FWIW. My son's 2006 V6 has a C&L CAI and tune. We were going to take the car in today for a 15k sevice and the airbag recall. He reloaded the stock tune, but kept the CAI, elbow, etc. in place. The car wouldn't run and the CEL light came on.

He reloaded back to the C&L tune and it's fine. So at least for his car, if the stock tune is reflashed at the dealer, the car won't run.

We told the service advisor, so if something happens, he'll know to call us.

Well went to the dealer last week had my shelby checked out they said the mechanic only went in to the pcm the reset the airbag.I then said check out the shelby tune long story short thet say everything finr :shrug: I think time to get a dynojet check!

That would be my first step. Apparently this is not SAI's concern, but Ford's. See this topic for why:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=26629&hl=

There is a response there from someone at Shelby Auto's. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
my god dealers frighten me, even moreso after reading all of this. I don't think my tune was messed up when they were playing trial and error in my computer as the car still seems frightfully fast, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Same here,I hate going to the dealer!!!! I live in South Florida and most all of them(dealers) are crooks and liars and the bad thing is that they act like they always know what they are doing and they can't be wrong about anything. If a mech. tells me I messed up and will fix it I'd give him or them another chance because that is how we all learn by mistakes but to not acknowledge them is just wrong. I am about to hit 3000 miles on my 07SGT CSM405 and I need to change the oil but I feel like just going with either mobil one or Royal Purple and doing it myself instead of taking it to a dealer. Which oil should I go with and will doing it myself void any warranty? And also I will tell them to leave my airbag alone!!!!

Chris post-19841-1211987997.jpg

post-19841-1211987997.jpg

Quite possibly when they worked on your car they reset all of the adapts that were previously learned by your computer.May run better after you drive it for a few days,Hard.

You are correct, sir. Flashing the EEC with an aftermarket tune automatically wipes out the adaptive memory and you get a clean slate. Likewise, even if the dealership restored the correct SAI/FRP tune, some performance indexes may be disappointing on the ride home. It's okay though, all you need to do is hit the on ramp with a few WOT runs. This begins the rebuild. Many folks don't notice this, because the fiirst thing they do after they flash a tune, is a few WOT test rides for results.

Same here,I hate going to the dealer!!!! I live in South Florida and most all of them(dealers) are crooks and liars and the bad thing is that they act like they always know what they are doing and they can't be wrong about anything. If a mech. tells me I messed up and will fix it I'd give him or them another chance because that is how we all learn by mistakes but to not acknowledge them is just wrong. I am about to hit 3000 miles on my 07SGT CSM405 and I need to change the oil but I feel like just going with either Mobil one or Royal Purple and doing it myself instead of taking it to a dealer. Which oil should I go with and will doing it myself void any warranty? And also I will tell them to leave my airbag alone!!!!

Chris post-19841-1211987997.jpg

My 08 is in the shop now getting new shifter an the recall fixed.The service manager called ford while i was their about the shifter and recall.They told him if their computers were up to date the tune for the SGT would be in their.I am also getting close to 3000 miles and will be changing my own oil.I was told to keep records and receipts.If you have a problem with the motor they can tell if you changed the oil often enough.

My 08 is in the shop now getting new shifter an the recall fixed.The service manager called ford while i was their about the shifter and recall.They told him if their computers were up to date the tune for the SGT would be in their.I am also getting close to 3000 miles and will be changing my own oil.I was told to keep records and receipts.If you have a problem with the motor they can tell if you changed the oil often enough.

What happened to your shifter,I mean it's an 08 what could've happened in 3000 miles,so what oil are you going with? I'm leaning towards Mobil one,it's used in my wife's Mini and my sister in Law's Mercedes and most high end cars go with that. I have used Royal purple but it is hard to come by and their price keeps going up,damn near $8.00 a quart so :censored: that!!!!!

http://www.magiccitymustangs.org/

post-19841-1212011211.jpg

What happened to your shifter,I mean it's an 08 what could've happened in 3000 miles,so what oil are you going with? I'm leaning towards Mobil one,it's used in my wife's Mini and my sister in Law's Mercedes and most high end cars go with that. I have used Royal purple but it is hard to come by and their price keeps going up,damn near $8.00 a quart so :censored: that!!!!!

My shifter rattles in 2 and 3 gear when accelerating hard.Their is a topic on it.I am going to change my oil every 6 month or 3000 miles so i will probably use reg. 30w oil.

+1000 on the Mobil 1 Oil...it is all I have ever used in my Mustangs, and I've never had any problems...I sold my 96 GT recently with 174,000 miles on her and she was still running VERY STRONG!!!

+1000 on the Mobil 1 Oil...it is all I have ever used in my Mustangs, and I've never had any problems...I sold my 96 GT recently with 174,000 miles on her and she was still running VERY STRONG!!!

Thanks,I'm glad it's all fixed up. Great, I will change my own oil with Mobil one,say, does it mot say to only use 5w20?

Chris

I believe he's saying that while the dealer was fixing the passenger side airbag recall that he wiped out the factory "SAI" tune. If thats the case they better get that fixed. I know when ever I take my car in I'm telling them not to fix the air bag.

When I went to my dealer for the air bag fix I handed the service manager an email from Shelby telling them to only flash the RCM and not touch the PCM.

I also taped a note to my steering wheel saying this car has a Shelby tune and do not flash the PCM. As usual I always tape a note to the hood release reminding them to undo the hood pins.

Bud at SAI told me that if they had flashed the PCM, the car would run much worse (spitting and coughing) ans would be very noticable.

Archived