TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wing holes

Wonder where one might get a template to drill holes for GT 500 wing, I could look in someones trunk and measure it out but really dont know anyone with a GT with a wing on it. I ordered my wing and told them it was for a SGT but they didnt send a template, I guess they didnt read for what application it was for.

Wonder where one might get a template to drill holes for GT 500 wing, I could look in someones trunk and measure it out but really dont know anyone with a GT with a wing on it. I ordered my wing and told them it was for a SGT but they didnt send a template, I guess they didnt read for what application it was for.

I take it this wasn't a Ford spoiler because it does come with a template. Any good body shop can lake a template, mine did wheen they installed it.

I did hear that the Standard GT and GT500 spoilers where pin compatible. If so...not sure if this will help, but here is the GT spoiler instructions too.

Good luck!

Spoiler_1.pdf

Spoiler_1.pdf

I ordered my GT500 spoiler from SPP, it is a Ford Racing part, but it also came without a template. I ended up taking it to a body shop, who had a wrecked GT500 that was used to measure the bolt location in the cutouts on the underside of the trunklid.

Bob

I ordered my GT500 spoiler from SPP, it is a Ford Racing part, but it also came without a template. I ended up taking it to a body shop, who had a wrecked GT500 that was used to measure the bolt location in the cutouts on the underside of the trunklid.

Bob

Mine came from Ford Racing also no problem if I find a pattern car just need to find one, my 05 GT spoiler was replaed with a early version GT 500 wing (Legend) which also used the factory holes.

You can take strips of posterboard and punch a hole in the center of each strip for the screw holes on the spoiler. Tape the strips to the spoiler with the punched hole over the screw hole. Position the spoiler on the rear deck led and measure both sides to center it. Tape the strips down to the rear deck lid and remove the spoiler. This will leave the strips on the deck lid positioning the holes to be drilled. If you use blue painter's tape it will allow the spoiler to be removed leaving the strips in place. Remember the cardinal rule: measure twice, in this case drill once. The center screw holes will line up in the center of the oval shaped holes on the underside of the deck lid (single thickness). The outer holes require drilling an oversized hole in the underside of the decklid to access the top hole. The oversized hole underneath should be the size of the screw head. The GT500 spoiler I used I got on Ebay already painted for $135.00. Hope this helps.

Archived