TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just got back from SAI!

WOW! I took my family to Vegas for vacation and we made two trips to SAI. :happy feet: It was great to see the facility and all the great cars there. The KR's are rolling in from Ford. I was on the fence about pulling the trigger on the anniversary package....but not anymore....not after seeing them in person. I can't wait to get a date scheduled now!

I dont think I can swing the blower and the brakes...but I am going with the short throw shifter for sure! I am on the fence about wheel color...I have a vista blue vert and I am down to Silver or Chrome. Appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

Are there any other possible options besides the shifter, chrome wheels, 605 HP and brakes?

Please keep posting up the pics! I know many of you are getting your cars back at this point.

Unanimous so far on the chromies! Thanks for the feedback guys. I was a little worried about Chrome being too much bling...since the car already screams look at me! But I have to admit, they do look awesome!

On my other question....are there any other options available besides those (Shifter, Chrome wheels, 605 blower, Brakes)? I would like the side scoops that the super snake cars get....I wonder if they would add those?

Unanimous so far on the chromies! Thanks for the feedback guys. I was a little worried about Chrome being too much bling...since the car already screams look at me! But I have to admit, they do look awesome!

On my other question....are there any other options available besides those (Shifter, Chrome wheels, 605 blower, Brakes)? I would like the side scoops that the super snake cars get....I wonder if they would add those?

Most likely you will have to reschedule your car for these mods. They want all the 40th's leaving the factory with the same appearance package, thus you can't keep your original stripe color. But, it doesn't hurt to ask.

The gunmetal is "smokin" on Vista Blue Coupe. Personally, chrome or gunmetal.

The shifter, blower, and brakes are upgrades above the basic 40th package (they also put a cold air system on). The 40th package includes suspension upgrades that won't increase your horse power but definitely improve handling. The 40th package also includes new cat-back exhaust (from the catalytic converter back). Not sure if that provides any hp boost, but definitely makes the car sound better!

I'm sure you are looking for an honest opinion (and we all know what opinions are like) but mine is this: I've seen the chrome razors on a blue car and was seriously considering them for my black vert and am now reconsidering because truthfully, I think they are a tad bit gaudy. My suggestion is to take a look at them on another car (in person) yourself because to each thier own.

Good luck!

I'm sure you are looking for an honest opinion (and we all know what opinions are like) but mine is this: I've seen the chrome razors on a blue car and was seriously considering them for my black vert and am now reconsidering because truthfully, I think they are a tad bit gaudy. My suggestion is to take a look at them on another car (in person) yourself because to each thier own.

Good luck!

I did see them at SAI and thought the exact same thing. I am seriously leaning toward silver because it has a similar look and contrast against the blue that the chrome does, but isn't quite so much bling. I really appreciate all the opinions....please keep em coming.

I am doing a white SS coupe (605) with chrome and a blue 40th vert (605) with chrome, but I always do chrome from Land Rover to Lexus. Must admit I did consider some of the other options, but did not want to be dissapointed--maybe no imagination??--

"bling" is a word my wife and her friends use.

Great to have these options --good luck to all

I did see them at SAI and thought the exact same thing. I am seriously leaning toward silver because it has a similar look and contrast against the blue that the chrome does, but isn't quite so much bling. I really appreciate all the opinions....please keep em coming.

Hi, I have seen the silver on a few different cars admittedly only on line but I can say the silver stripes with the silver Razors are stunning! The stripes are almost a perfect match (do a site search and you will see) and I've heard a number of people at SAI recommend them because of the match and is why they are/were on back order. Be sure to post some pictures when you take delivery after the conversion regardless of the color choice because after all there are NO ugly Shelby's! :rockon:

I am doing a white SS coupe (605) with chrome and a blue 40th vert (605) with chrome, but I always do chrome from Land Rover to Lexus. Must admit I did consider some of the other options, but did not want to be dissapointed--maybe no imagination??--

"bling" is a word my wife and her friends use.

Great to have these options --good luck to all

Oh man two 605's? you've just got to have some extra bang to go with your bling, go with the 725hp on you coupe! :superhero:

Hi, I have seen the silver on a few different cars admittedly only on line but I can say the silver stripes with the silver Razors are stunning! The stripes are almost a perfect match (do a site search and you will see) and I've heard a number of people at SAI recommend them because of the match and is why they are/were on back order. Be sure to post some pictures when you take delivery after the conversion regardless of the color choice because after all there are NO ugly Shelby's! :rockon:

Here is my 40th with the Gunmetal Razors.

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

HI,

I just got back my 40th today April 3th. I have a Vista blue as well and I got the chrome rims. I Think chrome looks the best. IT LOOKS BADDDDDoD

Please post pictures in the 1 picture post in the 40th thread and then post losts of pics in your own thread.

Archived