TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I saw The Mustang Bullitt today

gnrbaby

A sweet car! Of course not as cool as a shelby, but a very slick ride indeed. Do you think that car will be big collectable in coming years?

Very Boring. It just needs something. You wouldn't notice it on the road at all!! As for collectiblity, maybe in 40 years

Very Boring. It just needs something. You wouldn't notice it on the road at all!! As for collectiblity, maybe in 40 years

I saw one a couple of weeks ago along with a 2008 Shelby GT (convertible) at the same dealer. The Shelby was the nicer car.

A sweet car! Of course not as cool as a shelby, but a very slick ride indeed. Do you think that car will be big collectable in coming years?

That all depends. A friend of Mine has a 2001 Green Bullitt with low miles and is super super clean and has been pampered since new. It is now for sale. He wants $17,500.00 for it. It is well worth that price. Some people put theres away hoping to cash in later only to have it fall short. I think Ford screwed up taking a Great concept and building it in 3 Colors the first time and again 2 Colors the second time around. They should have only built DHG Bullitts. To me, only the DHG Bullitts are worth buying, but will never be as collectible as a Shelby.

David.

I'm not worried about if my Bullitt becomes a collectible, I intend on driving it a lot this summer to help keep some miles off the Shelby's. It doesn't stand out to the average person or the cops which is good! But I am sure I will still get my share of ricer's trying to race me. :hysterical:

But I am sure I will still get my share of ricer's trying to race me. :hysterical:

Yeah especially when they look at your Grille and dont see the GT Fog Lights and think you have a 6 Cyl. It would be a shame not being able to see their Face as you leave them at the light......... :hysterical:

David.

I looked at one a few days ago at a dealer. I really liked it. I love the simplicity of it. No fancy scoops, spoilers or doodads. I like the grille quite a bit. It does come with the 3.73 gears and I believe the same CAI that the SGT has (?). I didn't notice if there were any changes to the exhaust. I would guess that it's probably within a few hp of the SGT, and with the gears, should be a little quicker off the line.

The one at my local dealer did not have any ADM posted, but I didn't inquire how much they were asking for it.

• 2 weeks later...
I looked at one a few days ago at a dealer. I really liked it. I love the simplicity of it. No fancy scoops, spoilers or doodads. I like the grille quite a bit. It does come with the 3.73 gears and I believe the same CAI that the SGT has (?). I didn't notice if there were any changes to the exhaust. I would guess that it's probably within a few hp of the SGT, and with the gears, should be a little quicker off the line.

The one at my local dealer did not have any ADM posted, but I didn't inquire how much they were asking for it.

The big attraction for me is the color. As far as grille and chrome, I prefer the GT/CS.

Bullitt haters.Why?

I love the 1968 Bullitt. I think the 2008 Bullitt is good also. I just think the 2008 GT500 is a lot better. If I was only getting a Mustang GT for about $30k I would be getting a Bullitt.

CaptDave

I haven't had my Bullitt long enough to decide for sure; but, I think I like it better than my GT500.

I really like the way the Bullitt rides, and handles, as well as the stealth look. Moreover, at around $27,500, after X-Plan and $1500 rebate, I think it is a hell of a buy. :happy feet:

I haven't had my Bullitt long enough to decide for sure; but, I think I like it better than my GT500.

I really like the way the Bullitt rides, and handles, as well as the stealth look. Moreover, at around $27,500, after X-Plan and $1500 rebate, I think it is a hell of a buy. :happy feet:

The Bullitt is a sweet car, thats what I was originally going for until I saw the Shelby GT. Just remember there are still plenty of 07 Shelby's still on the lot with $3500 rebates and 0% financing. Not too much is selling out there. The bullitt might be quicker in the 1/4 mile, but I still like my SGT. If your lucky enough to have eithier one of these two cars, enjoy them.

I was at my Ford dealer today (I had the airbag recall work done) - anyway, in the showroom they had a Cali Special, A GT500 (black) and a Bullitt. It was the first time I saw a Bullitt. All these cars looked great in their own way. But then, I stepped outside and saw my Shelby GT... :wub:

I'm not worried about if my Bullitt becomes a collectible, I intend on driving it a lot this summer to help keep some miles off the Shelby's. It doesn't stand out to the average person or the cops which is good! But I am sure I will still get my share of ricer's trying to race me. :hysterical:

Drive it like you stole it, enjoy and if it's worth something down the road...>>BONUS

I love the Bullitt for it's low key appearance. I'd get one if I had the dough (and a 3 car garage).

$2500 rebate on bullitt...so you spend about only 800ish for the package..thats about a steal of a deal....id go that route over a standard GT and get the black one (or green if you prefer)...car has a better stance then the shelby500 to boot

Saw a black one on the dealer's showroom and thought it looked nice, but like others thought maybe it was a little plain. Saw it two weeks later on the street on a sunny day while driving my GT500 and thought "Wow! That's a cool ride!". I like it and for roughly $30k it's a great deal. With the 3.73s, CAI and ugraded suspension I would bet it is fun to drive.

The Bullitt is a sweet car, thats what I was originally going for until I saw the Shelby GT. Just remember there are still plenty of 07 Shelby's still on the lot with $3500 rebates and 0% financing. Not too much is selling out there. The bullitt might be quicker in the 1/4 mile, but I still like my SGT. If your lucky enough to have eithier one of these two cars, enjoy them.

I agree 100%.

Leftover 2007 Shelby GT's are a fantastic deal now.

Archived