TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 leftovers for sale

captdave

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was the 2007 Vista Blue vert. They call it a dealer demo.

I agree it has a lot of miles, but is there a cut off when it can't be a "demo" and is "used"??

It is USED and not a demo.

If it has never been titled it is a demo. Once titled it used regardless of miles.

They have it listed on their website under their USED car inventory.

In fact, their inventory shows they don't have any NEW GT500's at all.

It was the 2007 Vista Blue vert. They call it a dealer demo.

I agree it has a lot of miles, but is there a cut off when it can't be a "demo" and is "used"??

I did a little searching and that car came from MI.

It appears to be a preproduction car. The build date was 5/15/2006.

Official production didn't start until 6/5/2006

Warranty start date was 7/27/2006

Raced a 2008 Shelby from a roll last night. Naturally I lost. Found out he lived in my neighborhood. Followed him to his house and scoped out his car. Of all the things that surprised me was how comforable the driver's seat was compared to my 335i.

BTW he bought the Shelby locally and paid under MSRP. Maybe invoice price isn't as far away as I thought. :)

Soon the 2009's will be out. And all the overpriced 2008's on the showroom floor will be nothing but leftovers. That's the time to visit the dealer.

There is a 2008 GT500 conv black/black in Cape May, NJ. They want $19k over. The car has been sitting for a while.

CaptDave

Yeah and when it sells for sticker they can tell the buyer,"Look man, you got a $19,000 discount".

I couldn't believe that sticker. The salesman seemed to act like everyone was paying that.

CaptDave

Due to the theft of my 08' I have been talking to local dealers and getting price quotes to use in settlement talks with the insurance company. Dealers are still anywhere from 5-20k over and used cars are anywhere from $48,500-57,000. I admit in some areas prices may not be that strong. Bear in mind that the weather here has little effect as most days are sunny and dry so car can be used very often. Not all local dealers have cars in stock and some have as many as 5. It does not seem like they are dying to unload them. The whole thing brings back bad memories of when I was shopping for my car back in June of 07'. I have pretty much decided against buying another and am seriously looking into a 08' C6 Z06. Flame away if you will but please remember I am a lifelong blue oval supporter.

No intent to "flame away", but are you the person that posted your car as being stolen when your house was broken into in the past couple of weeks? I ask because I live in AZ (south Chandler) and am waiting to pick up my GT500 from Lithia Ford in Fresno sometime in the next couple of weeks when it will hopefully be in. I would like to know if the assessment was that your home was broken into to steal your car, or for another reason and the car was a "crime of opportunity"? What part of AZ do you live in? What would you do differently about storage, if anything? Did the police ever recover the car?

TIA!

Mike

....I live in AZ (south Chandler) and am waiting to pick up my GT500 from Lithia Ford in Fresno sometime in the next couple of weeks when it will hopefully be in....

Mike

Mike, I live in Tucson and bought mine from Lithia last November. Impressive dealership and great to work with. Just make sure of a couple of things:

1) Do NOT sign the California registration application form (with fee). They tried to get me to do this and I refused... told them this car will not be registered in California. They had to make some phone calls and finally agreed with me. Apparently, they do not do much business with out-of-state customers.

2) If your car comes with the optional car cover, make sure it's in the trunk, as well as the wheel locks. I picked up the car personally and drove it home and didn't discover these items were missing until I got home. Gary, my salesman, was nice enough to ship me the cover. As for the wheel locks, I did not know these came with the car until a couple of weeks ago so I never informed him of this. I'll just buy a set locally.

I also read Pat's post on his stolen '08. He lives in North Phoenix. I decided to go with:

http://www.inilex.com/tracking-kepler.asp

----------

Willie

2008 GT500

Red / White

No intent to "flame away", but are you the person that posted your car as being stolen when your house was broken into in the past couple of weeks? I ask because I live in AZ (south Chandler) and am waiting to pick up my GT500 from Lithia Ford in Fresno sometime in the next couple of weeks when it will hopefully be in. I would like to know if the assessment was that your home was broken into to steal your car, or for another reason and the car was a "crime of opportunity"? What part of AZ do you live in? What would you do differently about storage, if anything? Did the police ever recover the car?

TIA!

Mike

I live near Arrowhead Mall. Many people including some in law enforcement have told me they believe the car was the intended target. Some feel if the car was a crime of opportunity they would not have had the connections to get rid of it and it would have been found within two weeks give or take. Car has yet to be recovered. Only small hand items were taken and another theory is that the small stuff was the crime of opportunity. In hindsight I should have made the keys harder to find or access. I was giving thought to a gun safe and plan to acquire one now. I would also leave the car locked in the garage with the alarm on at all times in the future. I did not have a security door on the house and have since had one installed. I am also looking into an alarm if only for the scare tactic. At least one next door neighbor is home all day so surely he would hear it and at the very least come outside to investigate. At the moment I am waiting for the insurance company to give me a settlement offer. They are waiting for a suggestion from a third party appraiser and I assume this will be either Monday or Tuesday of next week. I guess I have learned a very expensive lesson. I never felt that I would be the victim of such a crime nor did I feel that the car was so rare or valuable that it would warrant such a crime. I say this because I know people who have much more expensive and exotic cars and find it hard to believe a Mustang in any form would be more desirable.

Enough about me, I wish you the best of luck with your purchase and hope you enjoy the car for many years to come. Please use my example to increase the security of your car to lessen the possiblility of theft. Never assume it is "safe" in the garage and at risk somewhere else as I did.

I live near Arrowhead Mall. Many people including some in law enforcement have told me they believe the car was the intended target. Some feel if the car was a crime of opportunity they would not have had the connections to get rid of it and it would have been found within two weeks give or take. Car has yet to be recovered. Only small hand items were taken and another theory is that the small stuff was the crime of opportunity. In hindsight I should have made the keys harder to find or access. I was giving thought to a gun safe and plan to acquire one now. I would also leave the car locked in the garage with the alarm on at all times in the future. I did not have a security door on the house and have since had one installed. I am also looking into an alarm if only for the scare tactic. At least one next door neighbor is home all day so surely he would hear it and at the very least come outside to investigate. At the moment I am waiting for the insurance company to give me a settlement offer. They are waiting for a suggestion from a third party appraiser and I assume this will be either Monday or Tuesday of next week. I guess I have learned a very expensive lesson. I never felt that I would be the victim of such a crime nor did I feel that the car was so rare or valuable that it would warrant such a crime. I say this because I know people who have much more expensive and exotic cars and find it hard to believe a Mustang in any form would be more desirable.

Enough about me, I wish you the best of luck with your purchase and hope you enjoy the car for many years to come. Please use my example to increase the security of your car to lessen the possiblility of theft. Never assume it is "safe" in the garage and at risk somewhere else as I did.

Was you car moded..and if so would the appraiser count that into the final estimate of the car's value?

Was you car moded..and if so would the appraiser count that into the final estimate of the car's value?

Along with all the other paperwork I did submit a list of parts on my car which included tinted windows, SGT mufflers, FRPP springs and such. Total of just over $1k in parts. I was told by the insurance company to have receipts for everything and it would be taken into consideration. They keep referring to it as a "new" car and at 3 months old and 700+ miles I would guess it is. Some here have quoted blue book figures for a 07' but when I looked at the KBB website it did not give a value? Also remember that the value they assign to my vehicle has to be local. Cars may sell for sticker in many states but here the market is still pretty strong. I must admit that I am a bit apprehensive about what number they will come up with. I did apply for my license plate credit from the state which takes 3 weeks. I am to receive $457 dollars back for the non-used months on the plate. Original license cost was about $742.

Along with all the other paperwork I did submit a list of parts on my car which included tinted windows, SGT mufflers, FRPP springs and such. Total of just over $1k in parts. I was told by the insurance company to have receipts for everything and it would be taken into consideration. They keep referring to it as a "new" car and at 3 months old and 700+ miles I would guess it is. Some here have quoted blue book figures for a 07' but when I looked at the KBB website it did not give a value? Also remember that the value they assign to my vehicle has to be local. Cars may sell for sticker in many states but here the market is still pretty strong. I must admit that I am a bit apprehensive about what number they will come up with. I did apply for my license plate credit from the state which takes 3 weeks. I am to receive $457 dollars back for the non-used months on the plate. Original license cost was about $742.

Here is USED RETAIL value from KBB using 85001 zip code for AZ

2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra Coupe 2D

Condition Value

Excellent

(Selected) $62,890

Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition... More

Average Consumer Rating (292 Reviews)Read Reviews

__USERID__

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingRep...;Printable=true

4.7 out of 5

Review This Vehicle

Printable reviews

&VehicleId=83704&GenerationID=548&ZipCode=85001

Check out the incentives available on a new

2008 Ford Mustang

CloseSimilar New Vehicles

Selected Vehicles

2008 Ford Mustang

Starting at $20,445.00

Photos Review Pricing Video

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Starting at $20,624.00

2008 Toyota Solara

Starting at $22,920.00

2008 Mazda RX-8

Starting at $27,070.00

2008 Honda Civic

Starting at $16,245.00

2008 Nissan 350Z

Starting at $30,445.00

Selected Vehicles

Vehicle Highlights

Mileage: 300

Engine: V8 5.4L Supercharged

Transmission: 6 Speed Manual

Drivetrain: RWD

Selected Equipment

Standard

Air Conditioning AM/FM Stereo Leather

Power Steering MP3 (Multi CD) Power Seat

Power Windows Premium Sound Rear Spoiler

Power Door Locks Dual Front Air Bags Alloy Wheels

Tilt Wheel Front Side Air Bags

Cruise Control ABS (4-Wheel)

Blue Book Suggested Retail Value

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Vehicle Condition Ratings Excellent (Selected)

$62,890

Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.

Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.

Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.

Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.

Complete and verifiable service records.

Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

* Arizona 4/12/2008

Ouch

But we get nailed here in MI with the :censored: NO FAULT INSURANCE.

Tell me about it. First year renewal plate cost on a 07' Z06 is a bit over $1100. Simply based on an ability to pay. The more expensive car you can afford, the more the plates cost.

Shelbydude: thanks for the information. I was unable to find any values on KBB or NADA. There are used 07's for sale here at $54,900.

Tell me about it. First year renewal plate cost on a 07' Z06 is a bit over $1100. Simply based on an ability to pay. The more expensive car you can afford, the more the plates cost.

Shelbydude: thanks for the information. I was unable to find any values on KBB or NADA. There are used 07's for sale here at $54,900.

Wow I don't know how I missed this thread, so sorry to hear of your loss, I hope you recover enough to replace the Shelby at no extra cost to you.

Scumbags that do this to people that work hard for what they got should be shot.

Good luck bud.

I am the one who started the post about "when I could order a 2009", but now my local dealer called today and told me that he has a 2008 coming in May 14 (the person who was was going to take it backed out) The dealer stated that I could have it at sticker. I had to put $500 down but is refundable if I don't take it. With the $500 down I will be the first one to have a shot at it. Its not exactaly what I wanted to order but I am afraid that when it comes in I won't be able to turn it down. That would be unless I have more info about 2009 ordering by that time and decide to order.

Just wanted to let you guys know that there are some dealers willing to let go at MSRP.

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Due to the theft of my 08' I have been talking to local dealers and getting price quotes to use in settlement talks with the insurance company. Dealers are still anywhere from 5-20k over and used cars are anywhere from $48,500-57,000. I admit in some areas prices may not be that strong. Bear in mind that the weather here has little effect as most days are sunny and dry so car can be used very often. Not all local dealers have cars in stock and some have as many as 5. It does not seem like they are dying to unload them. The whole thing brings back bad memories of when I was shopping for my car back in June of 07'. I have pretty much decided against buying another and am seriously looking into a 08' C6 Z06. Flame away if you will but please remember I am a lifelong blue oval supporter.

Z06 hot looking ride!!! Way better, get it, you won't be sorry...

Z06 hot looking ride!!! Way better, get it, you won't be sorry...

The Z06 looks like a great car. I stopped by the largest Corvette dealer in the USA last week to check it out. It was very nice.

CaptDave

Even though I have a depost (refundable) on a 08 at MSRP to be delivered May 14 it is not my first color choice so I am still shopping. I have found 2 to be exactlly what I want but both are about 100 miles away( in different directions), one dealer says 10,000 over and the other 10,000 over too but when I told him I wasn't paying over MSRP he quickly backed off and said that maybe the owner would come down because they have had it a long time (I wonder why). I may have to take a road trip next week. Think I will take the clear title to my 2006 Roush and the check book.

What do you guys think???

Even though I have a depost (refundable) on a 08 at MSRP to be delivered May 14 it is not my first color choice so I am still shopping. I have found 2 to be exactlly what I want but both are about 100 miles away( in different directions), one dealer says 10,000 over and the other 10,000 over too but when I told him I wasn't paying over MSRP he quickly backed off and said that maybe the owner would come down because they have had it a long time (I wonder why). I may have to take a road trip next week. Think I will take the clear title to my 2006 Roush and the check book.

What do you guys think???

That's what I did but I drove over 200 miles, I think that approach worked for me, I got the deal I wanted. Just be prepared they will likely try to make the profit on your trade that you take out of the GT500. I didn't pay an ADM but I didn't get everything I wanted out of my trade either, although my expectations were probably high. If they list your car on KBB look at the trade in value that's what they threw at me and it was hard to get them come over that. The broken record was "But look at the deal your getting on the Shelby." Just remember it's your money and car, since you have a choice don't be afraid to walk if your uncomfortable with the deal.

Oh and don't tell them it's exactly the one you want!

This dealership is one of the SVT Cobra Mustang Club's Sponsoring Dealerships and this was posted Wednesday.

Mall of Georgia Ford has just received the following GT500 Coupe

Vin 1ZVHT88S685192163

Torch Red

White over the top stripe

Sirius

HID Headlamps

DVD Navigation system

GT500 Premium Package

Ambient Lighting

Full Cover

MSRP $48,195

This car is available at MSRP.

John Pohl

Senior Sales Consultant

Mall of Georgia Ford

Team Member since May 2005

770-932-4060 x174

678-592-3375 Cell

I just bought my 08' Black stripe and option delete coupe for MSRP of 44 and change.All it has is the alloy stripes on the side(Obviously).I think I got a good deal as I would have ordered it this way.

I just bought my 08' Black stripe and option delete coupe for MSRP of 44 and change.All it has is the alloy stripes on the side(Obviously).I think I got a good deal as I would have ordered it this way.

Congratulations on buying the best looking and fastest GT500 color combo out there!

Archived