TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 leftovers for sale

captdave

If in your travels you find a great deal on a 2008 GT500 leftover post it here. Only MSRP or less.

If you buy a 2008/9 GT500 for MSRP or less post it here also. Lets really see what deals are out there for the new buyers. Who can claim the title of "Buyer of the Year" with the most below MSRP. And the Grand Prize, be the first one to pay invoice. The Grand Prize may take a little time, but it's out there. Good luck and good hunting.

CaptDave

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine ordered atMSRP, while waiting the dealer was asked by a gentleman if he would sell my car to him for 5 over.....don't seam to be any more allocations left in the Birmingham area.....I was offered 5 over before my car got here by this guy, told him no but if he really wanted one Jimmy could get him one...just a matter of how much.

Seams like it has become a waiting game. Dealers not on the floor plan can wait and hold to sticker or above, I chose not to wait like I did with the 03 and couldn't be happier mostly because I got exactly what I wanted! And if you look at it from strictly a pleasure thing a couple of G's is chump change in the big picture of things.

If in your travels you find a great deal on a 2008 GT500 leftover post it here. Only MSRP or less.

If you buy a 2008/9 GT500 for MSRP or less post it here also. Lets really see what deals are out there for the new buyers. Who can claim the title of "Buyer of the Year" with the most below MSRP. And the Grand Prize, be the first one to pay invoice. The Grand Prize may take a little time, but it's out there. Good luck and good hunting.

CaptDave

OK Mr. Dave! Time to put your money where your mouth is, although I know you will likely come up with some excuse! But here goes!

Since 09 is a go we will likely get at least one. So put up your deposit and pick your color and options. The 09 order guide has been posted.

The 09 won't begin production until first part of June so the absolute SOONEST that you could possibly see this would be July sometime. It could also be sometime in 09 before you actually see it. It all depends on when Ford will pull our allocation to have ours ordered and built. So anytime from July 08 through the end of the 09 production up to 6 weeks after that is when you would get the car.

Put up your $2,500 deposit and you can order it your way! MSRP is the price!

OK, Dave....now what???

We are all :waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting:

So what you going to do Dave? Here is your chance to order the BEST YEAR EVER exactly the way you want it for only MSRP!!!

BTW, Dave....I noticed you stated in a past post that you hoped it was red with white stripes that it was the fastest color? So I assume you choice would be red with white stripes?

Good news Dave....if you wait it out for a left over 08 there is currently a whopping 240 red with white stripes left that are 08's in the entire country! And red is one of the most popular colors made along with white cars!

I wonder how many of those 240 will be left after production ends on the 08? Of course, that includes all red with white stripe coupes with all combination of options and both dark charcoal and red insert color cars! So take out any of those that might have options you wouldn't want and would refuse to pay for!

So what color combo would be your choice and what options would you not want???

if the dealers will take msrp now how low do you think they will go in the summer?

Probably go higher. Summer is prime season for selling cars like this.

And don't confuse a very small number of dealers willing to take MSRP with ALL dealers willing to go MSRP now. MOST dealers are still well over MSRP and are standing firm at certain amounts over. If they won't take MSRP now and wouldn't take it during the winter months when that is the slowest selling season for a car like this, what makes you think it will get better in summer?

MAYBE you will see more willing to take MSRP next winter, but that is another year before being able to get one and a big maybe!

If you can lock one down at MSRP now this is the best time to jump. You can't steal in slow motion! :hysterical:

I have been watching several dealers in Toronto general area and it appears that there really are a lot of GT 500's sitting in stock currently.

I was also in Northern Michigan last week and saw a vert anc coupe at a dealers yard all which have been at MSRP. I figure if they are advertising MSRP then with a little haggling you are sure to pick up under MSRP.

One dealer in Toronto area had 5 in stock.

I think the dealers days of making mega bucks on these are over. Let's face it even Amy said they made far to many 2008's...............

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

And don't confuse a very small number of dealers willing to take MSRP with ALL dealers willing to go MSRP now. MOST dealers are still well over MSRP and are standing firm at certain amounts over. If they won't take MSRP now and wouldn't take it during the winter months when that is the slowest selling season for a car like this, what makes you think it will get better in summer?

+1

5-10k in our area and they are not budging.

Due to the theft of my 08' I have been talking to local dealers and getting price quotes to use in settlement talks with the insurance company. Dealers are still anywhere from 5-20k over and used cars are anywhere from $48,500-57,000. I admit in some areas prices may not be that strong. Bear in mind that the weather here has little effect as most days are sunny and dry so car can be used very often. Not all local dealers have cars in stock and some have as many as 5. It does not seem like they are dying to unload them. The whole thing brings back bad memories of when I was shopping for my car back in June of 07'. I have pretty much decided against buying another and am seriously looking into a 08' C6 Z06. Flame away if you will but please remember I am a lifelong blue oval supporter.

Due to the theft of my 08' I have been talking to local dealers and getting price quotes to use in settlement talks with the insurance company. Dealers are still anywhere from 5-20k over and used cars are anywhere from $48,500-57,000. I admit in some areas prices may not be that strong. Bear in mind that the weather here has little effect as most days are sunny and dry so car can be used very often. Not all local dealers have cars in stock and some have as many as 5. It does not seem like they are dying to unload them. The whole thing brings back bad memories of when I was shopping for my car back in June of 07'. I have pretty much decided against buying another and am seriously looking into a 08' C6 Z06. Flame away if you will but please remember I am a lifelong blue oval supporter.

I know it can be Frustrating but the approach I used was take nothing personal and tried to make

as many contacts as possible and it paid off.

Sorry your car was Jacked I know it sucks but I would advise trying hard again for another GT500

if you think you might regret not getting another one later.

Good Luck fastfords.

Shelbydude you are right. But those cars aren't moving unless they are right at msrp. One of my close dealer relations offered me their last 08 allocation at msrp, but I respectfully denied for now. It is in my interest to get the best deal possible right now, so I am waiting it out. I hope I made the right decision. (I think I did). Capt. Dave if msrp was your price take up shelbydude on it. He's a stand up dealer. True to his word.

I have been watching several dealers in Toronto general area and it appears that there really are a lot of GT 500's sitting in stock currently.

I was also in Northern Michigan last week and saw a vert anc coupe at a dealers yard all which have been at MSRP. I figure if they are advertising MSRP then with a little haggling you are sure to pick up under MSRP.

One dealer in Toronto area had 5 in stock.

I think the dealers days of making mega bucks on these are over. Let's face it even Amy said they made far to many 2008's...............

Isn't the base Vert base price 61,000+ in Canada?

With our dollar about even why so much more?

Our MSRP is way more than the US price.

Shelbydude you are right. But those cars aren't moving unless they are right at msrp. One of my close dealer relations offered me their last 08 allocation at msrp, but I respectfully denied for now. It is in my interest to get the best deal possible right now, so I am waiting it out. I hope I made the right decision. (I think I did). Capt. Dave if msrp was your price take up shelbydude on it. He's a stand up dealer. True to his word.

i think your right. i may get a 08 this summer or a good used one. if the wife still lets me by then.

Isn't the base Vert base price 61,000+ in Canada?

With our dollar about even why so much more?

Our MSRP is way more than the US price.

I think you are right but the MSRP is still higher here in Canada than the US, therefore even though they are offering what seems like a better deal it is still higher than the US. Comparing the cars in Toronto area to what I saw in Michigan a couple of weeks ago and comparing exchange rates, you are still muuuuuuuuch better off to buy in the US.

SUCKS..........................

But I guess around the 60K mark is much better than 78K for a coupe 6 months ago.

I think you are right but the MSRP is still higher here in Canada than the US, therefore even though they are offering what seems like a better deal it is still higher than the US. Comparing the cars in Toronto area to what I saw in Michigan a couple of weeks ago and comparing exchange rates, you are still muuuuuuuuch better off to buy in the US.

SUCKS..........................

But I guess around the 60K mark is much better than 78K for a coupe 6 months ago.

do you pay any extra tax bringing it back to Canada?

Called a small dealer West of me Saturday. We had got a Mustang GT from them and they said they had a GT500. So I called thinking them being a small dealer that they would let me have it cheap. MSRP or back to another dealer. I asked if he wanted to WHOLESALE the car. He said NO WAY NO HOW. Then said that he KNEW the car would bring 9K over MSRP. I told him good luck and I moved on.

So some folks still think the are bringing big ADMs. Good luck on everyone quest for the BEST deal.

michael morris

do you pay any extra tax bringing it back to Canada?

I can't answer that 100%, but I do not believe so, however you will need to ensure that a couple of things meet Canadian standards:

Speedo in Km calibration

Inspection and compliance inspection

Maybe others but I don't think so.

But all in all it is very small dollars, You would need to check on import duties regs before you went ahead, but even in my short time I have talked to many people buying cars Sth of the border and bringing them in without to much difficulty.

Frontier Ford San Jose CA -

08 coupes -

Grabber with black stripes

Vapor with black stripes

White with black stripes

08 verts -

Torch Red

07 vert

Tungsten

Call Dennis 408 241 1800. He is a good guy and will get you an MSRP deal.

Listed price has nothing to do with what a dealer will take when you say " I'll pickup in 1 hour ".

Point taken, unfortunately for me it would be 'Ill have it shipped tomorrow...next week...next month'. That may be an exageration never had a car shipped across country but I can't imagine it's a next day kind of thing.

That's part of the frustration, there's no way to know who to start talk talking seriously to. I can't pay the whole wad in cash and I don't want to apply for financing unless I know I can get a reasonable deal.

Archived