TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 leftovers for sale

captdave

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Naw, he's just out flying the world's rich and famous; that's what he does you know.

This week was just the rich, no famous. The famous are the biggest pain in the necks to have onboard. Hollywood people are the worst. Most of the music people are pains also. The Aerosmith guys are always nice, just never on time and lots of luggage. A couple months ago we had Carl Icahn on board. He brought along his own chef. The food was great.

CaptDave

This week was just the rich, no famous. The famous are the biggest pain in the necks to have onboard. Hollywood people are the worst. Most of the music people are pains also. The Aerosmith guys are always nice, just never on time and lots of luggage. A couple months ago we had Carl Icahn on board. He brought along his own chef. The food was great.

CaptDave

sounds like a nice job. beats sitting inside all day. it must be like being on vacation all the time.

CaptDave

Hey Stryker (er CaptDave)

You need to get the Glitterazzi to tip you the ADM, then you could just jump in an not worry about the bottom line...

Flying can be taxing because its not a normal 9-5, depending on his set up it really impedes family life.

Roger

Sounds like you know something about it. I can get a call at midnight saying I'm off to Europe for a few weeks. You never know. But this winter has been like a vacation. Most of the time just spending my weekends in Boca.

CaptDave

Sounds like you know something about it. I can get a call at midnight saying I'm off to Europe for a few weeks. You never know. But this winter has been like a vacation. Most of the time just spending my weekends in Boca.

CaptDave

So you have been a Snow Bird all winter. Not a bad job to have.

do you pay any extra tax bringing it back to Canada?

I chickened out and bought mine in Canada but I wish I had gone south to get it. I could have saved at least $10,000. There are brokers who are bringing in US cars and preparing them with all Canadian standards. My friend just brought in a Mazda Speed 3 and saved about $3500. All that has to be done is an inspection and the daytime running lights turned on. You have to pay GST at the border and PST when the car is registered. The reality is we have been getting screwed on car prices in Canada for some time and it applies to all makes and models. The excuse has always been the difference in the dollar but they aren't lowering the prices to match the dollar now.

A question I have is, if I buy a car in the US and it is stolen or wrecked and I paid less than one can be bought for here, what will I get out of the insurance company? Whenever I buy a vehicle I send a copy of the invoice to my insurance guy and that is the established value unless I get an appraisal done. I guess its all spilled milk now so it doesn't matter and I do love the car so I should forget about it but it's frustrating that we have to pay more than we should.

I chickened out and bought mine in Canada but I wish I had gone south to get it. I could have saved at least $10,000. There are brokers who are bringing in US cars and preparing them with all Canadian standards. My friend just brought in a Mazda Speed 3 and saved about $3500. All that has to be done is an inspection and the daytime running lights turned on. You have to pay GST at the border and PST when the car is registered. The reality is we have been getting screwed on car prices in Canada for some time and it applies to all makes and models. The excuse has always been the difference in the dollar but they aren't lowering the prices to match the dollar now.

A question I have is, if I buy a car in the US and it is stolen or wrecked and I paid less than one can be bought for here, what will I get out of the insurance company? Whenever I buy a vehicle I send a copy of the invoice to my insurance guy and that is the established value unless I get an appraisal done. I guess its all spilled milk now so it doesn't matter and I do love the car so I should forget about it but it's frustrating that we have to pay more than we should.

The car is made so close to Canada. Yet cheaper anywhere in the USA. Do you think it's some extra import taxes?

The car is made so close to Canada. Yet cheaper anywhere in the USA. Do you think it's some extra import taxes?

No, there is a Canada/US trade agreement on cars made in North America. We're just getting screwed :shrug: I guess the good part is at least we're helping to keep Ford afloat as they're making more profit from us instead of the dealers getting it all in ADM's

Don

FREEDOM FORD IN MELBORNE ARKANSAS # 870-368-4219; NORTH CENTRAL ARKANSAS ; VISTA BLUE 08-GT500; W/WHITE STRIPE ; SHAKER 1000 ; HID ; UPGRADED DASH STICHING ; AMBIENT LIGHTING. AT MSRP TO 1,500.00 ABOVE. CALL AND ASK FOR ANDY SALES MANAGER; IT'S WAITING FOR SOMEBODY TO TAKE IT HOME.

Due to the theft of my 08' I have been talking to local dealers and getting price quotes to use in settlement talks with the insurance company. Dealers are still anywhere from 5-20k over and used cars are anywhere from $48,500-57,000. I admit in some areas prices may not be that strong. Bear in mind that the weather here has little effect as most days are sunny and dry so car can be used very often. Not all local dealers have cars in stock and some have as many as 5. It does not seem like they are dying to unload them. The whole thing brings back bad memories of when I was shopping for my car back in June of 07'. I have pretty much decided against buying another and am seriously looking into a 08' C6 Z06. Flame away if you will but please remember I am a lifelong blue oval supporter.

Good thing about a Z06 is Chevy parts are cheap, and if it gets stolen, no big loss.

Edit: Pisses me off when people consider profiting from stolen cars. Causes everyones insurance rates to go up. No Flame intended.

I haven't seen any white verts, or perhaps I've missed them. With verts coming "stripeless", I agree this one needs some dressign up.....

I think the GT500 conv white / should have red stripes. It looks the best.

CaptDave

Down in Palm Beach there is a dealer with 5 GT500's. He had 2 a few weeks ago. I'm going today to see what they are charging? It seemed like a nice bunch of guys. They had me test drive Rouch 427.

CaptDave

I think the GT500 conv white / should have red stripes. It looks the best.

CaptDave

So have the dealer paint them on. My wife just got a Warriors in Pink black vert and they are painting the stripes on for $1250. I've seen GT's they have painted and they do excellent work. Don't let the stripe delete keep you from getting it. The dealer quoted vinyl for $500 but the stock pink color didn't match the rocker panel stripe that says Mustang. If this car is a stripe delete you won't have the matching issue.

Archived